Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

"Lord Ashcroft's polling team questioned 12,369 people who had completed voting.[3] This poll produced data that showed that 'Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the European Union was "the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK"

Yes, I believe I mentioned it above, this belief that all decisions about the UK should be taken by British and not foreigners. It is very obviously another xenophobic anti-foreigner bias, just like the whole immigration 'control of borders' issue was anti-foreigner.

What decisions taken by the EU were not good for the UK? Buying 66 percent of British fish which the British didn't want to buy? Allowing UK services companies to sell their products EU wide?

Looking at this unbelievable Greek-Style bribery budget that will indebt future UK generations to come you should really delegate ALL your decision making to Europe. Much better for you.

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So with that, once again for you, it means the UK can make their own decisions on who they can trade with, how much food they can produce and how they can fish their own waters.

Except it doesn't, isn't the British fisheries industry pushing the UK government to ensure it has tariff free access to EU markets because it sells 66% of all its catch to EU countries?

Isn't the EU desperately trying to secure tariff free access to EU markets now in trade talks that will continue until the end of the year?

You're basically trying to trade with the same people, only on much worse terms.

How will Brexit benefit British fisherman who have to sell 66% of their catch to EU consumers? Do you really think you will sell your Herring to New Zealand instead? Trust me. You won't.

How free is a bird from the chains of the sky? You're not living in a vaccuum in the UK.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

How will Brexit benefit British fisherman who have to sell 66% of their catch to EU consumers? Do you really think you will sell your Herring to New Zealand instead? Trust me. You won't.

The UK Fisherman can still sell their catch to EU Countries .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I told you countless times Grouse as many did others and because you didn't like the answers you kept coming up with your racist and bigotry views that suit your believe, why people voted, which is not mine or many others.

From your own source.

"Lord Ashcroft's polling team questioned 12,369 people who had completed voting.[3] This poll produced data that showed that 'Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the European Union was "the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK"

So with that, once again for you, it means the UK can make their own decisions on who they can trade with, how much food they can produce and how they can fish their own waters.

So again you have been told but no doubt it is not an answer you will like, yet again.

This is not Grouse.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

As Brits are rather proud, having a high self-esteem,

mostly based on their past;

it is quite understandable that a lot want to be independent.

Not being a part of a group, and certainly not one where they don't have the leading role.

They are prepare to possibly having to pay a high price for this independence.

Yes you are quite correct, my wife and myself like to make decisions that affect our house and not have our neighbour from across the road making our decisions for us, the Brits are funny that way.

As for having to pay to be part of a group and the leader of that group telling us what rules to follow and when we say that we would like to leave that group the rest of the group rallies around and starts making snide remarks about us, surely that is a good enough reason to depart that group. But there is still no reason why we still cannot swap our carrots for your turnips.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sure you can. After a great whopping tariff is placed on them and quarantine checks are made. Assuming that those fish are included in the tariff schedual. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It's not that they can.

They have to. They have no other choice. They will not sell 66% of their herring to New Zealand, Australia, Canada or Jamaica. They have no other choice but to sell it to the EU.

So if the UK does not play nice with the EU and agrees to abide by EU rules and laws, the EU will impose tariffs on British fish. And the British fishermen will just pay these tariffs, true, because they have no other choice.

This is not better than the status quo whereby the British could sell fish free of tariffs, without any problems whatsoever as full members of the EU.

And the fishermen will be one of many loser sectors that willl suffer from Brexit. Name me which sectors will benefit from Brexit? Which will benefit?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Not being a part of a group, and certainly not one where they don't have the leading role.

Prepared for everything..and that is getting out of eu on time,set in law 9 more months,and just in time . The eu ,especially italy will be bankrupt after 19 virus,IMF not helping nor are eu,cannot even set a budget and the pressure grows,never mind eh   UK out of it,not a penny donated to eu rescue funding

History now the eu to the UK,better throwing its lot to US ,let the French blockade the ports and riot,good for them, the GDP holding up nicely (baht) amongst the irash doomster warnings  lol,if anything about to be booted into the mire its  most definitely eire

jealousy here,just a bunch of jealous jackals following each others comments,pathetic really,must be sat down all day researching /copy and pasting,while "Im alright Jack" is alive and well,or most of us anyway,escaping the virus in hot sunshine

It's not that they can.

