COVID-19: Thai Consulate in Penang requires some foreigners to provide medical certificate

The same information seems to have been published by CAAT for airlines not to accept anyone without such a certificate for flights here.  Looks like another major error and no other sources seem to be willing to confirm it.  We live in interesting times seems to be an understatement.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So someone with a passport from one of those countries who has been in Thailand continuously for some time and needs a new B or O visa, needs a medical certificate?

I guess so, as they don`t differentiate between living in LOS or having recently traveled from a risk-country.

Had the same issue at a land-border last weekend. Told them they can check my passport and see I haven`t been to a risk-country since the virus stuff started. They didn`t care at all. It was just a screening in my case, but that proves they just look at your passport and NOT your recent travel history.

Thus it means you either have to pay that expensive test on your own or (after all that`s LOS) bribe a doctor to sign you such a certificate. 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So someone with a passport from one of those countries who has been in Thailand continuously for some time and needs a new B or O visa, needs a medical certificate?

Looks a lot like that, and yes, it makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No. It's for new travellers incoming from now.

Unless you need to leave Thailand to get your visa and I suggest you don't go to Italy to get it. Plus there's exemptions for people who would normally have to do that.

Edited by Traubert

4 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Certificate costs only 200 Baht....

And you base that on what?  We know some, if done in Thailand, are cheap but we do not know what they want certified in this case - unless you have done and can advise?

• Like 1

if you are of those nationality, but been living 10+years in thailand...

again ...stupid rules for us the sheeple

you could say : at least, if every AIRPORT would have a medical crew that could certify you on the SPOT ... but that would be too easy, right ...

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

Certificate costs only 200 Baht....

That's a price to get a driving license !

- A blood test for Corona costs at least 5,000 THB.

- A X-ray of your lungs for Corona costs at least 9,000 THB and you also need a X-ray for TB what is a different X-ray will cost the same.

- A blood test on all kind of diseases costs at least 3,500 THB. HIV is included.

These are the prices for Thai at Ramathibodhi Hospital what is a university hospital and is certified by immigration.

Immigration at Chang Wattana has a list with all the hospitals that are certified. When I came on Feb 5 to pick up my visa extension that was under consideration a panic broke out because I had a bandaid on my left thumb after cutting myself in the kitchen. I had to prove that I was disease free. This took a day resulting in a 1 day overstay. All together it has costed me over 25k THB. And as Ramathibodhi is my regular hospital, having a Thai wife, I pay as the Thai pay. Foreigners normally pay double !!! There are private hospitals on the list at immigration but those prices are trippled of more.

A guy I know, not to be named, having a restaurant also had to get himself a health certificate. He thought he was smart and got the 200 THB certificate after he was laughing about the price I paid. Being a day on overstay he went to Chang Wattana immigration. Got arrested, thrown in the detention center for 3 weeks and is now in the USA after having a 5 year ban. His wife told me because she is now running his restaurant.

Edited by Tops
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have exactly the same question! I am in Thailand for more than seven years, so?