Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Salerno said:

No, because it's not on any of the stores, nor is it a workable solution.

IMO they should stick to the actual form that is designed for this eventuality instead of trying to catch up with this century at this point in time.

The problem is that the Authorities and Government in Thailand kept trying to take the Tourist  Bucks, and have been extremely slow to react to any threat from Covid19.

Now the reality is starting to hit them, they are attempting to save face by announcing more Covid19 cases each day, and this APP is also an attempt to say to the wider World " Hey!  we are so proactive with dealing with the Virus - look at us , we even have an APP "- but they dont yet.

This is just another example of the incompetent, and shoddy way in which the Government has dealt with the crisis from day one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

" Hey!  we are so proactive with dealing with the Virus - look at us , we even have an APP "- but they dont yet.

They do actually, but not using it unless only way past immigration.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

See page 19 (of 20)

Or just click the link ...

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

IMO they should stick to the actual form that is designed for this eventuality instead of trying to catch up with this century at this point in time.

????

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Or just click the link ...

Yes, I forgot to mention/acknowledge your TG link. Apologies.

I just thought that the full document might give folks additional/historical background.

Just to reiterate. Providing the information appears to be required upon entry, definitely if coming from one of the countries listed in the "two danger zones) list.. One can use the paper form, or potentially, the app.

Using the app is NOT REQUIRED/MANDATORY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dhind1 said:

What if you go into Flight mode while in Thailand - effectively incognito, they will not be able to trace you. Will there be mandatory fines for this?

What if, as the very worst scenario you delete it as soon as it has served its purpose.

Far more likely is I use an old clean phone without any info on it or sim and wipe it again after.

Given we are already tracked by so many different organizations anyways I feel no need to add another, especially one run by the present government.

But, in reality, I suspect the paper form will suffice.

Edited by metempsychotic

Can you imagine the confusion at the land borders if you tried something like this, i mean usually they're all on speaking English.......... How much more information do you need ????????    I said to someone last night, i bet shortly after a few cases with immigration staff they'll close the place and run off home........ Here it's coming......

• Like 1

I just installed it on my spare phone. Good luck entering your date of birth!!! Toggle through every month one by one. I would need to toggle through 600 months to reach mine! Sadly I didn't have several hours to spare, so lied about my age.......not for the first time ????

But surely this information is contained on the Arrival Card, which you hand in at Immigration?  Amazing how little these people think before implementing spurious rules.  Even my lovely Thai Wife suggested yesterday that we go somewhere else that is not governed by crooks and numtees!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still people out there without smartphones. A store to buy on arrival?

The Airlines could provide this app on the Onboard Entertainment system and when landed upload the data to Thai Immigration. When passport is scanned It would show up on Immigration's computer. Would mean you do not have to fill in that hard copy TM6 form.  I could design a form that was universal to all flights and all countries

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

I just installed it on my spare phone. Good luck entering your date of birth!!! Toggle through every month one by one. I would need to toggle through 600 months to reach mine! Sadly I didn't have several hours to spare, so lied about my age.......not for the first time ????

If it's like other apps (Immigration: TM47, TM30) here just click on the year and scroll that.

4 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

But surely this information is contained on the Arrival Card, which you hand in at Immigration? 

Where on a TM6 do you list countries you've been in the past 14 days, what seat you where in on the flight and indicate any symptoms you may have?

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Where on a TM6 do you list countries you've been in the past 14 days, what seat you where in on the flight and indicate any symptoms you may have?

White space reserved for govrrnmenral uses.

Or write on a napkin and staple it to the card. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1