Dee Money transfer problem? QR codes and confused.

Guys,

After seeing in Thai visa I signed up to Dee money and did this process easy ad efficiently with help from Dee money staff to register. So far, so good.

I decided to give it a test and to check it out today. Firstly, the rate advertised is very near within a couple of pips what Krung Thai bank offers which is nowhere near as good as Super Rich or similar. Therefore, I thought the only advantage was on the fee charges.

They are offering a flat fee of 125 baht which was great as opposed to paying my bank 1,500 baht for the same transaction. My own bank also limits me to a maximum 100,000 baht a day transfers online and a fee charged each time, unless I want to go into the bank for a larger amount and do an international remittance.

I went through all the procedure till we got to the final page and the options were direct bank ( my preference) K bank, I don't use them nor have ever had any dealings with them, or a QR scan code, which I have never used in banking.

It would not accept my direct bank option and when I phoned they told me they were having problems and to use the QR code option. I pointed out I have never done this and we ended up in a mess as I could not understand what she wanted me to do, she was asking me to save the QR code and then enter it into my usual bank online, but it certainly  did not seem straightforward.

I think for amounts up to 10,000 GBP, I will just go early to the airport and seek out Super Rich and carry it with me, no fuss no fees and a better rate.

Has any TV members had easy experience with Dee Money as I am struggling.

Hi Scouse123, if you already have a mobile banking application on your mobile phone (for any Thai bank), there is an option to make payments via QR. In the case of SCBEasy, the option is called "Scan bill / QR payment". 

If this option turns on your camera, there is a button on your screen to allow for it to scan a QR code saved in your phone's gallery instead. 

Alternatively, if you are able to travel to on our branches, we can process the transaction for you in person.

Hope that helped.

• Like 1

Paying by QR or bar code using your Thai bank mbanking app is very easy.  Just scan/import the QR code within your Thai bank's mbanking app, select the acct to pay from, and then approve/submit the payment.  Payment is instant. 

The first transfers I did with DeeMoney using the QR payment method I did the transfer on my laptop and when the QR payment code appeared on my laptop screen I then used my Thai bank mbanking app to to a QR payment....that is, used the phone app to scan the QR code on my computer screen and accomplish the payment.   

Later on when just using the DeeMoney phone app to initiate the transfer versus using DeeMoney on my computer once DeeMoney displays the QR code on your phone you do a screenshot of the QR code.   OK, the screenshot has now been saved to the pictures gallery on my phone.  I can close or keep the DeeMoney app open at this time while you open your Thai bank's mbanking app, select their QR/Bar Code payment menu, and then import/scan that saved QR code with my mbanking app.  Done...payment is instant. 

If you go back to your DeeMoney app now you will see the status of your transfer has changed to payment received/funded.

Once you get one QR/bar code payment under you belt using your mbanking app you'll think to yourself, Durn, that was easy.....should have been doing this years ago. 

It's really easy but a person does need to "understand how QR/bar code payment works with their mbanking app" regardless of what QR/bar code they are scanning/paying.   Be it a QR/bar code on a utility bill that showed up in your mailbox or a DeeMoney QR code.   Since bills may come with both a bar code and a QR code you will need to determine which one the biller has setup for payment....and that is basically determined by seeing if your mbanking displays the payment info when you scan the code....you might scan the QR code and you can't make the payment....but scan the bar code and you can make the payment.  

Heck, I use my Thai bank QR/bar code scanning function to pay all my reoccurring utility bills that show up on a bill like my electric and water bills, mobile phone bills, internet bill, etc.    Can make a payment in approx 30 seconds which counts the time where you open up your mbanking app, scan the bar code/QR code on the bill, select which acct to pay from, double check the payment info, and press submit.

Done....finished....paid....fast....easy....didn't have to use my more cumbersome ibanking a person normally used via their computer or make a trip to 7-11 to pay the bill. 

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Paying by QR or bar code using your Thai bank mbanking app is very easy.  Just scan/import the QR code within your Thai bank's mbanking app, select the acct to pay from, and then approve/submit the payment.  Payment is instant. 

The first transfers I did with DeeMoney using the QR payment method I did the transfer on my laptop and when the QR payment code appeared on my laptop screen I then used my Thai bank mbanking app to to a QR payment....that is, used the phone app to scan the QR code on my computer screen and accomplish the payment.   

Later on when just using the DeeMoney phone app to initiate the transfer versus using DeeMoney on my computer once DeeMoney displays the QR code on your phone you do a screenshot of the QR code.   OK, the screenshot has now been saved to the pictures gallery on my phone.  I can close or keep the DeeMoney app open at this time while you open your Thai bank's mbanking app, select their QR/Bar Code payment menu, and then import/scan that saved QR code with my mbanking app.  Done...payment is instant. 

If you go back to your DeeMoney app now you will see the status of your transfer has changed to payment received/funded.

Once you get one QR/bar code payment under you belt using your mbanking app you'll think to yourself, Durn, that was easy.....should have been doing this years ago. 

It's really easy but a person does need to "understand how QR/bar code payment works with their mbanking app" regardless of what QR/bar code they are scanning/paying.   Be it a QR/bar code on a utility bill that showed up in your mailbox or a DeeMoney QR code.   Since bills may come with both a bar code and a QR code you will need to determine which one the biller has setup for payment....and that is basically determined by seeing if your mbanking displays the payment info when you scan the code....you might scan the QR code and you can't make the payment....but scan the bar code and you can make the payment.  

Heck, I use my Thai bank QR/bar code scanning function to pay all my reoccurring utility bills that show up on a bill like my electric and water bills, mobile phone bills, internet bill, etc.    Can make a payment in approx 30 seconds which counts the time where you open up your mbanking app, scan the bar code/QR code on the bill, select which acct to pay from, double check the payment info, and press submit.

Done....finished....paid....fast....easy....didn't have to use my more cumbersome ibanking a person normally used via their computer or make a trip to 7-11 to pay the bill. 

Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

Hi Scouse123, if you already have a mobile banking application on your mobile phone (for any Thai bank), there is an option to make payments via QR. In the case of SCBEasy, the option is called "Scan bill / QR payment". 

If this option turns on your camera, there is a button on your screen to allow for it to scan a QR code saved in your phone's gallery instead. 

Alternatively, if you are able to travel to on our branches, we can process the transaction for you in person.

Hope that helped.

Thanks,

I will try as I use Krung Thai bank and I have mobile banking app.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, DeeMoney said:

Hope that helped.

DeeMoney,

Followed your instructions and now understand how to do it and actually how easy and user friendly it really is. I will be using this method plenty.