Coronavirus COVID-19 Recovery Rate

4MyEgo

While I can appreciate the world has gone gangbusters over Covid-19.

I would like to ask if anyone has the answers as to WHY the hell no one is focusing on the recovery rate which is currently at 56.5% from those infected (106,433), current at time of posting.

We know the mortality rate is around 3.4% or 3,594 at time of posting according to Johns Hopkins CSSE.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2CY5jFGa_Xl3d0BKAARqrW0RPh0FygFNHilpPq6V8fNuVz9bzSTh5J5EU#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Why hasn't anyone of the 60,000 plus who recovered, been interviewed and news shared telling everyone it was just a bad dose of the flu etc etc.

Be interested in everyone's take on this, I have my own thoughts.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

mortality rate is not as informative as we might wish, at least not at this stage.

too soon to know how the virus will mutate, not enough testing done, testing with unreliable methods, no way of having a good estimate of the actual number of infected, no way of knowing how many deaths were misdiagnosed, how many had pre-existing conditions, how many would have died of the flu this year anyway....and there's also the possibility of some countries misstating the totals.

also need to consider local conditions.  some hot-spots due to masses of pilgrims visiting religious shrines, another in a country with limited health services due to sanctions, another local cult allegedly told followers not to report symptoms, and of course cruise ships with elderly passengers packed in like sardines.  how do these skew the results?

but yeah, big numbers are spooky, and certainly draw eyeballs and increase the click-count.  good news, if there is any, doesn't add revenue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plenty have been interviewed but they don't seem keen to relive the gory details, it's all about thanking the medical staff. Could be the nature of the interviewers and the media they represent, i.e not tacky click sellers.

• Like 1

"We know the mortality rate is around 3.4% or 3,594 at time of posting according to Johns Hopkins CSSE."

3.4% of what? Total reported cases? Certainly not total number of people infected. In Korea the mortality rate is around 0.6% of tested cases. Even that wouldn't account for all of the cases. So, quite likely, much less than 0.6%.  

• Sad 1

Wow! I'd posted a screenshot of this website a few days ago, but it was deleted.

Now looking at it again scares the shi_e out of me!

Where we are living is completely red now. It seem to be the worst in SEA. But Thailand reports not enough cases, methinks.

Germany, for example has 954 confirmed cases, but Thailand only 50?

Who would believe such buffalo dung?

Even Netherlands has 265 cases and they have great hospitals and doctors.

So more I hear from Thailand, so less do I believe these news.

It's not a question now if the glass is half full, or half empty. There's no honesty. 

I'm just trying to understand these numbers. It started in Wuhan/China, then spread all over SEA.

Now most European countries have ten to twenty times more cases?

The hub of lost faces is lying, I'm afraid.

Even when it's about such a serious issue, they can't tell us the truth, because they just don't know it, or they just don't want to lose tourists?

This website seems to be the best with great information on the spread of the virus.

The virus didn't go from Wuhan to Germany and then to Thailand.

That's really nonsense. 

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2CY5jFGa_Xl3d0BKAARqrW0RPh0FygFNHilpPq6V8fNuVz9bzSTh5J5EU#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Many interview of people who recover. 

Thai, English, Italian, Japanese.

You know how to google? Is easy.

Didn't your boss say that Thai students don't know how to Google?

I'm totally irritated now.

Could you please point at an interview with a Thai person? Does such an interview even exist?

Tonights figures from those pesky commies, sanctioned by the WHO, who have obviously bought them:

China - 20615 still under treatment, 57152 released from hospital

Worldwide - 26858 under treatment (inc China)

560 fatalities.

So if we really need a statistic 0.6% fatalities ongoing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Wow! I'd posted a screenshot of this website a few days ago, but it was deleted.

Where we are living is completely red now. It seem to be the worst in SEA. But Thailand reports not enough cases, methinks.

So more i hear from Thailand, so less do I believe these news.

It's not a question now if the glass is half full, or half empty. There's no honesty. 

I', just trying to understand these numbers. It started in Wuhan/China, then spread all over SEA.

The hub of lost faces is lying, I';m afraid.

Even when it's about such a serious issue, they can't tell us the truth, because they just don't know it, or they just don't want to lose tourists?

This website seems to be the best with great information on the spread of the virus. The virus didn't go from Wuhan to Germany and then to Thailand.

That's really nonsense. 

I have the same same fears as you, but what will you do to redeem yourself if you are wrong?

If you were wrong, you would have posted scaremongering and diffamatory stories on the internet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Didn't your boss say that Thai students don't know how to Google?

I'm totally irritated now.

Calm down. You confused again.

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Could you please point at an interview with a Thai person? Does such an interview even exist?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/coronavirus-survivor-was-shocked-tired-and-struggling-to-breathe/ar-BBZE9Mo

1 minute ago, tgw said:

I have the same same fears as you, but what will you do to redeem yourself if you are wrong?

If you were wrong, you would have posted scaremongering and diffamatory stories on the internet.

Thank you very much for pointing that out. 

Unfortunately, did I experience how some cases are treated by Thai school teachers, in this case, colleagues?

Ten days ago, they thought that some students who came back from Korea, some were in Japan, would be positive, and all of them started wearing masks.

Until now, nobody knows if these students have/had this virus or just the flu.

We foreigners were not informed to start precautions. Nada. 

So much about the information between colleagues who work at the same place.

