Anutin changes tack: Health minister who blamed farang says masks are not necessary after all

webfact

48 minutes ago, sungod said:

The guy is a dick, first of all when there were no masks he said they were not necessary.

He then got his hands on some for a photo shoot, and said they were.

The masks have run out and now they are not necessary again.

Can anyone see the pattern here?

at least he did defer answering one point: 

"

Asked if it could actually be detrimental to wear masks he told Thai Rath that is a question for the infectious diseases department." [quote]

"He stressed that frequent hand mouth washing and avoiding large gatherings foul racist language was important [for him] at this time."

I commend Mr. Anutin for his accomplishment to actually having educated himself about the importance (or in this case, non-importance) of wearing face masks... although it took him several weeks to get to it.

However, I very much doubt that he will succeed in also correcting his thinly veiled racist attitude and apparently deeply ingrained xenophobia. To achieve that, one actually must be willing to reflect on oneself, admit to one's mistakes and change one's mindset; a near-impossibility for a man of his seemingly limited cognitive capabilities.

Let's imagine he immediately would have pulled through with his threat and had scores of "ai farang" kicked out of the country, only to later admit that wearing face masks was not imperatively necessary. THAT, dear ladies and gentlemen, would've been the political blunder of the year. Which means something in a country that overflows with political blunders!  

46 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Is he doing it best? .... what happened to the grow 6 plant law? and where are all the fat buds in the dispensaries?

I agree. Maybe that the fact that I got my legal cannabis tincture clouded my mind. However, it's still way ahead than all neighbouring countries. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I agree. Maybe that the fact that I got my legal cannabis tincture clouded my mind. However, it's still way ahead than all neighbouring countries. 

Not sure I trust the tinctures and I just wish they'd hurry up so I can get some flowers on the go. . Its the silence thats killing me, I want daily announcements to know where we're at! 

I do agree that atleast it's moving in the right direction

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile in other related news Thailand has appealed to the Chinese for medications to fight Covid-19. 

Anutin claimed Thailand had enough so long as there was not a large escalation but representations had been made through the Charge D'Affaires in Thailand for medicines available in China that are not yet licenced for sale outside China.

The minister said that this had received a favorable response.

First Thailand was begging China for more water...

Now they're begging for more medicines....

Seems like there's a whole lot of beggin' going on....

• Like 2

This guy is the proof that members of Thai government are not qualified and never had to qualify for anything. Being a crook or criminal is qualification enough to fulfill the requirements. No expertise in any field needed.

I assume Anutin asked one of his many farang friends what is most suitable to fight covid-19. That explains his u-turn stance.

9 minutes ago, CLS said:

This guy is the proof that members of Thai government are not qualified and never had to qualify for anything. Being a crook or criminal is qualification enough to fulfill the requirements. No expertise in any field needed.

I assume Anutin asked one of his many farang friends what is most suitable to fight covid-19. That explains his u-turn stance.

That,s politics anywhere people's votes are all the qualifications one needs.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Anytime this moron opens his mouth my disbelieving head shaking comes closer to a serious whiplash injury.

Other countries would lock a guy like that away in a madhouse, in Thailand they make him a health minister.

Inmates running the asylum???   :cheesy:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's under fire health minister Anutin Charvirakul has changed his mind on the use of masks. 

This BS shooter changes his opinion according to the wind, HE IS A FLAG ...
Everyone talks about face loss in cases like these, especially in Thailand, he doesn't care.
Bravo Anutin, your fans begin to "admire" you!