Pattaya: Mother dumps two mixed parentage children at apartment and disappears

webfact

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Notice that Kevin posted he was trying to get custody of  "them", although he is only the father of the younger child?  

Good luck to you sir!

'them' can be singular, if used as in the context he has. sorry

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

You're a trooper. How can I be specific about her life, I don't know her and neither do you. So to try and compare your life to hers is plain ridiculous. She may well have been an addict living on the streets, penniless with two mouths to feed, were you?

nope because i buckled down and stopped drinking and eating out, buying clothes for myself etc....hence my comment. 

• Like 1

I only hope he can prove he is the father of one of them legally, Im not sure he would be allowed to take the other one and would the courts or police allow them to be split up? 

So, he must know who the father of the other one is, this could get really messy 

21 hours ago, drbeach said:

What do you mean exactly?

A Thai girl is treated as a 2nd class citizen.  A Thai male is feted by mother/grandma.  He has thousands lavished on him for his month in a monastery and sin sot for his 'lucky' bride.  At the onset of morning sickness he moves on to pastures new, deserting his wife/child.  There is no  system of child support unless you count a farang who takes over these duties.

Of course these are generalisations but most of the girls who are forced into prostitution do so to pay for their child's education; clothes; child care; food. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

nope because i buckled down and stopped drinking and eating out, buying clothes for myself etc....hence my comment. 

You're a Saint mate Im not sure many guys could do what you managed to do, over the years I have lived here I know a couple of Farangs who have been left in a similar situation one was with 4 kids where the wife had gambled everything away lost the house and truck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And is there any proof that the "mother" is the mother? Or was it just a women who brought the children to that place?

It's obviously bad one way or the other but it still makes a big difference. 

And somehow I find this part hard to believe: "The Foreman House in Soi 1 Krom Thee Din usually only does monthly rentals but they took pity on the woman and allowed her to rent by the day.

And yet it happened, fancy that!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, watthong said:

No one seems to have noticed the fact that these "mixed" kids are half-"coloured". Had they been half-white, their predicamment would have been much "brighter". My guess the mother must have found herself without any family support to raise them and therefore had to resort to this maneouver. Also normally the hotel should have raised some alarm when the trio arrived, drunk (mother) and exhausted (kids) in the dead of the night. But this is Pattaya so...

Half-coloured as opposed to half-white?

All I get from that comment is halfwit.

A whole lot of asumptions based on little fact.

Im unclear as to how you can determine the childrens racial makeup from one blurred photo.

Edited by metempsychotic

22 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

What, the article said that the kids are of mixed parentage so you can't really blame Thais males on this one!

No matter what, it's a real sad thing to read about, abandoned kids.

How can those people look at themselves in the mirror in the morning without thinking, what a <deleted> you are; just leaving your own kids behind. 

Totally agree; I did say it SOUNDS like the Thai view of fatherhood; a lesson learned through living here too long?

18 hours ago, Kevin Powell said:

Hi

I am the father of Tommy the younger boy they were being well looked after by a lady I was supporting them they were well cared for and happy then there Mother came and took then then left them alone in that room.

I am the process of trying to get custody of them.

well it's good to hear and it is commendable that you have the balls to admit what happen and come on TV.

hope it all goes well and Tommy and Sammy get a good home & school and a bright future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briansbiology said:

Your comment. Please be specific as to what aspect of her life you are aware I have not lived.  And like I said, you don't know her circumstances so you can't compare. Hence my comment "you need to walk a mile in her shoes". Surely I don't need to make this any clearer for you?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, krabi local said:

Nice to see you are trying but the Thai system is so complex, so it won’t be easy.

Wishing you all the best in getting custody.

Another bit of misinformation.

Thai family court acts very much on the childs behalf.

This incident would likely simplify the process significantly.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You're a Saint mate Im not sure many guys could do what you managed to do, over the years I have lived here I know a couple of Farangs who have been left in a similar situation one was with 4 kids where the wife had gambled everything away lost the house and truck 

Thanks but defo not a saint ???? . I am just obsessed with biological legacy and love my kids. 

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Your comment. Please be specific as to what aspect of her life you are aware I have not lived.  And like I said, you don't know her circumstances so you can't compare. Hence my comment "you need to walk a mile in her shoes". Surely I don't need to make this any clearer for you?

what dribble.....

the circumstances available from the article are what we are both privy too. why you assume some other mitigating circumstance is your imagination. 

But please do speculate then: what other factors that MIGHT affect her would mean that stopping drinking would be futile in her situation??? No matter her predicament stopping getting drunk in a situation like her would be beneficial to her kids. That is black and white. nobody needs to walk in any shoes to see that.... Only a fool would think there is some circumstance that would mean it  make no difference for her to be drunk taking care of two kids by herself. duh! 

12 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

what dribble.....

the circumstances available from the article are what we are both privy too. why you assume some other mitigating circumstance is your imagination. 

But please do speculate then: what other factors that MIGHT affect her would mean that stopping drinking would be futile in her situation??? No matter her predicament stopping getting drunk in a situation like her would be beneficial to her kids. That is black and white. nobody needs to walk in any shoes to see that.... Only a fool would think there is some circumstance that would mean it  make no difference for her to be drunk taking care of two kids by herself. duh! 

Waste of time discussing this with you. You seem to think her circumstances somehow mirror yours. One person kicks drugs or alcohol, another cannot, one person commits suicide, another gets through their depression. Every situation and individual is different. You seem to think that because you overcame whatever adversity life handed you everyone else should be able to do the same. Try and understand that life can be complex with no easy fixes and some people are ill-equipped to deal with it. 

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Waste of time discussing this with you. You seem to think her circumstances somehow mirror yours. One person kicks drugs or alcohol, another cannot, one person commits suicide, another gets through their depression. Every situation and individual is different. You seem to think that because you overcame whatever adversity life handed you everyone else should be able to do the same. Try and understand that life can be complex with no easy fixes and some people are ill-equipped to deal with it. 

oh dear oh dear. The circumstances that we are aware of are mirrored. I never said she didnt have extenuating circumstances beyond my knowledge and yours I simply stated these do not mitigate her being drunk.....is that beyond your comprehension? 

as for your patronizing last statement. shove it. 

2 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

oh dear oh dear. The circumstances that we are aware of are mirrored. I never said she didnt have extenuating circumstances beyond my knowledge and yours I simply stated these do not mitigate her being drunk.....is that beyond your comprehension? 

as for your patronizing last statement. shove it. 

Join my ignored club.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

A Thai girl is treated as a 2nd class citizen.  A Thai male is feted by mother/grandma.  He has thousands lavished on him for his month in a monastery and sin sot for his 'lucky' bride.  At the onset of morning sickness he moves on to pastures new, deserting his wife/child.  There is no  system of child support unless you count a farang who takes over these duties.

Of course these are generalisations but most of the girls who are forced into prostitution do so to pay for their child's education; clothes; child care; food. 

Your rant may well be true, but what does it have to do with this thread.

If you want to start a thread bashing your perception of Thai society and the male

role in it, go ahead.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, Kevin Powell said:

Hi

I am the father of Tommy the younger boy they were being well looked after by a lady I was supporting them they were well cared for and happy then there Mother came and took then then left them alone in that room.

I am the process of trying to get custody of them.

Maybe a stupid question, but why not go and pick them up and take them back to the lady who was taking good care of them?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shy coconut said:

If you want to start a thread bashing your perception of Thai society and the male

role in it, go ahead.

I responded to a comment about my earlier comment.

16 hours ago, shy coconut said:

role in it, go ahead.

'What do you mean exactly?' Page 1.

This is not a new thread but a response.