Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

Oh my! How the analytical thinkers on this forum who base their writings on data can be so overwhelming to the likes of Brexiteers. 

This is fun to watch as well as it's good time to educate one of different points of views. Coming from different parts of the Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

To give me a contrast to you beguiling of the UK, you obviously come from, or reside in a country that has done everything right, which country is that....?

haven'tyou guessed?

Its Wonderland, where else.

I just checked with Alice, it is just outside Kansas City.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Let us spare a thought for UK Health minister Nadine Dorries who contracted.....coronavirus.

Ostensibly at a government event hosted by the Prime Minister.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356

hmm, hosted by PM?

sizeable part of the cabinet infected would be smth

might spot a possible Brino prolongation here

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

Except that's not the basis for predicting the UK will have major economic difficulties. Rather one need only look at the economy of the UK as a whole. One of the most indebted in the world, giant trade deficit, manufacturing base shrinking every year and now down to 20% of the economy, second largest oil sector in the EU and oil prices set to languish in lower ends for years to come when hundreds of thousands of jobs in the UK depend on the oil and gas sector, 1.7 trillion of assets leaving the city, more yet to leave....

I mean these are all facts. It is a question of looking at the UK economy as a whole and its dismal performance as a whole over the long term.

When you then add in that the UK and EU are on a path of less co-operation rather than more, less access to EU markets rather than more, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the UK economy will continue its downward slide.

We know quite a bit about the dependence of UK fishermen on EU marktes, and also the dependence of many other UK industries on EU markets, prime among them the financial sector.

The chances of the UK economy 'prospering' are zero. It's just a question of how bad will the decline be, how fast will it progress.

It's kinda childish to close your eyes to reality.

Your reality survives only on your own small world. Have fun in there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

Boris may well be in office for a long time. Good for him. Not so good for the UK economy.

Inevitably the electorate is exhausted now from Brexit politics. However, after Boris has had his run, when it becomes clear that the UK economy is doing worse than whilst in the EU people will hand the Tories the bill for their broken promises. When it becomes clear that Brexit will not ring in a golden age of economic prosperity, but on the contrary a time of even greater economic decline and hardship you can't blame the British electorate for looking to Labour, who will campaign on a platform of re-joining the EU. Because they know half of the electorate wanted to be in Europe at the time of the last Brexit referendum, and  after years of economic decline there will be excellent chance the number of people who want to rejoin outnumber the Brexiters.

So Labour will offer the option to rejoin Europe and at some point, eventually, they will get in.

Sounds just like Ian Blackford.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Most of the oil is in Scotlands territorial waters.

Only thing left to privatise  is the NHS.

But you need to remember THIS is what Brexiteers wanted because they knew what they were voting for. They have told us that many, many times in the past.

All of it is in ????????'s waters.

(Lets not have another ???????????????????????????? hi-jacking!)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Oh yes, I quite agree, the malicious and hypocritical dangling of the EU carrot before Turkish eyes was a total waste of money and time, and very dangerous and counter productive.

Thankfully, you the British, are not like the Turks. You are like us, Angles, Saxons, Yutes. Well, maybe a little more violent and hot-headed. Those charming native Picts and Welsh maybe. But your genius is only negligibly below ours, you are, after all, our descendants. We gave you your country and language. So we would no doubt not make you wait as long as as the Turks, and would most likely be serious about integrating you in the European family. Personally I'd put in a good word for you, after all I do appreciate your common sense.

Even if you need to be subsidised by the EU taxpayer, we're doing it with Greece, why not with our British cousins?

Yutes! ????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Britain’s economy failed to grow in the last few months, showing it was weak even before the coronavirus struck.

GDP was flat in January, according to new data from the Office for National Statistics.

It was also flat in the November-January quarter - weaker than expected, and dashing hopes that the economy enjoyed a bounce after December’s general election.

The ONS says that Britain’s dominant services sector was flat in the three months to January 2020, while production contracted by 1.0%. Construction (a small part of the economy) grew by 1.4%.

Gawd. What about the other great EU economies. How were they doing??????? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Once Boris and his fellow failed journalists have to govern, during some of the most challenging economic times in the near future, the failure of all the Brexiter's promises will be clear.

The promises of golden shores due to Brexit, they were nothing but lies or wishful thinking at best. Foolish dreams.

They will lose by winning. How poetic.

Best part is that the Irish will get to watch the English suffering a famine ????

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No need to get so critical. W did OK. All empires eventually collapse.

Yes, but I'm not just talking of empire. I'm talking about the number one spot in world economics which the UK has lost. About all the lost opportunities the UK has had, post-empire.

A north sea oil windfall but no sovereign wealth fund? How could your leaders not think of that? Norway's did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Let us hope the 'good' Britain, the deep minds, those of open mind, the capable Britons, will free themselves of this yoke of petty nationalists. Britain would be the better for it. It can return to the fold of European nations who will shape the future.

Before you continue to interfere with UK Politics , may I ask where you are from yourself ?

You may have a hidden agenda 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

LOL! Did you just wrote that out to be read by virtually everybody?

Funny one.

Boris has announced numerous new investments  and policies since winning the G.E.

He also is carrying out Brexit , like he promised to do BEFORE the election (if he got elected)

Surely that makes him not a populist ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Boris has announced numerous new investments  and policies since winning the G.E.

He also is carrying out Brexit , like he promised to do BEFORE the election (if he got elected)

Surely that makes him not a populist ?

Johnson is nothing but a populist. All he ever had was sound bites and slogans. It was the politics of the dog whistle. He is also bone idle and has the attention span of a goldfish. Thats why the unelected Dominic Cummings is running number 10.

• Thanks 2

Seeing the U.K. budget rolled out I understood straight the needed move for cutting rates drastic ...as U.K. heading to booming borrowing for next 5years for sure , I wonder how the rating agencies go react on this …?

Wait for tomorrow newspapers analyst graphics and you shall agree with my today's opinion , and when I say booming borrowing ...that is almost an understatement 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Farages one and only aim was to get the UK out the EU

That was his sole reason for existing (in politics)

Does that make him a populist ?

Farage is a total conman. He is a front for people who wanted to make money shorting the pound and using offshore tax havens. He has also made a healthy living from being a MEP and has insisted he keeps his pension from said organisation. 

Why did he not pay back the people who joined his Brexit company and paid money to be candidates only for him to cancel their seats?

• Like 2