Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Salerno said:

Actually I have but thanks for the uneducated assumption.

Seriously?

The sole reason for the existence of the Thai Visa forum is inaccurate, inconsistent and contradictory information provided by the Thai Government, especially the Immigration Department.

For example, many Thai Embassy web sites insist that visitors entering visa exempt can only spend 26 weeks in Thailand even though this rules was revoked many years ago.  This is a frequent question on TV.  Ubon Joe must have go sick of correcting this unforgivable error.

Many parts of Thai Government web sites have not been updated for decades and feature at best illiterate English or worse no English at all.  For example The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs claims that the information on their web site is "Copyright © 2012-2014".  What a joke!

As you suggest, I can only assume that you are so much smarter than me that you are able to extract meaningful information from this sh*t show.

On 3/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, ICELANDMAN said:

and Facebook is vital for everyone.

Entirely without prejudice

Really? 
since when?

I have never been registered or used Facebook and I do not ever intend to put my picture or name on to a site that is really little more than a market place for Scammers, other criminal elements world wide and the real human rubbish, kiddie fiddlers and all for the sake of advertising.

If it was used solely for information or advising its users it would be a different matter.

I am very happy to say that I have absolutely NO use for that site, and I have never ever found a reason to use it.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, Sonhia said:

Millions of people visit Thailand and yet so few cases of Covid 19!!!??? Really!!!

I for one do not beleive that there are so few cases.

Time will tell. I have a feeling the figure will leap very high, if not already, and that  the truth is not being told, as is the usual case. After all, Thai cannot loose face.

Now that's what I call a refreshingly new take on things.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, mngmn said:

Insane!

The page accepted an entry date of 31st Feb 1920 and allowed me to upload a picture of Santa Claus instead of a passport.  All other fields were filled with rubbish entries.  I didn't save the form but many will probably spam the sh*t out of this as a perverse form of entertainment.

Some of the most amateurish cr*p software I have ever seen!

I wsa going to post that the app has now been updated and no longer redirects to the webpage but has everything now integrated.  However if just updated again and won't even run for me now.  It loaded an initial screen, asked to enable Bluetooth then hung up.

I've filled in a paper version just in case I'm asked later in the week.

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:17 AM, emptypockets said:

You do realise that the cloud is a fancy name of someone else's hardrive, where you give all your data to freely.

always makes me  laugh, save anything to the cloud/..................no  thanks Ill save it where "I"  know its safe

No problems with the AOT App; they need another digital rubbish App to fit into their Thailand 4.0 strategy.

I downloaded it and played with and will refrain from any obvious negative comments about its shortcomings.

IMHO go back to Thailand 1.0 and create a new multilingual paper form for on-arrivals with the additional information you require to collect.

That way you can mitigate all the embarrassing comments about the crappy mobile apps you continuously roll out with such gaping deficiencies. 

Yes, we can all have a bitch about more Thai government tracking paperwork required but due the severity of the COVD19 visus we will give you pass. 

Just crossed the border in the South, all they asked for was the T8 form, questionaire about possible symptoms and recent travels, even immigration was a pleasure to deal with, the immigration officer who was a lady even wished me a good day ! When i'd picked me backside up off the floor in shock i legged it across the border quick before they changed their mind...... Probably one of the nicest dealings with immigration in the last two years, maybe Big Oud's reigning em in......... Well done i say, in sharp contrast to the treatment under the Big BJ........  Wonder if he's got his door fixed yet ?  

On 3/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, SupermarineS6B said:

Just crossed the border in the South, all they asked for was the T8 form, questionaire about possible symptoms and recent travels, even immigration was a pleasure to deal with, the immigration officer who was a lady even wished me a good day ! When i'd picked me backside up off the floor in shock i legged it across the border quick before they changed their mind...... Probably one of the nicest dealings with immigration in the last two years, maybe Big Oud's reigning em in......... Well done i say, in sharp contrast to the treatment under the Big BJ........  Wonder if he's got his door fixed yet ?  

Arrived on the 20th, did an update of the iOS app the day after and had to sign in again, but not able to do so, due to an issue with the login provider, need to fill in my daily health info, but that isn’t possible, contacted AOT but they can’t do much, all they say is be patiënt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

On my way into the Kingdom this weekend. Just tried to download this app. Is this still needed?! I tried to download and tried to update my info and got errors all around. 

I am thinking of printing out a T8 form and be done with it.

Also, did anyone see this form from awhile back the PR facebook was pushing??

It's as longs as a book.

T8_form.pdf?fbclid=IwAR24jIcS2TlLiX_C3su