Britain vows to drive hard bargain in U.S. trade talks

webfact

4 hours ago, samran said:

Some people here wouldn’t want you to comment on these issues unless you were English and agree with them, and when they can’t get that if they don’t like the opposing view they hear they put you on ignore!

Opposing views from within are welcome, particularly if delivered with humour/banter/wit that gives everyone a good laugh even if they don't necessarily agree.

Ditto re opposing views from elsewhere. Unfortunately all too often this bracket attracts blatant trolls who are 'economical' re their own background & deliberately destabilize the boards yet cry foul at the drop of a hat. Quite what they gain from this isn't clear, other than to purge the boards of their targetted posters, enabling their own views to prevail while others are stifled.

If I venture onto a Trump thread (etc) I always make very clear which way my trousers hang..

HTH

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Opposing views from within are welcome, particularly if delivered with humour/banter/wit that gives everyone a good laugh even if they don't necessarily agree.

Ditto re opposing views from elsewhere. Unfortunately all too often this bracket attracts blatant trolls who are 'economical' re their own background & deliberately destabilize the boards yet cry foul at the drop of a hat. Quite what they gain from this isn't clear, other than to purge the boards of their targetted posters, enabling their own views to prevail while others are stifled.

If I venture onto a Trump thread (etc) I always make very clear which way my trousers hang..

HTH

Actually, all views regardless of who makes them are welcome.

You’ll catch on eventually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

To be fair, you didn't ask me but everyone knows that if you don't set the 'Only specified posters welcome to respond' flag then it is an open forum and all are entitled to challenge points put forth.

It will take a better man than me to fathom out just what you are asking - I thought I did, but now I am not so sure. I was most interested in this statement that you made:

But you seem to have taken a different tack in response. I am, however, always happy to debate the economics of an independent Scotland on the appropriate thread. No invite needed - all welcome to participate ????.

Well done for not answering anything. Give yourself a pat on the back.

You sound like an SNP politician.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well done for not answering anything. Give yourself a pat on the back.

You sound like an SNP politician.

He could well be, well he slips Independence in at every opportunity ..................Sadly...????

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:30 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The US has already told the U.K. that it, the US, will dictate UK taxation of online companies, regulation of medicine prices and the sell off of the NHS.

Oh dear I was rather fond  of the NHS !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jack100 said:

Oh dear I was rather fond  of the NHS !

More fake news. I would like to see them links of evidence.

Telling someone and actually what is happening are two very different things but for the anti Brits on here, they jump on anything, a bit like flies around manure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More fake news. I would like to see them links of evidence.

Telling someone and actually what is happening are two very different things but for the anti Brits on here, they jump on anything, a bit like flies around manure.

Just use google. You will find them no problem.