Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

You expect too much. This is Thailand.????????????

Wasn’t at all surprised and expected there would be a problem, hence trying to complete the info this morning before I head to the airport this afternoon. The woman on the help chat said the developers are looking at it now; I won’t be holding my breath!!

We should stop calling them 'smart phones' and call them what they are: 'Minders'. No, I don't have one; landline in USA, an old cell phone in Thailand - it doesn't take pictures, brew coffee, act as bathroom freshener (or whatever they do). It does, however, fetch fetching ladies, fast food, and faster taxis. That's good enough.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

We should stop calling them 'smart phones' and call them what they are: 'Minders'. No, I don't have one; landline in USA, an old cell phone in Thailand - it doesn't take pictures, brew coffee, act as bathroom freshener (or whatever they do). It does, however, fetch fetching ladies, fast food, and faster taxis. That's good enough.

I have an old cell phone forced on me by my wife. I can't hear it, I can't feel it vibrate in my pocket  and if I do I put it down to imagining past emotions. She says carry incase you have an accident. At 86 I'm still waiting.????

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Now more like tracking devices - mind you it does not mean the phone is with you.

49 minutes ago, Besty676 said:

Wasn’t at all surprised and expected there would be a problem, hence trying to complete the info this morning before I head to the airport this afternoon. The woman on the help chat said the developers are looking at it now; I won’t be holding my breath!!

This is the way forward - call the help line every chance you get.

7 hours ago, BobbyL said:

The problems with this are literally endless, and they hope to implement it within a few days ????. I wonder if anyone there perhaps brought up the potential issues such as -

1. Some people won't have a phone

2. Phone may have no battery

3. Phones without a data plan

4. People not understanding the languages and therefore unable to fill in correctly

5. Extra staff needed to assist with this

6. People just switching off their phone or data once they leave the airport

7. Problems logging in to the airport wifi

8. Problems installing the app

9. People with a phone but not a smartphone 

I typed those up in about two minutes of thinking. 

Flash git... 

That would of taken me all day

• Haha 1

why Would foreign nationals be downloading a app before arrival many countries would know nothing about the law changes...... arrived here feb 26th airports empty and more importantly no screening,only change from previous visit was having to give fingerprints ! Yet the baht remains as strong as ever whilst other currencies fall In value.... can’t see anything change and as some have already mentioned by downloading it’s also steeling valuable information from your smart phones.... all this mention about the virus ( what about the street dogs ? Can they pass on the virus ? Already having to wash hands when entering shopping malls and kasikorn bank stopped trading for a certain period of time...

No way would I install this app on my phone. I'd just tell them I didn't have a smartphone.

Thailand either needs to ban all foreigners or accept the virus risk.

I expect it will be a moot point as soon the majority of countries will ban all inbound/outbound flights.

All those Bkk apartment buildings with poncy names will be wonderful monuments to the excesses of the boom decade.

• Like 1

Went to KL today on a quick day trip for a 10 minute meeting, Airport deserted this morning, never seen it like that in 18 years

on return at 1pm still very quiet

Inbound I did not see one health check or Camera

outbound Camera and check just before security check

immigration outbound, not one person

inbound a few people but not one queue
no questions asked 

DD773181-BAA7-440C-BA25-3CB80C8205A2.jpeg

785CFD79-E1A6-41E3-8544-33B1F798DBC2.jpeg

E7259BD6-69AA-4152-BC3C-52FF02E8D684.jpeg

BB1C0259-882C-4F4B-944F-B94CCBC0B568.jpeg

85B1230E-8AE7-4230-9399-4289E938168F.jpeg

FCE75E14-8A33-4B36-8139-474A0627AFB1.jpeg

4DCBF35C-DB28-4E5E-9176-1C48F1C0AA23.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Vincent said:

why Would foreign nationals be downloading a app before arrival many countries would know nothing about the law changes...... arrived here feb 26th airports empty and more importantly no screening,only change from previous visit was having to give fingerprints ! Yet the baht remains as strong as ever whilst other currencies fall In value.... can’t see anything change and as some have already mentioned by downloading it’s also steeling valuable information from your smart phones.... all this mention about the virus ( what about the street dogs ? Can they pass on the virus ? Already having to wash hands when entering shopping malls and kasikorn bank stopped trading for a certain period of time...

The Baht has taken a fair bit of a hit since the beginning of the year. It still needs to fall further, but don't pretend it hasn't fallen...it has...down to roughly (mid-market rates) 31.5 against the US, around 35.5 against the Euro and 41.5 against the GBP. 3 months ago it was approx. USD = 30, EUR = 32.5 and GBP = 39. Only the Aussie "battler" is still at around 20, as it was a few months ago.

Fingerprint scanners came into existence almost a year ago, but many years later than Cambodia, who've had them for years (go figure?)

I agree this App is an absurd joke. By tomorrow they'll change their minds again, like they did with the visa on arrival ban, announced yesterday, reversed today.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Schmuddel said:
This app has access to:
l2htRLV5Mt-RZ6nroJCXy3OF_CqdntOsEetnLEjH1wC-WJWV00R5orcBWj0NMFKJVEQU6JhPYRBCKnj3_Q=s20Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20Location
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20Camera
  • take pictures and videos
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20Storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20Phone
  • read phone status and identity
  • directly call phone numbers
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • full network access

Smartphones will be provided by Immigration    ????

Bingo!  If you are a little familiar with these settings, it becomes immediately very clear what is being done for the purpose of monitoring on your phone. 
Surprise not if there may some other ...
Possibly invisible functions: the app cannot be deleted, voice and video surveillance 24 hours, the phone cannot be switched off.ll
Welcome to Thailand

• Sad 1

The temporarily blocking Of visitors  from countries with a high virus risk seems logical however its a bit late. The proposed  tracking and tracing systems sounds again very privacy intrusive therefore annoying and unworkable and So likely most travelers won’t even bother to come. 

Edited by Destiny1990

2 hours ago, elephant45 said:

I filled in the info on the app and it said "Successful". But where is it stored? I can't find it on the app.

Excause me...You make a joke?

Do You really use this app??

No.... really??

• Like 1