They have to. They have no other choice. They will not sell 66% of their herring to New Zealand, Australia, Canada or Jamaica. They have no other choice but to sell it to the EU.

So if the UK does not play nice with the EU and agrees to abide by EU rules and laws, the EU will impose tariffs on British fish. And the British fishermen will just pay these tariffs, true, because they have no other choice.

This is not better than the status quo whereby the British could sell fish free of tariffs, without any problems whatsoever as full members of the EU.Incorr

And the fishermen will be one of many loser sectors that willl suffer from Brexit. Name me which sectors will benefit from Brexit? Which will benefit?

Incorrect There nothing stopping the UK fishermen selling their products to the UK, and if there a particular fish that the UK not keen on , nothing stopping someone buying them freezing them and selling them to non eu countries

Maybe they haven't heard of freezers in the EU

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Yes you are quite correct, my wife and myself like to make decisions that affect our house and not have our neighbour from across the road making our decisions for us, the Brits are funny that way.

Not funny at all in my opinion.

Now when I lived in Belgium, we were a few neighbors together who bought our house fuel at the same supplier in order to get a better price.

The decisions,

which supplier, when, at what price was taken by us all, 

this wasn't always the choice I was favoring, but that's something I could live with, being mostly happy with the end result. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

But when your neighbour renovates your holiday house in Wales you don't mind so much?

When your neighbour buys 66% of the fish you catch you're okay with that?

When your neighbour allows you to sell your services in his house you're okay with that? 

But you don't want to follow the rules everyone else follows and has agreed?

You think you know better? Well let's see how long you can re-mortgage your house and how long the creditors will stay quiet when you keep re-mortgaging your house?

• Like 2

But when your neighbour renovates your holiday house in Wales you don't mind so much?

When your neighbour allows you to sell your services in his house you're okay with that? 

You think you know better? Well let's see how long you can re-mortgage your house and how long the creditors will stay quiet when you keep re-mortgaging your house?

But when your neighbour renovates your holiday house in Wales you don't mind so much? and where does the money come from it doesn't come from the neighbour it come from the holiday owner own pocket

and the neighbour isn't forced to buy fish if they want they can buy nothing 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Incorrect There nothing stopping the UK fishermen selling their products to the UK, and if there a particular fish that the UK not keen on , nothing stopping someone buying them freezing them and selling them to non eu countries

Maybe they haven't heard of freezers in the EU

I'm afraid there is. You see the UK does not want the fish British fisherman catch. The British don't like Herring. That's why British fishermen sell 66% of all their fish in the EU.

As for freezing the Herring and selling it in other non-eu countries you may want to float this master plan with the British fisheries industry that is pushing the UK government to ensure tariff free access to EU markets. I'm sure they haven't thought of that. 

You could be the saviour of a whole industry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Now when I lived in Belgium, we were a few neighbors together who bought our house fuel at the same supplier in order to get a better price.

The decisions,

this wasn't always the choice I was favoring, but that's something I could live with, being mostly happy with the end result. 

Great idea, let's say there were 28 neighbours who shared this fuel consortium and let's say only 5 or so paid for this fuel and some of the neighbours were given it free, and here's the rub, some of the neighbours were actually paid for using this free fuel they were given, I am sure after a while some of the neighbours would start to think 'am I being taken for a lemon here'

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

UKs fish better kept in UKs waters then,why let the eu take anything. eu in deeper troubles that the UK will ever be,fact is the 19 virus  italy financial problems coming apparent,wanting massive bail-outs,plus other eu countries Id say the UK is sitting pretty,damned pretty   wot says u ?  lol

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The decisions,

The UK was in the EU and we paid them 350 Million a week in order for them to tell us what to do 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Except they're not independent are they?

