Renewal of my Thai Drivers Licence. Docs Needed?

I need to renew my driver's licence. Expires 22nd of March. 

I have a work permit. So I am lead to believe I don't need (residence certificate from immigration) 

I saw this list on another thread by mtls2005

1 ORIGINAL FIVE-YEARS THAI DRIVING LICENCE
2 PASSPORT WITH NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY)
3 ORIGINAL PRESENT RESIDENT ADDRESS IN THAILAND CERTIFY FROM EMBASSY / IMMIGRATION BUREAU (VALID FOR 1 YEAR) OR WORK PERMIT WITH ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY I have the work permit 

PROCEDURE

1 CHECK THE DOCUMENTS
2 PRINT THE APPLICATION FORM
3 TAKE ONLY A PHYSICAL TEST

If any one has any new information? Can you let me know and agree or disagree with the list? Thank you for reading

https://iglu.net/how-to-get-a-thai-driving-license/?fbclid=IwAR1Di5K196VN6i79nWedrKDejFipXhderGyzaGFk-2KldRCLddVqE3cM4Tw

Good information

Renewing 5-year license

When it’s time to renew your 5-year license to get another 5-year licence, the procedure is almost exactly the same. The only difference is that you don’t need the medical certificate. The fee is again 505 THB (plus an extra 50 THB if your name or address has to be updated).

Renewing an expired license

You can renew your license up to 3 months before the expiration of your current one. You can also renew it up to 1 year after the expiration date with no penalty.

If your license has expired by more than 1 year, you must retake the theory test and pass 45 of 50 questions to renew.

If your license has expired by more than 3 years you must take both the theory and practical tests.

How to get a 6-year license

The expiration date of a Thai driving license is always set to the license holder’s birthday. Because of this, you should be able to get a “6-year” license renewal with this one weird trick:

Allow your license to expire by one day. Then go to renew it on the day after your birthday. By doing it this way, you should be able to obtain a “6-year” license—or more precisely 5 years and 364 days.

Edited by scott1999

10 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I think I read people with the new card-type work permit couldn't use it because it doesn't show the address. But if you've still got the blue book version it's ok. 

This is not true.  I just renewed my dl a couple of weeks ago and I have a digital work permit.  You need to scan the QR code on your WP and print out the page the comes up.

Other docs needed: passport, driver's license.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 6:55 AM, scott1999 said:

https://iglu.net/how-to-get-a-thai-driving-license/?fbclid=IwAR1Di5K196VN6i79nWedrKDejFipXhderGyzaGFk-2KldRCLddVqE3cM4Tw

Good information

Renewing 5-year license

When it’s time to renew your 5-year license to get another 5-year licence, the procedure is almost exactly the same. The only difference is that you don’t need the medical certificate. The fee is again 505 THB (plus an extra 50 THB if your name or address has to be updated).

Renewing an expired license

You can renew your license up to 3 months before the expiration of your current one. You can also renew it up to 1 year after the expiration date with no penalty.

If your license has expired by more than 1 year, you must retake the theory test and pass 45 of 50 questions to renew.

If your license has expired by more than 3 years you must take both the theory and practical tests.

How to get a 6-year license

The expiration date of a Thai driving license is always set to the license holder’s birthday. Because of this, you should be able to get a “6-year” license renewal with this one weird trick:

Allow your license to expire by one day. Then go to renew it on the day after your birthday. By doing it this way, you should be able to obtain a “6-year” license—or more precisely 5 years and 364 days.

Yep, this works. My licences expired Friday and I went to renew today. Got 6 years on both.