Xmax

Kwasaki

9 hours ago, eisfeld said:

When you say smaller, do you mean less wide or smaller diameter? As far as I can tell from the specs both Click 125 and Yamaha Aerox have 14 inch diameter wheels. But the latter has wider tires (80mm vs 110mm). Not sure how much of a difference this will make. I suspect the real reason why you see the Click as more maneuverable is probably because it has a shorter wheel base of 1280mm vs the Aerox' 1350mm. Maybe the Honda also has a sharper steering lock angle and overall more favorable geometry for low speed though I can't see that in the specs.

What I'm trying to say is that there is much more than wheel width or diameter when it comes to defining how a bike steers.

Actually you're right. The rims are the same diameter, but the Honda's are slimmer and so are the tyres. And the overall diameter is smaller. What is for sure is the that the Earox does have more unsprung weight.

Of course I wouldn't be aware of this if I didn't have the 2 motorcycles to make this comparison. My favourite and most often used is the Earox, but when I take the Click out it's very noticeable that I have to steer it more to keep a straight course. It's like that for about 1 kilometer or so until 'muscle memory' kicks in and remembers how to ride it.

Right, I have a long ride to make today (on the Earox of course) and it's just been raining. Here's hoping it's just passing through.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Vocal Neil is the one who gave a good answer to the question why others get into rake and trail and race set up configuration is silly. 

We are talking scooters so I will ask again

Scooters are affected by the same laws of physics as larger motorcycles. You comments seems to show you do not believe this to be the case. That is unfortunate. Care to explain concisely why they are different?

Rake and trail were not initially discussed regarding the wheel size. The comment about rake and trail was made regarding a subsequent comment of yours. By making your claim I have just quoted it shows a lack of comprehension in this instance.

Try and string a few sentences together to consistently explain your points and why people are wrong on unsprung mass and then do the same on why rake and trail are not important aspects of overall handling of a two wheeled vehicle.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, eisfeld said:

What I'm trying to say is that there is much more than wheel width or diameter when it comes to defining how a bike steers.

You are spot on. Even very small adjustments in geometry / suspension can dramatically change the handling characteristics of a bike. Something as simple as static sag on the front end can have effect. Trail braking can speed up your turn in on the road or the track dramatically due to the subsequent geometry change when the front end is compressed and the rear is raised.

It doesn't matter if it is a sport bike for a scooter. It affects any bike with a traditional setup.

Good luck in attempting to explain that to Kwasaki.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

You are spot on. Even very small adjustments in geometry / suspension can dramatically change the handling characteristics of a bike. Something as simple as static sag on the front end can have effect. Trail braking can speed up your turn in on the road or the track dramatically due to the subsequent geometry change when the front end is compressed and the rear is raised.

It doesn't matter if it is a sport bike for a scooter. It affects any bike with a traditional setup.

Good luck in attempting to explain that to Kwasaki.

Whats the point every one rides different and you set up the bike to yourself. 

The thread answer is Thai kids do it for some kind of drag stuff so I do have my answer thanks. 

I wonder how it works with the suspension as I saw they actually swap them for 17 inch rims so they get very close to the sprung parts of the bike. That would be the most dangerous aspect of it. Imagine going over a bump, the tire touching the fairing and suddenly braking. Then again in the below picture I see a upside-down fork so maybe they change the suspension to match.

445e847c42322a56095db49505a97368.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 5:23 AM, lust said:

Thread title says xmax, thread has nothing to do with an Xmax 

It is about an Xmax scoot fitted with bicycle wheels how can that not have anything to do with an xmax.