Thailand's roads: The carnage continues as 1,262 perish in February - year's total already 2,650 deaths

webfact

Thailand's roads: The carnage continues as 1,262 perish in February - year's total already 2,650 deaths

3pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that 32 people died in road accidents in Thailand on Saturday. They cautioned that this low number will rise as not all jurisdictions report at the weekend. 

The death toll for February was officially 1,262 making the total for the year to date 2,650. 

Thaivisa notes that these are just deaths at the scene of accidents; when those who die on the way and at hospitals are added the carnage is much worse.

Senior officials have stated that the death toll annually is in excess of 20,000 and possibly as high as 26,000. 

Daily News report the figures every day along with a timely warning. 

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Their latest advice was to drive slowly in the dark. 

This came after a Ford Ranger pick-up plowed into a house on a dark road in Petchabun.

They said that the driver, who was only slightly hurt, was not familiar with the road that was poorly lit. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-03
  • Sad 3

"Just the flu" !

Ah sorry.... my mistake.... wrong thread.

????

Tell me how do you "catch" a car accident ?

I'm curious.

If I wear a mask, I'm okay ? And there is a vaccine against car accidents ?

Unfortunately... there is no vaccine against... euh... you know....

5 hours ago, docspinoff said:

Most of these accidents could be avoided if the police did their jobs. Most cars and bikes would not even be able to be on the roads. As for the person who ploughed through a house could not be driving to the conditions of the roads. As the test is a joke.... 

who do you blame? Who is in charge of the RTP? Junta!

3 hours ago, Seagull Sam said:

Have you ever visited India?

It is scary there

Had a holiday in the famous old Portugese area. On the last day a bunch of taxis turned up to get us back to the airport.

All was fine, easy convoy until one taxi 'driver' decided to overtake the taxi in front.

It turned into worse than than the Wacky Races.

21 hours ago, docspinoff said:

Most of these accidents could be avoided if the police did their jobs.

I disagree, I have never depended on the police to make me a safe driver! Till local road users use even part of the small brains they possess, and from my observations, this is difficult to expect, the carnage will continue! Self preservation seems to be non existent!

• Like 1

It is hard to pitty a nation of law breakers with care-free, cannot wait my turn, do what I want, fxxk you I am first attitude that are mainly inconsiderate and lacking in respect.

So much for the humble nature they portray Thai to be, when in truth, Thai are very aggressive.

Just consider the recent attack by three Thai motorbike taxi drivers on ONE male Thai, simply for doing his job! 

There are the few good Thai road users, but they are few and far between and usually ending up the victims of the mass idiots.

Paradise!????

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Driving in Pattaya the other day ,in a Q ,and hit up the back by an idiot on a motorbike with sidecar ,,actually the sidecar hit me , did he stop ,did he f---k just raced off down the road on the wrong side to get away , 

did you get number ??

Bet there was NOT one on the back of it !!

17 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Come on Thailand.  We made Number 1 most polluted city.  We can try harder on the roads to get Number 1 road carnage as well!. ????

Who's number one? Libya? They might cheat and include the victims of roadside bombings to steal the crown from Thailand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, evadgib said:

Addressing the number of idiots driving with no lights would be a good start, & then there's the annual drink/drive contest next month...

I go out two nights a week.  I see about twenty bikes with no lights & have had near misses on poorly lit roads (about 80%).  I have NEVER seen a cop after dark.  Chonburi is the 2nd worst county in Thailand for road deaths yet Pattaya police persist in bandit stops causing long tailbacks during rush-hour.  They are a National Disgrace.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mickey rat said:

No helmets required for unlicenced children drivers going to and from school might also be a nice place to start. 3, 4 and 5 per bike and the police and teachers waving them on with a smile. ????????

And the child in front of the driver with a speed of 70km/hour. Can you imagine?

Sometimes I think they missing a gen in there brains.