Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

This wonderful report is another skewed pro EU whitewash. Yes, very careful analysis, so that there is no detail of similar effects of Brexit on the EU.

They’re lucky that they are part of a community that stands together to share the pain and support each other.

Oh, if only the UK had such friends and neighbours!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Because they are pro EU and don't want to put out any of their guesswork to cover both sides of the story.

What's the point of a BS report like this is they don't compare and contrast? Where it was done has no bearing. It's under then UN banner. It's nothing to do with your Swiss, securities, cheese or chocolate. 

I believe the point was to analyse the impact of Brexit ON THE UK. IT SAYS SO ON THE TIN!

It was done in Geneva and has nothing to do with the Swiss? But the swiss did it! An agency in Geneva...

The Swiss are pro-Eu? They hate the Germans!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I believe the point was to analyse the impact of Brexit ON THE UK. IT SAYS SO ON THE TIN!

It was done in Geneva and has nothing to do with the Swiss? But the swiss did it! An agency in Geneva...

The Swiss are pro-Eu? They hate the Germans!

My point was why only one tin?

If your view that the Swiss are so down on the Germans is true, then we should be able to see what they say about them too then. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

This wonderful report is another skewed pro EU whitewash. Yes, very careful analysis, so that there is no detail of similar effects of Brexit on the EU.

Why not link a report which demonstrates Brexit is going to be great for the economy of the Uk?

Now we need a link to an utterly impartial non aligned group. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Why not link a report which demonstrates Brexit is going to be great for the economy of the Uk?

I am sure Brexit will do for the UK economy what COVID-19 has done for global warming.

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Pot calling...I can't remember you ever having supplied any decent links to anything, so why not catch up a bit first before demanding same? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I am sure Brexit will do for the UK economy what COVID-19 has done for global warming.

Actually an analysis of global climatic data during this pandemic period will be rather interesting to see.

i know that's far off topic but so is nearly everything else on here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Pot calling...I can't remember you ever having supplied any decent links to anything, so why not catch up a bit first before demanding same? 

I provide many links now please reciprocate and provide one yourself backing up your argument.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

just go through the pubished material leading up to the referendum

and you will find references to tons of reports with content like that

tons and tonnes and loads

true or not? who knows

brexiteers and remainers and rejoiners and barstool occupants are same same, no crystal ball

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Before the referendum the vote leave campaign was telling everyone we would remain in the single market and customs union.

After the vote that was called BRINO and rejected by the hard line Brexit fundamentalists so we have now ended up with a no deal Brexit.

Why does the government not publish its own trade risk assessment? 

Oh its because the results are hideous and they dont want people to know.

Along with the Russiagate inquiry. 

Image result for Links

please

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Why would you even care how Brexit affects the EU? You're British?

Oh the Swiss absolutely loathe Germans. Firstly they can't speak the language and are embarassed how they speak German, so they resent Germans for that. Then Germans are like the Poles in the UK, taking all the jobs. And the Swiss see themselves as the better Germans, and in some ways they are. Like the Germans of old. But then they don't like any foreigners really. Partly because they're they country that has granted the most asylum to them. Many people don't know this, but if you go to Zurich it's full of migrants. 

So why do you care how Brexit affects the UK? You're German?

I have several quite pleasant Swiss friends who don't seem too worried about any minute lapses in their German language skills. All depends on what part of the country they come from, I assume. Most of them speak at least four languages anyway. Better than speaking just one perfectly IMOHO.

Immigrants in Zurich and Switzerland, yes I know but most are from the EU. Zurich has many but is not full of them. Geneva more, I think.  

Edited by nauseus

30 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Oh the Swiss absolutely loathe Germans. Firstly they can't speak the language and are embarassed how they speak German, so they resent Germans for that. Then Germans are like the Poles in the UK, taking all the jobs. And the Swiss see themselves as the better Germans, and in some ways they are. Like the Germans of old. But then they don't like any foreigners really. Partly because they're they country that has granted the most asylum to them. Many people don't know this, but if you go to Zurich it's full of migrants. 

and Geneva

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

jeez man, its only 3 pm foggy island time and your pssied already?

as far as I remember the vote as such was never referred to as Brino but always as Brexit,

it was the result of T May endeavours that got the chu lek Brino.

you have NOT ended up with a no deal Brexit,

your government is presently discussing possible deal arrangements with EU,

may result in something useful or maybe not, remains to be seen

right now you have Brino-deal

first opportunity for Brexit-deal and Brexit-nodeal will surface Xmas time.

so,

calm down and stay tuned, more shety to follow

Ah you either didnt watch or understand the video I posted.

