Going Rate For A House?

dogtanian

id have thought that 15k in patong will get you a room. probably not many houses around at that price, but thats not to say that its impossible.

i pay 15k for a house in kathu, 2 bedroom, air, kitchen, washing machine, garden (with gardener), shed, fully furnished, and a lovely landlord.

you can get a small house for about 8k if you look. i overheard some ppl talking about a room near my place for 6500 the other day. not sure what was in it though.

so, expect to pay anything between 6000 and - well, whatever you want to pay really...

Really depends what you are looking for. I pay 6,000 Baht for a place in Rawai with lots of space around the house, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and seating area. Unfurnished though.

If you look for more 'farang oriented' places, prices will at least double.

Really depends what you are looking for. I pay 6,000 Baht for a place in Rawai with lots of space around the house, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and seating area. Unfurnished though.

It's a good idea to have a Thai friend do the searching for you. Unfortunately, like most things here, there's a double pricing structure :o

It's a good idea to have a Thai friend do the searching for you. Unfortunately, like most things here, there's a double pricing structure :o

Imagine that! If you wish to live in a thai area you pay thai prices. If you want to live in a farang style and in a farang neiborhood you pay more.

A hamburger at Harry's is nearly 250 baht but a bowl of noodle soup in the alley is 25 baht, incredible. :D

Imagine that! If you wish to live in a thai area you pay thai prices. If you want to live in a farang style and in a farang neiborhood you pay more.

A hamburger at Harry's is nearly 250 baht but a bowl of noodle soup in the alley is 25 baht, incredible. :D

That was a help ! :D

Naka.

Naka.

Do you need help? :D :D :bah:

I think the OP was looking for the range of rental rates for a house.

My response illuminates how there is a wide range of accommodations available and a response to the quip about "double pricing".

I'm not sure why that would make you angry?

Naka.

My response illuminates how there is a wide range of accommodations available and a response to the quip about "double pricing".

I think because your examples were poorly chosen. "Double pricing" refer to two different prices for the same product, not to different prices for different products.

Sophon

Naka.

I think because your examples were poorly chosen. "Double pricing" refer to two different prices for the same product, not to different prices for different products.

Sophon

Correct

Naka.

Do you need help? :D:bah: :bah:

Sophon

Correct

I've been in Phuket for some time now and I can't think of any examples of the dastardly "double pricing".

If you want to slam Thailand and Thai people perhaps you can be specific! :D

You cant find any examples of double pricing..

I dont know where your living but its not the same place as me.. From National Parks to the local buffet resturant.. It exists..

At the National parks I show my Thai drivers license and I pay the same as Thai people.

Many places and countries have pricing schedules for residents and non residents.

The place where the real disparity lies is with the sliding salary requirement for different nationalities applying for a work permit.

Blanket generalities are self defeating.

I won't argue whether your local "buffet" discriminates against you because you're a "farang". Maybe so! But maybe they charge you more for another reason.

I know of a massage shop in Patong that make it's east Indian customers take a shower because they smell bad! A clear cut case of odor discrimination. Horrible sensitive thai noses.

If you want to slag thailand go right ahead, but please be specific!

thats a good price, where abouts in Rawai is that ?

I've been in Phuket for some time now and I can't think of any examples of the dastardly "double pricing".

If you want to slam Thailand and Thai people perhaps you can be specific! :o

:D

you're having a laugh aren't you?

house rental price - one price for farang one for thai

motorbike rental - as above

general contracting work - as above

National Park - as above

"unpriced" local shops - as above

deck chairs on the beaches - as above

bottle of water at the local waterfall - as above

entrance to the aquarium - as above

entrance to the zoo - as above

phuket cable ski - as above

longtail rental - as above

etc etc etc etc etc etc

We have had to find apartments for staff on several occassions and normally get asked if its for thai or farang. They don't even think that this is unusual to ask.

All of the above doesn't make it a bad place to live - I love it here - but you can't say that it doesnt exist, to do so you must have your head in the sand, or only ever frequent "farang" establishments where everyone pays the inflated price

off topic a bit , sorry ,

been looking at the posts, and they have helped me alot , but i was also worrying , how much i would need to live on in thailand , have thai wife , kid of 5 years old , plus my wife has 3 children from her first marriage , who are 100% thai, ages 27 22 13 ,

me and wifey and 5 year old live in england , now , and kids from before live in thailand , but we miss them , and are thinking of going back to live in thailand ,

we have houses in england , that we rent out , but have mortgages on , but if i sell my business in england i could pay mortgeges of the rented houses , and that would give us , 150,000 bt a month in thailand to live on ,

would like to live in chang mai ,

need a car

house

school fees for 1 kid

and living money,

i do not drink , so no bars for me ,

but like , my cars , plus tv and dvds

do you think 150,000 , a month is ok money to live on in chang mai?

off topic a bit , sorry ,

been looking at the posts, and they have helped me alot , but i was also worrying , how much i would need to live on in thailand , have thai wife , kid of 5 years old , plus my wife has 3 children from her first marriage , who are 100% thai, ages 27 22 13 ,

me and wifey and 5 year old live in england , now , and kids from before live in thailand , but we miss them , and are thinking of going back to live in thailand ,

we have houses in england , that we rent out , but have mortgages on , but if i sell my business in england i could pay mortgeges of the rented houses , and that would give us , 150,000 bt a month in thailand to live on ,

would like to live in chang mai ,

need a car

house

school fees for 1 kid

and living money,

i do not drink , so no bars for me ,

but like , my cars , plus tv and dvds

do you think 150,000 , a month is ok money to live on in chang mai?

Absolutely, just to give you an idea you can find a nice house for 15000 a month easily, and even less if you take your time

• 3 weeks later...

the rental pool here in Phuket is huge and very much affected by high season...when less available and possibility of negotiation is affected. Patong is fairly pricey and often hard to find reasonable stand alone homes unless your buget is on the upscale. Now the high season is ending and more and more rentals are coming on line.....check out the phuket gazette, other rags and online... but also driving around neighborhoods of your interest can yield very good results....plus you can eliminate the obvious yucky ones from a glance. the range of prices are as expected anywhere....already some have posted ......a small concrete 1-2 bedroom for B7000 and up...location can increase decrease price...it's pretty cheap to buy applicances/furniture that are a bit nicer than standard thai style so don't be put off by "empty" houses.....spend as much time as you can on the hunt....rent a apt. first and good luck

• 3 weeks later...