Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I know what I voted for when I voted to leave.

What did you vote for?

The vote was to leave.

Yes, to leave, but for what? What did you hope to gain?

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The vote was to leave. Remainers Rejoiners can keep their add-ons as they serve no purpose whatsoever since we're out.

And thereby singularly failing to address the points I made.

Oh yeah. Anyone who is not a believer is to be ignored and their questions dismissed.

We all know we are out. What we want now is for you Brexiteers to deliver on the lies sorry promises you all made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And thereby singularly failing to address the points I made.

Oh yeah. Anyone who is not a believer is to be ignored and their questions dismissed.

We all know we are out. What we want now is for you Brexiteers to deliver on the lies sorry promises you all made.

Boris seems to be getting on with it IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Boris seems to be getting on with it IMO.

Still refusing to address the points I made. 

When you voted to leave did you do so on the basis we would be leaving the single market? And if so how did you know we would be leaving the single market?

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The vote was to leave. Remainers Rejoiners can keep their add-ons as they serve no purpose whatsoever since we're out.

Nobody really cares how you wish to spin things around.

Brexit won. Your dudes are now suffering for unexpected retaliation from Saudis. I guess you'll be learning arabic by now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

See this is more of the vague nonsense vote leave promised. Why, specifically do you want shot of the EU? 

I won't be walking the plank under any circumstances.

We're out/I'm glad and I cannot ever see that changing.

Can we move on now please?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

I won't be walking the plank under any circumstances.

We're out/I'm glad and I cannot ever see that changing.

Can we move on now please?

Why can you not answer direct questions?

Why did you want to leave the EU?

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Seeing the U.K. budget rolled out I understood straight the needed move for cutting rates drastic ...as U.K. heading to booming borrowing for next 5years for sure , I wonder how the rating agencies go react on this …?

Wait for tomorrow newspapers analyst graphics and you shall agree with my today's opinion , and when I say booming borrowing ...that is almost an understatement 

I have no interest in your opinion. ????

• Like 1

We're not going to get any answers here. She suggested to search. I did.

Here's what I found.

"Multiple sources have found a correlation between having a higher level of education and voting 'remain', as well as a correlation between having lower educational level and voting 'leave'. YouGov found that, among those who voted in the referendum, 68% of voters with a university degree voted 'remain', whereas 70% of voters educated only to GCSE level or lower voted 'leave'. Similarly, Curtice reports that "university graduates voted by around three to one in favour of Remain, whereas nearly four in five of those without any educational qualifications voted to Leave"."

Academic Eric Kaufmann notes the relatively strong positive correlation between a voter's support for the death penalty and their choice to vote 'leave'.

Analysing data the day after the Referendum, Ford concluded that 'Such voters had turned against a political class they saw as dominated by socially liberal university graduates with values fundamentally opposed to theirs, on identity, Europe – and particularly immigration.' This was described in as "if you've got money, you vote in... if you haven't got money, you vote out".

Nevertheless, what is most striking economically, is that most people thought that Brexit would be bad for the economy and their own finances. However, they thought it would ensure lower immigration levels and the ability to claim back national sovereignty, even though most were not wary of the repercussions or did not think it would make any difference at all.

English Nationalism played a key role in shaping the result of the referendum.

'One third (33%) [of leave voters] said the main reason was that leaving "offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders."

On the day of the referendum Lord Ashcroft's polling team questioned 12,369 people who had completed voting. This poll produced data that showed that 'Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the European Union was "the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK". ("in the UK." meaning: "by the UK." logically implying: "on behalf of 66 million UK citizens not 508 million EU residents.") The sense that EU membership took decision making further away from 'the people' in favour of domination by regulatory bodies – in particular the European Commission, seen as the supposed key decision-taking body, is said to have been a strong motivating factor for leave voters wanting to end or reverse the process of EU influence in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_vote_in_favour_of_Brexit

Interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Populism, in my dictionary is the appeal to mass sentiment, without the power to deliver on promises, worst case scenario, making false promises on purpose, or, not much better, making promises which can not be kept due to ignorance. 

So with that populism is a no win siutation. 

Take this budget Mr Sunak has unveiled. Tax cuts across the board 125 billion GBP of extra borrowing. So the current policies of the Brexiters are mortgaged on the backs of future generations who will have to pay for them. Generations of Brits will pay for this Brexit government's policies.

This is exactly what Greece did. Give the people whatever they want so we can stay in power, regardless of whether we can afford it. THAT is populism.