No problem.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah you either didnt watch or understand the video I posted.

No problem.

I just watched it now, two comments

1 - cannot see that it makes any difference re my entry above

2- the video actors, Farage included, are not well informed

UKers are a bit like USAers knowledge about this and that outside island waters

could have been better

Edited by melvinmelvin

42 minutes ago, Logosone said:

you were told previous page this thread is about FISHING, not putting up your more than gormless quotes...see if I can get it removed   lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But you knew that didnt you.

Now post a link to a report from a reputable source saying Brexit will be good for the UK.

This has been offered before and is a fudge by People's Vote. The EEA option was discussed as a possibility initially but these interviews are not from the time of the official leave campaign - most of these snippets were recorded much earlier. Access to the single market was preferred but of course the EU don't want to let us have that because the UK will not now accept their "four pillars", which would really mean not leaving the EU at all.

You have to remember that the Brexit vote had little to do with economics but, if you like The Guardian, I was surprised to find this recent, fairly upbeat article, which highlights some of the possible benefits of Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/31/why-brexit-is-chance-to-fix-uk-economy-long-term-problems 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But you knew that didnt you.

Now post a link to a report from a reputable source saying Brexit will be good for the UK.

It will be great. Apart from the economy, everything will be better; particularly the blue passports.

Your average householder, your small businessman, will be able to buy cheaper products that don’t have to comply with over-zealous European standards that we helped develop, and we will be able to bring in labour from Africa, or the Far East.

How could it not be a bonanza for anyone, except perhaps the working man or industrialists with customers in Europe?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So why do you care how Brexit affects the UK? You're German?

I have several quite pleasant Swiss friends who don't seem too worried about any minute lapses in their German language skills. All depends on what part of the country they come from, I assume. Most of them speak at least four languages anyway. Better than speaking just one perfectly IMOHO.

Immigrants in Zurich and Switzerland, yes I know but most are from the EU. Zurich has many but is not full of them. Geneva more, I think.  

Because you're my cousin.

Of course they won't let on, it's not something they talk about. You're right, of course I refer to the German speaking Swiss.

I don't think the Swiss Germans are that hot in French, and the French that hot in German.

Yes, most from EU but also many arabs and africans, Zurich park is fully loaded. 

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

This has been offered before and is a fudge by People's Vote. The EEA option was discussed as a possibility initially but these interviews are not from the time of the official leave campaign - most of these snippets were recorded much earlier. Access to the single market was preferred but of course the EU don't want to let us have that because the UK will not now accept their "four pillars", which would really mean not leaving the EU at all.

You have to remember that the Brexit vote had little to do with economics but, if you like The Guardian, I was surprised to find this recent, fairly upbeat article, which highlights some of the possible benefits of Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/31/why-brexit-is-chance-to-fix-uk-economy-long-term-problems 

The problem with trying to rewrite history is that you have to wait till everyone who was there at the time is dead.

You know full well that the leave campaign was adamant we would be staying in the single market.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/29/what-vote-leave-leaders-really-said-about-no-deal-brexit

_89664825_boris_pasty_quote.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The problem with trying to rewrite history is that you have to wait till everyone who was there at the time is dead.

You know full well that the leave campaign was adamant we would be staying in the single market.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/29/what-vote-leave-leaders-really-said-about-no-deal-brexit

_89664825_boris_pasty_quote.gif

Post reported, nothing to do with main thread  lol

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

Because you're my cousin.

Of course they won't let on, it's not something they talk about. You're right, of course I refer to the German speaking Swiss.

I don't think the Swiss Germans are that hot in French, and the French that hot in German.

Yes, most from EU but also many arabs and africans, Zurich park is fully loaded. 

Post reported,nothing to do with main thread    spewing out gormless quotes is your mainstay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1