Thai Health Ministry mulls listing Italy as high risk for COVID-19 infection

rooster59

Thai Health Ministry mulls listing Italy as high risk for COVID-19 infection

Anutin.jpg

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is considering listing Italy as one of the high-risk countries for COVID-19 infection, travellers arriving from which will be screened at their port of entry into Thailand, Dr. Thanarak Plipat, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department, told a media conference today.

He said that the additional measure, now under consideration, stems from the sharp rise in COVID-19 infections in Italy.

He said that the ministry has not yet imposed a travel ban on Thai citizens, but has advised those who want to travel overseas to postpone their trip for the foreseeable future, adding, however, that if the travel is necessary, they must take steps to protect themselves with face masks and sanitizers.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-health-ministry-mulls-listing-italy-at-high-risk-for-covid-19-infection/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-02-23
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Creasy said:

I've said it before. 

If Thailand wasn't  so suppressed when it came to the media and free speech, you could make a nightly 2 hour long satirical show mocking the buffoons in charge.

But don't mock anyone or speak the truth as you will end up in court or maybe jail for 15 years.

Saffronday Night Live?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

Maybe Italy reports correctly. Whilst Thailand...

much like; imagine the LOS eyebrowses rising when they heard of the scapegoat - the fella who was named the spreader of the disease, from Singapore to UK

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"I hope that answers your question. Can I ask you, do you know where Italy is?"

Anutin.jpg.2dc8f42d926ecf8be190f5aa15ce9af9.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by NCC1701A

maybe he was Leaning towards Pisa as the epicentre...

(the only part of Italy he's probably only ever heard of)

I just booked a flight from SFO to Rome on April 11. I'll stay a few weeks in Italy and then fly on to BKK, completing a round-the-world. UNLESS of course I'm ill or they ban people coming from Italy. I plan to spend the time in the central and south, and all the cases in Italy so far I believe are in the north.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Looks like the U.S. and Thailand are tied, as least of now... The info below being the latest tally for cases outside of China:

372525925_2020-02-2311_05_33.jpg.14ae268ba3413f4e484dd3d8645cd065.jpg

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

The stats are the same for both Countries, but The USA has a population that is nearly 6 times greater than Thailands, and probably receives far less Tourists from China.

Hmmmmmm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

The stats are the same for both Countries, but The USA has a population that is nearly 6 times greater than Thailands, and probably receives far less Tourists from China.

Hmmmmmm

I didn't say it make any sense or is believable. I'm just reporting the official stats as they exist, since Italy suddenly seems to have vaulted into the upper echelons.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK