what medication for covid 19?

Orton Rd

On 3/6/2020 at 2:17 PM, Orton Rd said:

Chloroquinine phosphate

Vit C 1000mg

Melatonin

fah talai jone

tramodol

When I read this, then I got really sad. Poor sod, I thought.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, Orton Rd said:

Don't forget a copious supply of whiskey as well, Dewars white label I think.

Then I read this a little bit later down the thread. I just guess, that you might be on to something anyway. That´s the way to go, man!

I have been self medicating since the 15th of january, and still going strong. I can just tell you, that after my vivid experience of about 28 liter of whiskey to fight the beast. It´s working with all from Lao Khao and Hong Tong to Laphroaig.

There is currently no specific medicine to prevent or to treat COVID-19. There are only treatments to relieve the symptoms while the body attempts to clear the virus.

Clinical Trials do not give immediate results. There  are multiple steps that must first be taken before a drug can  be used for a disease, even offlabel. First the safety must be determined. Then it needs to be shown to be effective against an illness. Drugs work differently in people depending upon age, health condition, presence of other  medications, gender and even ethnicity. What might work well in an Asian may not necessarily work as well in a European at the same dose. One should  not become overly excited by initial results. More often than not, clinical trials do not give the desired outcome. 

In respect to available  symptom treatments; as per the Harvard Medical School guidelines;

Currently there is no specific antiviral treatment for COVID-19. However, similar to treatment of any viral infection, these measures can help:

• While you don't need to stay in bed, you should get plenty of rest.
  • Stay well hydrated.
  • Take acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or naproxen to reduce fever and ease aches and pains. Be sure to follow directions. If you are taking any combination cold or flu medicine, keep track of all the ingredients and the doses. For acetaminophen, the total daily dose from all products should not exceed 3,000 milligrams.

And as a reminder to people with underlying heart disease  be careful when taking the NSAID class drugs;  Ibuprofen, such as Advil, Motrin  can cause marked worsening of existing hypertension (high blood pressure) or development of new high blood pressure. It can also cause damage to the kidneys (nephrotoxicity), worsening of heart failure, and even heart attack or stroke.

I hate these one pill  fixes all threads. There are a lot of people with underlying diseases and often the drug recommendations or "solutions" will do harm.

The best advice is to invest in having someone monitor your condition while ill, even if it is by a few calls during the day. If the situation worsens  you can be transported to hospital.

Self isolate yes, but do not cut off from society.

This thread contains a lot of misinformation nd clips/links from non-authoritative sources.

It is impossible for me to keep up with the multiple threads being started around coronavirus.

The place for discussion of news related to COVID is the new forum where there are plenty of articles.

Only threads directly relating to an actual health problem of the OP will be allowed in the Health Forum.

Closed.