Covid-19: Netizen’s racist rants after Chinese couple put in quarantine in Bangkok condo

webfact

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

This is bang on. Far less common to a Chinese girl marry a Westerner than it is for Thais. 

They believe in their racial purity and racial superiority. It has been drummed into them from centuries and centuries of propaganda. 

I have ived in China 15 years, my wife is chinese and I can say witout a doubt that what you said is total BS.

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

This. China is far more racist than Thailand will ever be despite all the rhetoric we read here about Thailand being the most racist country on Earth.

I remember an elderly Chinese couple looking disapprovingly at me holding the hand of my ethnic Chinese-Thai girlfriend (now wife) walking down an escalator in Kunming. They also made a derogatory comment as they passed us. Earlier, I had a short-term fling with a Chinese girl. Walking down the street in Yuxi, south of Kunming, a teenager called her a whore. Walking alongside us was her friend and another Sri Lankan friend.

In Thailand, nothing like that has ever happened, not even close. There are so many Thais in relationships with foreigners it's something people see everyday.

And I know, because I'm fluent in Thai and reasonably good at Chinese.

This is also not true, and make a generalization of one or two incidents that happened to you with 1,4 billion people is not correct. I m fluent in chinese and I didn t see more racist in China than other countries. No one never treated me or my wife that way ever. People are just curious because there are not many foreigners in China small cities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, missoura said:

At the end of the day the present government is simply afraid to tell China no, but with other countries like Italy there is no problem in stopping the flow.  Eventually, Thailand will be simply known as Chailand. I hope that I'm wrong and it won't probably happen in my lifetime, but it will happen...

When did the Chinese in the story arrive in Thailand? What region did they come from?

6 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

nothing like a crisis to bring out the racists goons

there is nothing racist here. it is common sense.

this is what the thai government had to do long time ago - to 

block all flights from china. not because they are "chinese" but simply because...

they might be infected !!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They believe in their racial purity and racial superiority. It has been drummed into them from centuries and centuries of propaganda. 

Who ? The Chinese or the westerners ?

Deary me , the white mans burden gets heavier every day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

...who got their orders from the 'mainland officials.

The true Masters of Thailand, since this country has sold out.......I mean bent over backwards....I mean.....well you get it.

7 hours ago, missoura said:

At the end of the day the present government is simply afraid to tell China no, but with other countries like Italy there is no problem in stopping the flow.  Eventually, Thailand will be simply known as Chailand. I hope that I'm wrong and it won't probably happen in my lifetime, but it will happen...

Ethnic Tai actually came from China. Read their origin below.

http://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2017/06/ethnic-origin-of-thai.html

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Thais are incredibly racist and ive travelled extensively and iy wouldnt be a stretch to say they are the nost racist i know of. Different up bringing perhaps..?

Why do you think Thai are racist? Mind giving some racist incidents that you personally encountered?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Racism is far far greater in homogeneous countries....

should I go on.... 

Thailand is not a homogeneous country. There are many ethnicities in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

This is bang on. Far less common to a Chinese girl marry a Westerner than it is for Thais. 

Horse apples. As Colonel Potter was wont to say.

3 hours ago, drbeach said:

This. China is far more racist than Thailand will ever be despite all the rhetoric we read here about Thailand being the most racist country on Earth.

I remember an elderly Chinese couple looking disapprovingly at me holding the hand of my ethnic Chinese-Thai girlfriend (now wife) walking down an escalator in Kunming. They also made a derogatory comment as they passed us. Earlier, I had a short-term fling with a Chinese girl. Walking down the street in Yuxi, south of Kunming, a teenager called her a whore. Walking alongside us was her friend and another Sri Lankan friend.

In Thailand, nothing like that has ever happened, not even close. There are so many Thais in relationships with foreigners it's something people see everyday.

And I know, because I'm fluent in Thai and reasonably good at Chinese.

Reasonably good at all 197 different dialects or still at the 'ni hao ma?' sort of level? By the way Yuxi, famous for it's barbequed duck and it's branded cigarettes mainly uses Vietnamese.

1 hour ago, thaichina said:

I have ived in China 15 years, my wife is chinese and I can say witout a doubt that what you said is total BS.

Ditto. 13 years and I must know 100 cross cultural couples. I've seen one incident in all that time, a drunk in a bar.

• Sad 1