Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

while the governments the world over are trying their best to contain the virus, there are scums who are collecting used masks, washing and ironing them and selling them off as new. hope the thai government comes up with the harshest of punishment for offenders of this heinous crime.

The TM7 and the TM8 are useless for this because they are application forms and they do not have the provisions for your phone number, email address, you visa number, your arrival flight number. All this information is on the TM6 arrival card. But even then you will always get the smarta**e that will not fill in the form properly and not disclose the required information on the form.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

This is gonna be fun, how many people will arrive without having sorted a data plan at all.

I live here about half the year and I don't have a Thai SIM although i will be getting a new phone and I'll make sure i get a dual SIM one. They could provide internet for the purpose I suppose. 

6 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

This is gonna be fun, how many people will arrive without having sorted a data plan at all.

I always buy a new SIM card at 7/11 after I get to the hotel. So this stupid new idea won't work for me.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Using the app is NOT REQUIRED/MANDATORY

Where can you see that? In the OP it says the opposite.

"all foreign tourists arriving at all international airports in Thailand will be required to download an AOT Airports application"

In any case, you can bet

1. they won't destroy info after 14 days

and

2. this will become standard, not rescinded after the panic subsides.

I have a DTAC sim and if it is inserted (whether switched on or off) there's a DTAC app that cannot be uninstalled or have its permissions altered. The AOT cr@p will likely be the same. Quick trip to Pantip for a cheapo 2nd-hand device before my next travel, I think ..........

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Schmuddel said:
This app has access to:
l2htRLV5Mt-RZ6nroJCXy3OF_CqdntOsEetnLEjH1wC-WJWV00R5orcBWj0NMFKJVEQU6JhPYRBCKnj3_Q=s20Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20Location
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20Camera
  • take pictures and videos
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20Storage
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20Phone
  • directly call phone numbers
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • full network access

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOT&hl=en_US

Smartphones will be provided by Immigration    ????

I can see that line at immigration backed up to the gates.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The measure is to reassure both Thais and foreign travellers that Thailand is well equipped to tackle the Covid-19 outbreak, say minister Puttipong

Oh thank god, I was worried they didn't have the right airport app!  All is well.  I can rest easy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

Where can you see that? In the OP it says the opposite.

The announcement on here, and in the app itself, says the apps the only way but, the newspaper that can't be linked states app or form and airlines already have the T8 download link (the link to the form in my post on page 1 is from Thai Airways).

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Once the app is downloaded, they will have to fill in the required information - name, surname, passport ID , mobile phone number, e-mail address and present them to the immigration officials on duty . The information will be stored for 14 days after arrival.

1 - All that information is on the arrival card that everyone has to complete. Which just confirms, I suppose, that filling in the information is completely pointless otherwise they wouldn't ask for it all again on an app.

2 - Not everyone has a smartphone, nor do they want one. Does this mean that anyone without a smartphone is now banned from entering the country? If not, what is the point of the app.

Can you imagine, Thailand becomes the first country in the world to ban people without a smartphone. Brilliantly thought out, as usual.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think those who don't do with smartphones before arrival will be assisted on arrival....

On the 10th March I flew from Bangkok to Tokyo to San Francisco then Ontario, California.  I do this 3 to 5 a year and I know the route very well... THIS TRIP was no different from any previous trips, with regard to 'virus checking'... I was worried to start but came home with no problems and 'relieved'.....

I am sure they were checking people with modern Temperature Scanners that weren't even visible..... I think if I had a fever they would have checked me.... SURE.... but I didn't (and travel was no different than before)

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The paper T.8 form may be handed out on the plane, it's definitely available on arrival. or you can download it and fill it in before/during your trip.

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/T8_form.pdf

See page 19 (of 20)

Thanks for this, @mtls2005. One less thing to hopefully not worry about. Just found out that Vietnam has added UK to travel ban for VOA and I've already booked my ticket. I read that you can still get a visa from the Vietnam embassy but I have my doubts about whether that will suffice on arrival

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Where on a TM6 do you list countries you've been in the past 14 days, what seat you where in on the flight and indicate any symptoms you may have?

Well stapling your boarding card to the TM6 would solve the seat number issue. Though good luck not getting the virus after the stapler handed round to 300 people !

9 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Thanks for this, @mtls2005. One less thing to hopefully not worry about. Just found out that Vietnam has added UK to travel ban for VOA and I've already booked my ticket. I read that you can still get a visa from the Vietnam embassy but I have my doubts about whether that will suffice on arrival

Stephen. Thinking your confused there. Vietnam has added UK to list of countries not able to obtain the 15 day visa EXEMPT.

Many countries cannot obtain visa exempt entry to Vietnam. Such as USA, Au, Canada etc etc.

You can still obtain an eVisa online or visa on arrival. Note for visa on arrival you need the "letter of approval" you obtain that online. Very simple

28 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Tried that....doesn't work LOL.  It'll get dropped by tomorrow morning anyway, once they realise how dumb it is!

I really hope so. I fly to Saigon tomorrow and return Monday. I don't even use a Sim. For me it's 100% wifi. Contact is only via email.

Fact is just another shoot from the hip nonsense. Zero thought has been put into it.

35 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The announcement on here, and in the app itself, says the apps the only way but, the newspaper that can't be linked states app or form and airlines already have the T8 download link (the link to the form in my post on page 1 is from Thai Airways).

Ah, thanks. I can't see the story you allude to online though. If that newspaper is right ( ... ), then that's all we need to know. No new phones required!

Edited by spinner2020

10 hours ago, Schmuddel said:
This app has access to:
l2htRLV5Mt-RZ6nroJCXy3OF_CqdntOsEetnLEjH1wC-WJWV00R5orcBWj0NMFKJVEQU6JhPYRBCKnj3_Q=s20Device ID & call information
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20Location
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20Photos/Media/Files
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20Camera
  • take pictures and videos
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20Storage
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20Phone
  • directly call phone numbers
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • run at startup
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • full network access

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOT&hl=en_US

Smartphones will be provided by Immigration    ????

I would use their phone. I do not want to willingly provide any government, much less the Thai army, with all of that information.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Besty676 said:

I fly from the UK tonight so tried to complete the info required on the App. Got to the load passport page and the App crashed.....3 attempts, 3 times it crashed....surprised?!? Not really

You expect too much. This is Thailand.????????????

Will this be like the immigration apps which are set to not install on any non Thai play store account ????

Sorry Thailand but you simply do not seem to have the IT skills for a project of this magnitude.. I havent seen a single Thai government website that functions, has accurate up to date info, etc etc. 

• Like 2