PM scraps 2,000 baht giveaway plan

snoop1130

This piece of 'crud' PM realized how much this new benefit to the poor would affect his personal (graft) income, deposits to his own off-shore accounts, so he cancelled the plan and offered a couple 'strawberries' instead........   'Take care of the rich (him and crony friends) -screw the poor'..... Undoubtedely his 'Political goal'...... as a (faked) democratically elected Coup/Military PM regime BOSS.

He must have been 'HIGH' on something when he first made the pledge......

Thai 'Poor folks' open your eyes and know what you are seeing.... and raise 'hell'...........

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, they're not giving the money now as they deem the idea a waste of tax payer's money - which I agree with. 

Use the money for something sustainable. 

Perhaps you didn't notice but the article said they are planning on giving money and tax breaks to businesses instead. If you're some impoverished Thai peasant in a village where the wells have run dry and now need to buy water, we'll just tighten your belt another notch and suck it up for the sake of business. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

The government give themself 68,000,000 baht for overseas trip. For the 250 senate guys nobody vote. Use the money in another country.

I think it better to give 2000 baht for the people use it in Thailand.

https://www.nationweekend.com/content/image_news/6604

One thing that they could spend that 68,000,000 would be on workshops in the rural areas in conjunction with bigger business.  (they should chip in too) to retrain and give better skills to the rural people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Gee doesn't this guy care about the dozens of TV posts we churned out yesterday praising or rubbishing the initial plan ? some of those posts took me minutes to write. Who's going to pay for that?

Im sure if you forward them to him he will be in contact????

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It is a lot of money when you don’t have any, but giving handouts like this isn’t sustainable. That money needs to be invested in people. 

But this is Thailand.. i mean farmers get handouts everyone gets handouts. It works to keep people depending on the goverment. Gives the goverment power over the people.

It would indeed be far better if structural changes were made but that takes time does not give the same nice headlines and.. worse still would make people less dependable on the government.

20 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, they're not giving the money now as they deem the idea a waste of tax payer's money - which I agree with. 

Have you got any ideas ?

Maybe more Tanks, Missiles, Submarines Etc

I have seen these handouts on a few occasions and non of the people in the queues looked poor to me, in fact more like a handout to supporters of the current administration, including the owners of the stores where it was handed out where the money was to be spent. I can think of other names for the handouts.

For sure its not the poor who are getting help.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, rkidlad said:

I disagree with you on this.

Older people have NO hope of ever getting a job so the 2,000 baht would mean a lot too them.

Not so much for us farangs, and nothing to the mob who are (supposedly) running the country.

On 3/10/2020 at 7:19 AM, RichardColeman said:

How about cancelling some military hardward and using the money on economic stimulus ? I think the short term worry of invasion from Laos (especially from the sea) is worth the risk

How about cancelling half the military instead. Think of all those useless generals pay the country could save.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I disagree with you on this.

Older people have NO hope of ever getting a job so the 2,000 baht would mean a lot too them.

Not so much for us farangs, and nothing to the mob who are (supposedly) running the country.

The policy is aimed at "low-income earners". This isn't a policy exclusively for poor pensioners who are physically unable to work. Don't conflate the two.

I'm not saying giving poor people money to help them is a bad idea. I'm saying a government run policy of giving poor people 2,000 baht is a bad idea. You give them 2,000 baht and then what? They spend it and they're still poor. You can't just throw scraps now and again and hope it will all fix itself. It's a populist policy.

If you have a budget for helping poor people, use it to help them. Start initiatives where people can earn for themselves and can survive more sustainably without the help of the odd handout. If people are unable to work then they should be in their own special category where they do apply for handouts. But that isn't what this article or scheme is about.