My wife, all of a sudden, called me to let me know that we'd have some students with the virus because the whole city was talking about it!

Why did they not tell us what was wrong? Doesn't that say it all? 

And I got sick soon after I've heard about the infected students, not knowing what kind of illness I had, or still have.  

I hope that this might explain my fear of how numbers of potentially sick people and information about it are given to others. 

Nobody seems to care about 13 of us; otherwise, they could have warned us right in the beginning. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Even I remember the Thai taxi driver who did a presser after he recovered. It was here on TV with the usual storm of derision underneath it.

Clue: don't include 'spite' 'derision' 'disbelief'  in your search terms.

Here the taxi driver.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/02/05/i-dont-hate-chinese-taxi-driver-speaks-out-after-coronavirus-recovery/

Thaivisa member should also read the real news. If only listen to other member all the time, will be scared so much like Issanbiker. 

4myego say nobody 60,000 give interview. Is wrong information. You make Issanbiker worry to much. 

Then Issanbiker add something and other member will believe it and will be scared. But it all not true. 

Read the real news. Calm down. 

You are safe. 

I not know anybody die from coronavirus. Everyone I know is ok. 

I think none of 4myego or Issanbiker friend in thailand die same right. 

The farang panic to much. Over. Fighting each other for toilet tissue! 55555555

Calm down. If you are elderly, be careful, but not panic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Thank you very much for pointing that out. 

Unfortunately, did I experience how some cases are treated by Thai school teachers, in this case, colleagues?

Ten days ago, they thought that some students who came back from Korea, some were in Japan, would be positive, and all of them started wearing masks.

Until now, nobody knows if these students have/had this virus or just the flu.

We foreigners were not informed to start precautions. Nada. 

So much about the information between colleagues who work at the same place.

My wife, all of a sudden, called me to let me know that we'd have some students with the virus because the whole city was talking about it!

Why did they not tell us what was wrong? Doesn't that say it all? 

And I got sick soon after I've heard about the infected students, not knowing what kind of illness I had, or still have.  

I hope that this might explain my fear of how numbers of potentially sick people and information about it are given to others. 

Nobody seems to care about 13 of us; otherwise, they could have warned us right in the beginning. 

I think you still alive? Anybody you know die? Or not? 

Lot of fake rumour, gossip, panic. 

Yesterday a woman tell me 21 year old boy Ranong died of corona. My father help the rescue team a lot. So he call to confirm.

Is not true, he have fever, go to hospital to have test for coronavirus, NOT die.

He ok. 

Everybody panic. For what?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I think you still alive? Anybody you know die? Or not? 

Lot of fake rumour, gossip, panic. 

Yesterday a woman tell me 21 year old boy Ranong died of corona. My father help the rescue team a lot. So he call to confirm.

Is not true, he have fever, go to hospital to have test for coronavirus, NOT die.

He ok. 

Everybody panic. For what?

You didn't even get my point. But that's okay. Thank you for your great words. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Well, my golf caddie told me 2 days ago that whole streets in Pattaya were cordoned off because coronavirus... all BS of course.  But "ching ching" my friend told me...

Edited by tgw
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, goatfarmer said:

"We know the mortality rate is around 3.4% or 3,594 at time of posting according to Johns Hopkins CSSE."

3.4% of what? Total reported cases? Certainly not total number of people infected. In Korea the mortality rate is around 0.6% of tested cases. Even that wouldn't account for all of the cases. So, quite likely, much less than 0.6%.  

Less, but not much less than 0.6%

Korea is testing extensively,  that's why the rate is so low there

Of course,  it's impossible to test everybody,  so the rate must be a bit lower than 0.6%

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Sources in Lombardy, northern Italy, said on Sunday that the Corona virus death toll had risen to 257 from 154 in one day. This is a leap of 103 deaths in the province, which is considered the focus of the virus outbreak in Italy. Meanwhile, Italy's chief of staff, Salvatore Perina, was reported to be infected with the Corona virus. It was also reported to be in isolation at his home. Italy is the country with the highest number of infections in Europe, Its second biggest outbreak of disease, according to official data from the boot country, has seen over 6,000 people infected with the Corona virus so far.

• Thanks 1

people are saying warm and humid climate is not helping the virus, could this explain why so few cases reported in south east asia while many are reported in europe when its winter ?

also could the spicy food could have a positive effect overall, anyone in the know ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

So more I hear from Thailand, so less do I believe these news.

I'm just trying to understand these numbers. It started in Wuhan/China, then spread all over SEA.

The hub of lost faces is lying, I'm afraid.

This website seems to be the best with great information on the spread of the virus.

The virus didn't go from Wuhan to Germany and then to Thailand.

That's really nonsense. 

if they are charging people for the test most people will decline it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freeman01 said:

people are saying warm and humid climate is not helping the virus, could this explain why so few cases reported in south east asia while many are reported in europe when its winter ?

also could the spicy food could have a positive effect overall, anyone in the know ?

not everyone eats spicy food so I'd bin that thought. Either the heat is helping or cases aren't being reported, probably both

• Like 1

This thread contains a lot of misinformation and it is impossible for me to keep up with the multiple threads being started around coronavirus.

The place for discussion of news related to COVID is the new forum where there are plenty of articles.

Only threads directly relating to an actual health problem of the OP will be allowed in the Health Forum.

Closed.

• Thanks 1