Tourists on Walking Street given hand sanitiser in bid to boost confidence among foreigners in Pattaya

webfact

Tourists on Walking Street given hand sanitiser in bid to boost confidence among foreigners in Pattaya

S.jpg

File photo

Tourists visiting Pattaya’s famous Walking Street on Tuesday were given a free spray of hand sanitiser.

Officers from Pattaya’s Special Affairs Department were handing out the hand sanitizer between 7pm and 4am, according to a post on the Pattaya Law Enforcement Facebook page.

The measure is one of a number of moves undertaken by officials in Pattaya to help boost confidence amongst foreigners in the city regarding COVID-19.

87173349_857673064697280_8666721430362128384_o.jpg

On Sunday, parts of the city, including Walking Street and Bali Hai Pier were sprayed with disinfectant by teams of officers from the local municipality.

The official advice for foreigners in Thailand is to practice good hygiene by regular washing their hands, using an alcohol based hand sanitizer and wearing a face mask.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-04
  • Haha 1

Honesty, I would avoid that area all together. Too many of the great  unwashed visit that street. I can't see them wanting to participate with the community  free hand outs, all things considered. 

Edited by Ian Nagle
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The only difference is that Aids is dangerous

And so, catching a highly infectious virus from which there is no vaccine and a high death rate is not dangerous? Good on ya! Hope you have a will. Where there is a Will, there’s always a family fighting over it. 

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I always carry those very small bottles of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and 70% alcohol when on Sox 6.

and I don't drink it.  

if you don't drink then what are you doing on Soi 6?  :cheesy:

On 3/4/2020 at 3:03 PM, Brickbat said:

And so, catching a highly infectious virus from which there is no vaccine and a high death rate is not dangerous? Good on ya! Hope you have a will. Where there is a Will, there’s always a family fighting over it. 

Please clarify this high death rate of which you speak. 

3 hours ago, rott said:

Please clarify this high death rate of which you speak. 

It rages through a nursing home in Seattle and 11 of the 18 folks die from this virus. Good enough ? I mean, Govts are spending billions to contain it. Go figure! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

It rages through a nursing home in Seattle and 11 of the 18 folks die from this virus. Good enough ? I mean, Govts are spending billions to contain it. Go figure! 

This is the age group that most deaths have come from. 

Governments are spending money as they are worried about a mutation.