Drugstores will get 25,000 masks a day, DIT insists

webfact

Drugstores will get 25,000 masks a day, DIT insists

By The Nation

800_a0ecb3c63848a85.jpg?v=1583735397

The Department of Internal Trade (DIT) has confirmed that drugstores will definitely receive 25,000 face masks a day after the stores claimed they have not received any.

DIT director-general Wichai Pochanakit said today (March 9) that factories would directly deliver the masks to drugstores in order to shorten the process and medical personnel would be the first group to receive the masks.

The Public Health Ministry will deliver 700,000 units a day while the Commerce Ministry will provide 500,000 a day.

Between March 6 and 8, face-mask manufacturers have sent 700,000 of the items to drugstores across Thailand, the DIT confirmed, after dispatching its officials to eleven factories.

The Thai Pharmacies Association claimed on March 8 that none of them received the face masks as the DIT promised.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383672

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-09

21 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

So,  68 million Thai's plus ex-pats and tourists,  round it to 70 million and their going to provide 1.2 million.  Not looking good is it! 

I don't know. You can always ask Thamanat Prompow to help. Word is he has 200 million siting around you could use. Why not ask him? I'm sure he'd sell them to you for a few thousand Baht each. 

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps a certain Deputy Ag minister and his compatriots can shed some light on where all the hundreds of thousands of masks destined for drug stores have gone astray to..... 

you have been told many times before, don't ask difficult un-answerable questions.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

So,  68 million Thai's plus ex-pats and tourists,  round it to 70 million and their going to provide 1.2 million.  Not looking good is it! 

especially if you follow the recommendations of use --  probably needing 2 / 3 each day depending on your environment.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Muzzique said:
1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

I don't know. You can always ask Thamanat Prompow to help. Word is he has 200 million siting around you could use. Why not ask him? I'm sure he'd sell them to you for a few thousand Baht each. 

Ah, my hero. Good job he's not female otherwise I'd have to say my heroin.

• Haha 2

My wife wanted to buy some supplies for her parents upcountry....so she went looking at 6 different pharmacies in BKK yesterday including normally well stocked, reliable ones -- 3 at OnNut and 3 more at Victory Monument near the government hospitals there.

None of them as of yest. had any masks of any kind, no alcohol, no hand gel, etc.

Pure and simple, the government are liars.

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My wife wanted to buy some supplies for her parents upcountry....so she went looking at 6 different pharmacies in BKK yesterday including normally well stocked, reliable ones -- 3 at OnNut and 3 more at Victory Monument near the government hospitals there.

None of them as of yest. had any masks of any kind, no alcohol, no hand gel, etc.

Pure and simple, the government are liars.

As usual, your evaluation is correct. 

25 000 for each drug store, how many drug stores are there? 

Or did they really mean a couple of their friends drugstores?

Edited by Artisi