Thailand's tourism minister: Everything will be fine after Songkran - the hot weather will blow the virus away!

webfact

I would be willing to say no big uptic in Chinese for at least 6 months and more likely 1 year after they get the virus under control. The chinese are broke no work because the jobs have been shut down. No work means no money, no money means no vacation

• Thanks 1

It’s just a normal strong flu virus. The money shot  ( pun intended)  will be the compulsory vaccine, which the frightened populous will beg for............... or not.

people die from flue viruses all day long. How many preventable drink drive deaths since this “ out break”?

feels like a reality/ sports show. Also a great opportunity to do a bit of global arm twisting/fear mongering.

I will admit, I don’t miss the crowds.

one observation, Kata is packed with white faces.

5 minutes ago, djayz said:

Do none of these esteemed leaders have advisors/aids/managers advising them what to and what not to say?

The problem seems be the esteemed leaders are dictating to the advisors what to say which is dangerous if not criminal!As seems to be the case in Iran.Watch the video above to the end.

I'm watching that video how can they have fifty deaths already. It's very reassuring having that guy wipe the sweat off of his feverish forehead every 25 seconds as he speaks about how everybody should not panic but yet do not leave the city if your school is quarantined and medical staff must stay at the hospital  and not go home but we've made special accommodations for them.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Of course we could not know until it is summer, but several health organisations have said that if this CoronaVirus acts like other of it"s type it might. The effect is not only  virus specific but  also has a behavioral component. (people behave differently in warm weather and in ways not conducive to it"s transmission) 

Let's hope that those who say it might are correct.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/12/805256402/can-coronavirus-be-crushed-by-warmer-weather

Edited by sirineou

30 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I'm watching that video how can they have fifty deaths already. It's very reassuring having that guy wipe the sweat off of his feverish forehead every 25 seconds as he speaks about how everybody should not panic but yet do not leave the city if your school is quarantined and medical staff must stay at the hospital  and not go home but we've made special accommodations for them.  

It said in the video that the first death occurred a week earlier than what the health ministry said it did so he was possibly spreading the virus for a while before he died.Yes he seemed to be sweating profusely and coughing and wiping his nose and if I didn't know be I would have thought he has the virus himself.

Politicians and other uniformed officials seem to feel a need to babble, pose for photos and engage in all sorts of ineffective behaviors, oblivious of their buffoonery. It is not a local phenomenon, but does seem to have been perfected here.

5 minutes ago, MikeyScars said:

Coronavirus: UAE bans citizens from going to Iran, Thailand

https://gulfnews.com/uae/coronavirus-uae-bans-citizens-from-going-to-iran-thailand-1.69925805

Iran, I understand.  But why Thailand? We only have 35....

Because Iran's Government sound just like the Thai people who call themselves the Thai government.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richard10365 said:

Actually, there is some historical truth to his assumptions. Google it. However, what happens above the equator may not necessarily happen below the equator.

But meanwhile keep throwing the Covid-19 bodies on to the morgue meat wagons with the RTA corpses....nobody will notice!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

did you speak with the virus directly during that meeting or is this conjecture on your part?

Desire, hope and guessing are all synonyms for conjecture  …. :thumbsup: