Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Johnson is nothing but a populist. All he ever had was sound bites and slogans. It was the politics of the dog whistle. He is also bone idle and has the attention span of a goldfish. Thats why the unelected Dominic Cummings is running number 10.

Just read a dictionary description of the word "populist" and now I agree that he is one 

"a person, especially a politician, who strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

Yes, the voters got ignored by the Politicians over the Brexit vote and Boris listened to the voters and delivered 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheDark said:

LOL! Did you just wrote that out to be read by virtually everybody?

Funny one.

It was your description of  what a populist is what threw me 

You gave a completely wrong description of what a populist is 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Just read a dictionary description of the word "populist" and now I agree that he is one 

"a person, especially a politician, who strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

Yes, the voters got ignored by the Politicians over the Brexit vote and Boris listened to the voters and delivered 

You cant get more establishment than Johnson.

He has used you guys for his own personal gain. 

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh I dont know. What job does he now have that might have massaged his ego and confirmed his right to rule?

Oh right, Johnson used the voters by getting them to vote for him .

Sounds about right .

Jonhson used the voters to get elected by getting them to vote for him 

That is how elections work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Sounds about right .

Johnson used you by promising things which can not nor never could be delivered. As did Farage. They lied to you.

How does where we are right now compare with what the vote leave campaign was promising?

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Populist is the boy who promises your daughter to "just dip" inside your daughter and eventually make her pregnant. Realism starts when that boy runs away and you have to take care of his genes.

That's populism.

• Haha 2

What I especially liked in the new budget was a cunning new scheme:

Ministers pledge £5billion of loans to boost post-Brexit exports 

The Chancellor is preparing to boost post-Brexit exports for UK businesses by making £5billion of loans available in his forthcoming Budget.

Rishi Sunak is set to hand over £5billion to UK Export Finance (Ukef), the Government's export credit agency that provides loans to overseas buyers of British goods and services.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8099889/Chancellor-Rishi-Sunak-wages-war-coronavirus-Budget.html

So that's how bad things have become for British exporters. The UK taxpayer is effectively paying foreign buyers to buy British companies' products

So money from taxpayer goes to the foreign buyer - foreign buyer pays UK taxpayer money to UK business.

Why all the middle men? Why not make it more efficient and pay the UK tax monies direct to the UK businesses? No need for foreign buyers at all....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Don't you think the budget which Mr. Sunak has unveiled is massively populist?

Tax cuts across the board which the UK can not afford and a massive triple digit billion pound extra borrowing end result?

Don't you think the Brexiters' mortgaging Britain's current policies on the back of future British generations is populist in the extreme?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Would one of you guys please explain to the rest of us why you hate populism so much?

Populism is the natural reaction when a system such as capitalism becomes so far out of whack that it needs to be brought back in line. The last time populism was really a global movement was during the late 30's and early 40's. Coincidentally, that is also the last time when the wealthiest 0.1% owned as much as the poorest 90%. Populism is a reaction to a system that is hopelessly broken and deperately needs to be changed.

So, let me be the first to say, fantastic if Johnson is a populist. That means he is actually listening to the people telling him that changes are badly needed. It's those who aren't populists that scare me. The current situation is broken. If Brexit can make the EU wake up to the fact the status quo is a disaster, then I say more power to the populists pushing Brexit. The world needs change.  Previously when this happened, WWII destroyed the existing global economies and rebooted everything. I hope that this time around populists can force the change necessary peacefully and without the all the human casualties that occurred the last time.

You won't see me crying if the EU breaks up. And I'm already on record stating the USA is going to go the way of the USSR. It this virus can also destroy the rising power of China we'll have a perfect situation for a global reset. Go populists.

Populism, in my dictionary is the appeal to mass sentiment, without the power to deliver on promises, worst case scenario, making false promises on purpose, or, not much better, making promises which can not be kept due to ignorance. 

So with that populism is a no win siutation. 

Take this budget Mr Sunak has unveiled. Tax cuts across the board 125 billion GBP of extra borrowing. So the current policies of the Brexiters are mortgaged on the backs of future generations who will have to pay for them. Generations of Brits will pay for this Brexit government's policies.

This is exactly what Greece did. Give the people whatever they want so we can stay in power, regardless of whether we can afford it. THAT is populism.

We live NOW. On Credit. Let our children pay for it. It's utterly disgusting and despicable.

Will future generations of British youth hold their parents acountable? What will they say?

As for your absolutely mad and diabolical implication that WWII was a 'good' thing, it's beyond ignorance really. The USA will break up? The EU will break up. The virus will destroy China? How long did it take to build this fantasy world you live in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Would one of you guys please explain to the rest of us why you hate populism so much?

Populism is the natural reaction when a system such as capitalism becomes so far out of whack that it needs to be brought back in line. The last time populism was really a global movement was during the late 30's and early 40's. Coincidentally, that is also the last time when the wealthiest 0.1% owned as much as the poorest 90%. Populism is a reaction to a system that is hopelessly broken and deperately needs to be changed.

So, let me be the first to say, fantastic if Johnson is a populist. That means he is actually listening to the people telling him that changes are badly needed. It's those who aren't populists that scare me. The current situation is broken. If Brexit can make the EU wake up to the fact the status quo is a disaster, then I say more power to the populists pushing Brexit. The world needs change.  Previously when this happened, WWII destroyed the existing global economies and rebooted everything. I hope that this time around populists can force the change necessary peacefully and without the all the human casualties that occurred the last time.

You won't see me crying if the EU breaks up. And I'm already on record stating the USA is going to go the way of the USSR. It this virus can also destroy the rising power of China we'll have a perfect situation for a global reset. Go populists.

I got this!

We hate abuse of ordinary people by snake oil sellers.

We hate the boys who dipped our daughters and we have to pay the bill for the genes the populist spread. 

We really hate the abusive personalities. Why you don't?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Don't you think the budget which Mr. Sunak has unveiled is massively populist?

Tax cuts across the board which the UK can not afford and a massive triple digit billion pound extra borrowing end result?

Don't you think the Brexiters' mortgaging Britain's current policies on the back of future British generations is populist in the extreme?

But the tax cuts are offset by the VAT to be gained from WTO rules regarding trade with Europe. 

As always its the poorest in society which will shoulder the heaviest burden.

Old Reese Mogg and all his Etonian chums will go along quite nicely thank you.

And the Brexiteers cannot or will not see this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How was the bus a suggestion? It was channeling peoples love for the NHS. 

Maybe lying to the Queen about why he was shutting down parliament.

Maybe lying about the borders between Britain and Northern Ireland.

Maybe lying about having an affair.

Maybe lying about staying in the single market.

Maybe lying about how many kids he has.

Maybe why he was sacked from two jobs for, you guessed it, lying.

And thats just the stuff off the top of my head. I am pretty sure there will be far more if you goggle it.

Of course Boris Johnson lost three jobs due to his lying ways:

Boris Johnson was sacked from his job at The Times newspaper over allegations he fabricated a quote from his godfather, the historian Colin Lucas, for a front-page article about the discovery of Edward II’s Rose Palace.

After leaving the Times, Mr Johnson moved to The Daily Telegraph, working as the publication's Brussels correspondent between 1989 and 1994.

His articles, like those in several other Eurosceptic newspapers, contained many of the claims widely described as “Euromyths”, including plans to introduce same-size “eurocoffins”, establish a “banana police force” to regulate the shape of the curved yellow fruit, and ban prawn cocktail crisps.

Mr Johnson became editor of the Spectator in 1999 after telling owner Conrad Black, who was later convicted of fraud, that he would not pursue a political career. This promise was broken in 2001 when he won election as Conservative MP for Henley in Oxfordshire.

Three years later he was forced to apologise for an article in the magazine which blamed drunken Liverpool fans for the 1989 Hillsborough disaster and suggested that the people of the city were wallowing in their victim status.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html

Mr Johnson is a proven liar. But then lying is the new normal in modern politics. Helmut Schmidt, rest his soul, would turn in his grave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Yutes! ????

I think he means Jutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutes

The Jutes (/dʒuːts/), Iuti, or Iutæ were a Germanic people.[1] According to Bede,[2] the Jutes were one of the three most powerful Germanic peoples of their time in the Nordic Iron Age,[3][4] the other two being the Saxons and the Angles.[5][6]

The Jutes are believed to have originated from the Jutland Peninsula (called Iutum in Latin) and part of the North Frisian coast. In present times, the Jutlandic Peninsula consists of the mainland of Denmark and Southern Schleswig in Germany. North Frisia is also part of Germany.

The Jutes invaded and settled in southern Britain in the late fourth century during the Age of Migrations, as part of a larger wave of Germanic settlement in the British Isles.

That would have been some 1,700 years ago.

He is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Just now, billd766 said:

I think he means Jutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutes

The Jutes (/dʒuːts/), Iuti, or Iutæ were a Germanic people.[1] According to Bede,[2] the Jutes were one of the three most powerful Germanic peoples of their time in the Nordic Iron Age,[3][4] the other two being the Saxons and the Angles.[5][6]

The Jutes are believed to have originated from the Jutland Peninsula (called Iutum in Latin) and part of the North Frisian coast. In present times, the Jutlandic Peninsula consists of the mainland of Denmark and Southern Schleswig in Germany. North Frisia is also part of Germany.

The Jutes invaded and settled in southern Britain in the late fourth century during the Age of Migrations, as part of a larger wave of Germanic settlement in the British Isles.

That would have been some 1,700 years ago.

He is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Yeah England has been invaded and conquered a lot over the years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Before you continue to interfere with UK Politics , may I ask where you are from yourself ?

You may have a hidden agenda 

This is not permitted by TVF. The mods assume that we are all country neutral, but of course we are not.

Just now, Kwasaki said:

I give the remainers on there somemic they don't give up, very sad. ????

Oh we gave up after you voted for Johnson.

What we have not stopped doing is actually reminding you of what you really voted for.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sounds about right .

It doesn't seem to work for the SNP in Scotland though.

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

What we have not stopped doing is actually reminding you of what you really voted for.

Look to future the UK country had like a second referendum go BORIS.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote "

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What we have not stopped doing is actually reminding you of what you really voted for."

I know what I voted for when I voted to leave.

Sadly you have little idea why we Brexiteers voted the way that we did.

That is why you <deleted> are still crying.

Interesting. I thought you were the thoughtful one on the brexit side. I thought you were the one who hold the high ground of patriotism, by being ex serviceman for the country.

My assumptions of you were wrong. I'm sorry for both of us.

• Like 1