Their UK fishermen will still depend on the EU buying almost all the fish UK fisherman catch.

Their financial industry keeps sending begging letters to Barnier to clarify already if equivalence will work because the UK's financial industry depends on passporting rights.

Their football teams will still depend on fielding 98% foreign players (and still losing to Leipzig which as a team costs 200 million pound less than Tottenham) and the money of Sheikhs.

How independent is the UK now really? Is the UK independent of all the foreign banks that make the City what it is?

Is the UK independent of foreign markets? 

Is the UK independent from creditors who finance UK pensions year after year by buying UK government bonds year after year?

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

As for having to pay to be part of a group and the leader of that group telling us what rules to follow and when we say that we would like to leave that group the rest of the group rallies around and starts making snide remarks about us, surely that is a good enough reason to depart that group.

To pay to be part of a group and by this receiving rewards is quite normal. 
Now if one consider that the rewards don't surpass the fees, one can leave the group.

That one consider remarks as being mocking is an interpretation one feel, and thus personal, not necessarily shared by everyone.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'm afraid there is. You see the UK does not want the fish British fisherman catch. The British don't like Herring. That's why British fishermen sell 66% of all their fish in the EU.

We need to encourage Cod to breed in our waters . try to get the Herrings to swim to Sweden of their own accord and leave the waters for Cod to live 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The UK was in the EU and we paid them 350 Million a week in order for them to tell us what to do 

And now you're out and they're still telling you what to do. Except now you don't get free access to markets.

And will pay the same amount in tariffs as you paid in EU membership.

What did you win?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We need to encourage Cod to breed in our waters . try to get the Herrings to swim to Sweden of their own accord and leave the waters for Cod to live 

Next you’ll be wanting the trout to jump on your plate to save you the hassle of fishing for them....

• Like 1

And now you're out and they're still telling you what to do. Except now you don't get free access to markets.

What did you win?

Out of it,staying out as well.  Ive sent some of your quotes to other institutions ,see if I can get a quote from them,first reaction from one is " mental"  ,but the fact you put so much time and effort attempting to influence a world wide audience of how many in this thread 10? at the most,yeah right,lol    UK out of eu,and staying out,no amount of quotations from Lord or Lord that, Boris has massive majority and will do as he says    Good one Boris

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I really don't know how much Belgium is paying, however I know that the E.U. can not and don't tell Belgium what to do.

There may be things they impose but that the man in the street are not aware of and certainly don't feel.

Belgium is still issuing laws and regulations proper to its citizens, laws and regulations every man in the street is aware of and feel.

2% pension increase starting this month is one of them.

I suppose some will pretend that I show off by mentioning this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

What did you win?

Blue passport printed and bought in E.U....?????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

To pay to be part of a group and by this receiving rewards is quite normal. 
Now if one consider that the rewards don't surpass the fees, one can leave the group.

That one consider remarks as being mocking is an interpretation one feel, and thus personal, not necessarily shared by everyone.  

I rest my case, no further questions m'lud.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Blue passport printed and bought in E.U....?????

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Great idea, let's say there were 28 neighbours who shared this fuel consortium and let's say only 5 or so paid for this fuel and some of the neighbours were given it free, and here's the rub, some of the neighbours were actually paid for using this free fuel they were given, I am sure after a while some of the neighbours would start to think 'am I being taken for a lemon here'

That will be unfair, 

even if not true, if one has the perception to be handled unfairly, that is a reason enough to leave.

Of course there is also the possibility one makes things up in order to try to justify their decision to leave.

Not mentioning at all what the real reasons are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

That will be unfair, 

even if not true, if one has the perception to be handled unfairly, that is a reason enough to leave.

Of course there is also the possibility one makes things up in order to try to justify their decision to leave.

What were the "real reasons" then ?

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

That will be unfair, 

There is only one defining word and that word being 'Democracy' thankfully democracy is alive and kicking in the UK.