Qatar BANS travellers from Thailand over coronavirus fears

webfact

Received an email from Qatar last night, anybody traveling before 30th June can change their flights for free or receive a voucher valid for 1 year.

I’m booked BKK-MAN mid-May so will make a call 1st week in May (obviously if they ban Travelers from Thailand transferring in Doha my decision will be made for me).

On 3/9/2020 at 8:00 AM, IAMHERE said:

Please update when you get thru Doha; free one hour of WIFI I think. I transit Doha Friday morning 7AM'ish hopefully.

Hi....at the moment if your in transit your ok...went through last night. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:09 AM, pontious said:

Nothing on the Qatar website. A flight left BKK at 1.43 this morning for Doha. Flights scheduled as normal this week.

Only those with onward connections through Hamad International Airport are accepted for travel. This decision comes as a preventive measure due to the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide. It affects all individuals intending to enter from these countries, including visas upon arrival, those with a residence or work permit, and temporary visitors.

• Like 1

Qatar to stop all incoming flights; shuts public transport; QR75bn incentives for private sector

1) All incoming flights to Doha will be stopped starting from Wednesday, March 18, for a period of 14 days, which will be reviewed, with the exception of air cargo and transit flights, in addition to receiving any Qatari citizens coming from any destination in the world with a 14-day quarantine.

https://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/article/15/03/2020/Qatar-to-stop-all-incoming-flights-shuts-public-transport-QR75bn-incentives-for-private-sector

Very confusing but some say that 

Transit passengers can still fly via HIA

so not sure how this announcement is different, except to say it is bracketed March 18 - April 1, for now.

https://www.iloveqatar.net/coronavirus/news/incoming-flights-to-doha-stopped-public-transportation-stopped

Two of today's seven dailies have been canceled. QR 827 and QR 839. It looks like they;ve been removed from the schedule for now, as the other five dailies can handle what few passengers are flying, and aligned with connections.

Edited by mtls2005

On 3/9/2020 at 7:16 AM, Tayaout said:

If airlines don't fly 80% of the time on their route it can be claimed by competitors. So airlines are now flying empty planes but I guess they still transport mail. 

Edit: it's from March 9 so it's probably "tomorrow" from their timezone. 

Regardless of passengers planes carry a lot of freight

10 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Regardless of passengers planes carry a lot of freight

Tell this to iherb! My packages are stuck in Hong Kong since 24 of February due to lack of plane. 

"Dear iHerb Customer,
Thank you for shopping at iHerb.

This package is shipped by: SF Express

Package has experienced long delays due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak. As many flights have been canceled, items are shipping less frequently.

Our goal is to provide the most convenient Customer experience. iHerb is working with the carrier very closely to get the package deliver to you. We are working to provide you with a better experience in the future.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Service.
Thank you being a valued iHerb Customer.

Sincerely,

The iHerb Team"

Edited by Tayaout