What would you do if you get the virus?

ChipButty

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It really depends, if they told me I only have another week, I will leave quarantaine and hit Soi 6 to party and end it with a jump.
Meanwhile laughing at all the peeps being scared for nothing and fearless for what they should be scared of.

So you’d spread it. Much like the people who have HIV & knowingly spread that. 

Classy.... 

• Like 2

I will stay home because unless nearly dead I belive hospital are the worst place to be in an epidemic. Besides countries with much lower population than Thailand recommend that those who feel ill should stay home and call a doctor for advice in the event treatment is necessary. This to prevent infection to others as well as overburdening hospitals. The problem is that as far as I know Thailand have no outreach medical service and of course another problem is people are scared of being locked in their home for long periods and its already been seen hoarding empty stores in some countries for food and other necessities in fear of a long-lasting epidemic where people have to stay away from work, schools and most shops, markeder etc., will be closed.

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

eat plenty of ginger, onions and garlic.

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

So probably not many guests either. Sorry, I couldn't resist

When one is in self isolation there shouldn't be too many of those should there!

To be honest, as I am fairly reclusive anyway, such a regimen wouldn't bother me too much. 

Not being a snob but the last place you want to be is in the government hospitals go in there with one problem and come out with two more, Im sure they do a great job with the resources they have.

Some friends of ours had to take their daughter to one in Phuket we went to visit her like bodies everywhere people sleeping under the beds obviously the parents looked like a refugee camp I said what you doing putting her in here I wouldn't mind they have money just being sticky

• Like 1

Some concerning responses all around.

Most people it seems would just carry on rather than visit 

the Thai medical system....

self isolation is good but if you have got it and not on some 

strong measures like a ventilator and powerful medication

you could die.

I believe most deaths on covid are due to poor health care,

poor immunity or a mix of both.

no point eating onions and garlic after you've got it.

• Like 1

It would be an irresponsible thing to do to turn up at a hospital in present circumstances. You risk passing on the virus to innocent people there. The advise in the UK and probably other countries also is to isolate yourself immediately, before doing so however you are advised to make your condition known (UK dial 111).

No idea if such a process exists in Thailand but absolutely do not wonder in to a public hospital seeking assistance. There must be guidelines published by the Thai authorities

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

one thing everybody can do now is have just a few things around the house so you do not have to going looking for it while you are sick. 

here is a example of what you need:

If that is from the US ... where is the ammo ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

one thing everybody can do now is have just a few things around the house so you do not have to going looking for it while you are sick. 

Are the 150 guns really necessary? Maybe you're expecting some kind of viral zombie apocalypse.

15 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not being a snob but the last place you want to be is in the government hospitals go in there with one problem and come out with two more, Im sure they do a great job with the resources they have.

Some friends of ours had to take their daughter to one in Phuket we went to visit her like bodies everywhere people sleeping under the beds obviously the parents looked like a refugee camp I said what you doing putting her in here I wouldn't mind they have money just being sticky

I stayed in a private hospital with bronchitis for a couple of days. I'd have to be really sick to go back. As a registered nurse I was shocked at how poor the care was. No one ever explained anything that was happening. It was like the bad old days of western hospitals when Drs were "god".

• Thanks 1

This is the fact.  Other flu strains kill far more people every year.  According to WHO up to 590,000 die every year from flu.  According to the CDC so far this year in the USA 16,000 people have died from flu, 95 of them children.  These flu strains are an epidemic/pandemic and yet don't go reported as such simply because this is 'normal' it happens every year.

Knowing this what disaster kits have you ever prepared for it?  How have you altered your plans before because over half a million people died from influenza?

Next year this craze will all be forgotten it will just be part of the new 'normal'.

https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

• Like 1

Her in doors the Midget has been on my case for years about Alcohol is no good for me, the next thing she goes and buy hand sanitizer sprays With Alcohol and hand Gel sanitizer With Alcohol, see I told Alcohol was good for me

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

This is to prevent not to treat.

If you insist on self isolation stick with a high protein plant based diet, drink warm water regularly, take warm showers and rest rest rest.

Btw, plenty of LSD in Thailand ???? I heard

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Some concerning responses all around.

Most people it seems would just carry on rather than visit 

the Thai medical system....

self isolation is good but if you have got it and not on some 

strong measures like a ventilator and powerful medication

you could die.

I believe most deaths on covid are due to poor health care,

poor immunity or a mix of both.

no point eating onions and garlic after you've got it.

Hmmmmm. The death rate is about 3% and most people that get it will just feel unwell. Ventilators are required only for those with respiratory difficulty. If every person in China with Corona was requiring a ventilator not enough in the country to do that. What medication would a virus require? Meds don't cure viruses. Only your immune system combats a virus. So far there is no vaccine.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I stayed in a private hospital with bronchitis for a couple of days. I'd have to be really sick to go back. As a registered nurse I was shocked at how poor the care was. No one ever explained anything that was happening. It was like the bad old days of western hospitals when Drs were "god".

Dont ever question a Thai Doctor they get the hump, I had to spend a couple of days in hospital last year and all night long they are in and out of the room and the doctor wanted me to stay one more night I refused and when he asked me why I told him about the staff in and out of the room all night disturbing me, 

• Like 1

I'm keeping my immunity up and if possible, boosting it. Also doubled my dosage of Melatonin to get 9-10 hours of sleep. I had symptoms that aligned with pneumonia. Feeling a little bit better, still some back aches around the kidney area (mid section), and upper section of my back. Discomforts around the neck/throat. No chest pains, no fever. Dry cough is now wet. Had a headache, took a Tylenol. Tightness when I take deep breaths. But once again, got lots of rest, fluids and am hoping to beat whatever I have. If symptoms escalate I'll head to the hospital. 

I'm pretty sure its a common cold mixed with really bad air pollution.

Edited by ThaiBrian

21 hours ago, lust said:

How would you know if you had it? I’m sure you’d be going to the hospital if you’re showing symptoms to see if you have it, I doubt they’d let you go if you test positive.

If you think you have Coronavirus or DO NOT GO TO A GP, CLINIC OR HOSPITAL. Self-isolate at home and call whatever is the given number for advice (or a hospital).

• Like 1

If you think you have Coronavirus or DO NOT GO TO A GP, CLINIC OR HOSPITAL. Self-isolate at home and call whatever is the given number for advice (or a hospital). 

Going out in public if you believe you may have the virus is the most selfish thing anyone can do.

• Like 2

If you thought you had it, how would you get to the hospital? Take a public taxi?

Anyway, there's only currently 11 being treated in hospital out of 70 million.

This could change, but currently more risk of being run down by a cement truck.....

3 minutes ago, justin case said:

hospitals are IDEAL if you want to get new other exotic diseases on top of what you have

and there is not much they can do as antibiotics don't work for .... VIRUS

Do you think hospitals only administer antibiotics?   

There is a lot more that they do to help a patient with a viral infection.  One of the main ones for pneumonia caused by covid19 is putting the patient on oxygen to assist with their breathing.  

22 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Maybe, but it's not all the frail and weak. There have been recent stories about a group you'd presume are frail and weak to be under-represented the statistics - children

And just because you are otherwise healthy and not elderly does not mean you are not one of the 20% who react strongly to the virus. If you are old but do not react strongly to the virus, you should be fine. Of course, age is a factor in that the older you are, there is a greater change that your resistance to viruses is lower.