Anutin changes tack: Health minister who blamed farang says masks are not necessary after all

webfact

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

* bad to say ai farang. But he just talk about two people.

Surprise so many care what he say. Everyday TVF criticism Thai people. But angry if thai criticism the farang?

Very bad to say ai farang to the gathered media. Don't know any TVF members that are the deputy prime minister of Thailand. He said it about all farangs not just 2. Insulting fat moron with the same IQ as my shoe size.

I'm surprised that you haven't given us the real reason why Covid-19 infections have remained so low in Thailand but soared in Italy, Korea and Singapore. What don't the Thai people do that those countries do?

Shake hands. Hug when meeting in the street. To all farangs: stop shaking hands, stop hugging, no personal contact and it will all go away.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

1. He just spoke out what many members of the so called "elite" think.

2. The genious general needs his and his party's votes to stay in power until the next coup.

if imran khan can keep his job anutin is an angel comparatively.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Very bad to say ai farang to the gathered media

I agree. 

But understand why he angry this two farang. Some country ban the foreigner entry, he just ask them to where a mask for safety.

If I go to England, and Boris ask me, I will do it for respect other people. 

But not worry about what Anutin say Danny. He not important for you, not important for me.

i not care, if you not care same = no problem! Is only problem if you care.

????

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

1. He just spoke out what many members of the so called "elite" think.

2. The genious general needs his and his party's votes to stay in power until the next coup.

he never be the general. Anutin not army guy.

He join together with Prayut AFTER the election.

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I agree. 

But understand why he angry this two farang. Some country ban the foreigner entry, he just ask them to where a mask for safety.

If I go to England, and Boris ask me, I will do it for respect other people. 

But not worry about what Anutin say Danny. He not important for you, not important for me.

i not care, if you not care same = no problem! Is only problem if you care.

????

"If I go to England, and Boris ask me, I will do it for respect of other people." 

You sound as smart as Anutin. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

"He stressed that Thai produced medicines were effective and stocks in the kingdom were sufficient for now."

What thai produced medicines is he talking about? Paracetamol? 

Is mix HIV and flu medicine.

is not “vaccine” but most people in Thailand have coronavirus now ok.

Help them recover, not die.

19 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Apparently there is a cabinet reshuffle coming up, fingers crossed he gets the inactive twiddle thumbs job, unfortunately I heard he has powerful friends so that ain't gonna happen. ????

It's all in the name mate........ Little bit of blue in there........ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Is there no end to the amount of Verbal Diarrhoea that this guy can talk.

Most village Thais, believe his every word .

They are afraid of official's , and uniforms .. 

Edited by elliss

6 hours ago, nikmar said:

As my old man used to say .... "Better remain silent and people only suspect you are stupid, rather than open your mouth and convince people you dont know what you are either doing or talking about!"

I prefer the original quote.

I'd found his remarks personally offensive.

Not only that but myself and my wife have been trying to buy masks to appease the MRT, BTS requests. None to be found in central Bangkok. No alcohol either. That's a real fail on the government's part especially calling for masks to be worn.

Now, thru real science and US surgeon general masks uneccessary. Further the USSG tweeted - stop buying masks!!!!

We found our masks. Wife purchased at work which purchased from mask hoarding mafia. 50/800b

Government is absolutely hopeless. They really need people with education and progressive thinking especially in times like this. It's abdundantly clear how out if their depth each politico is. The country is governed same way it was in 1920.

Edited by Number 6

6 hours ago, sungod said:

The guy is a dick, first of all when there were no masks he said they were not necessary.

He then got his hands on some for a photo shoot, and said they were.

The masks have run out and now they are not necessary again.

Can anyone see the pattern here?

He has been repeatedly quoted as saying, "We are doing the best that we can" which raises the question of exactly which collective is he speaking for? I would hope that the real, trained medical experts in Thailand are indeed doing the best that they can despite this unqualified, flapping gobshyte.

I've been in Melbourne, Australia, for 2 weeks and returned to Thailand yesterday.

In Australia no one was wearing a mask (except for some Asian people) and the advice is not to wear a mask unless you have a cold or flu and want to try and minimise the spread. People wearing masks are assumed to be sick and are to be avoided (also in case they might have the beginnings of the new virus, but are yet to be tested).

• Thanks 1