We live NOW. On Credit. Let our children pay for it. It's utterly disgusting and despicable.

Will future generations of British youth hold their parents acountable? What will they say?

As for your absolutely mad and diabolical implication that WWII was a 'good' thing, it's beyond ignorance really. The USA will break up? The EU will break up. The virus will destroy China? How long did it take to build this fantasy world you live in?

In his dictionary! That used by the Three Amigos. Ole!!! Let's ride!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Here's what I found.

"Multiple sources have found a correlation between having a higher level of education and voting 'remain', as well as a correlation between having lower educational level and voting 'leave'. YouGov found that, among those who voted in the referendum, 68% of voters with a university degree voted 'remain', whereas 70% of voters educated only to GCSE level or lower voted 'leave'. Similarly, Curtice reports that "university graduates voted by around three to one in favour of Remain, whereas nearly four in five of those without any educational qualifications voted to Leave"."

Academic Eric Kaufmann notes the relatively strong positive correlation between a voter's support for the death penalty and their choice to vote 'leave'.

Analysing data the day after the Referendum, Ford concluded that 'Such voters had turned against a political class they saw as dominated by socially liberal university graduates with values fundamentally opposed to theirs, on identity, Europe – and particularly immigration.' This was described in as "if you've got money, you vote in... if you haven't got money, you vote out".

Nevertheless, what is most striking economically, is that most people thought that Brexit would be bad for the economy and their own finances. However, they thought it would ensure lower immigration levels and the ability to claim back national sovereignty, even though most were not wary of the repercussions or did not think it would make any difference at all.

'One third (33%) [of leave voters] said the main reason was that leaving "offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders."

On the day of the referendum Lord Ashcroft's polling team questioned 12,369 people who had completed voting. This poll produced data that showed that 'Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the European Union was "the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK". ("in the UK." meaning: "by the UK." logically implying: "on behalf of 66 million UK citizens not 508 million EU residents.") The sense that EU membership took decision making further away from 'the people' in favour of domination by regulatory bodies – in particular the European Commission, seen as the supposed key decision-taking body, is said to have been a strong motivating factor for leave voters wanting to end or reverse the process of EU influence in the UK.

Interesting.

Gawd. Not this slop again!! Get back to the fishing. This is so far off topic now the fish will complain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Gawd. Not this slop again!! Get back to the fishing. This is so far off topic now the fish will complain.

Yes you totally refuted his points there. A masterful demonstration in counter argument. Kids at university will theorise and debate on this post for years to come citing it as the very epitome of debate. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

So sad, my attempt to fly a little humour seems to have maintained an altitude to great for some.  

Don't be sad for that , your many smiley's are appreciated , I always consider them in the positive way …., reserve the sadness for the budget payback borrowing years to come ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Don't be sad for that , your many smiley's are appreciated , I always consider them in the positive way …., reserve the sadness for the budget payback borrowing years to come ????

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, nauseus said:

These kind of arguments have been run through TV Brexit threads too many times already over the last 4 years and exhausted to the point of boredom. 

Yes, have to explain once again that many youngsters go to University these days , or collages that have been upgraded to Universities , whilst anyone older than...................right bored with explaining over and over again  

Just see all these university graduated  youngsters who still have difficulty distinguishing between *Their , There ,and They're* 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

I remember this. Long time ago. 

From TV. 

A phrase used by an  officer, I believe in India, when others around him were in problem. 

Always thought that was very selfish and unkind. 

But than I not understand English humor. 

Maybe someone can  explain me, in short, what it really means. 

So I can understand the use of this phrase by nauseus. 

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I remember this. Long time ago. 

From TV. 

A phrase used by an  officer, I believe in India, when others around him were in problem. 

Always thought that was very selfish and unkind. 

But than I not understand English humor. 

Maybe someone can  explain me, in short, what it really means. 

So I can understand the use of this phrase by nauseus. 

*It aint half hot mum * Television programme 

Windsor Davis , actor 

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Here's what I found.

Interesting.

I think I would have preferred info like the above stemming from a somewhat more scholarly source than wiki.

Anyway,

good find.

But so what? Nothing new revealed above. Pretty standard fare and what could be expected in UK.

The point of the entry is?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

*It aint half hot mum * Television programme 

Windsor Davis , actor 

Yes, I remember. 

But my post is, what does this expression really means?

I suppose not what I consider it is :

selfish/unkind.