Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Mac98 said:t does, however, fetch fetching ladies, fast food, and faster taxis. That's good enough.

If you had a smartphone you’d be able to do all of the above much easier & with more choice...

Girls:TF, Badoo, Tinder. WeChat etc...

Food:Grab, FoodPanda etc...

Taxi:Grab

plus a myriad of other things (online Banking/shopping, pay bills, book tickets etc... 

honestly don’t know how I would cope without one, e.g. I’m island hoping for 3 weeks, left the laptop at hone just need my mobile & chromecast stick Incase I want to watch a bit of Netflix/Amazon Prime on the hotel TV).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Snatur, yes why? Privacy you concerned about? If so you don't have any anymore. Anywhere.

While in New Zealand my daughter and her husband both have hitec phones. I didn't believe them when they told me that our conversations were being monitored even when the phones were not in use. After having conversations about types of music we liked and things that were needed around the house for example, I couldn't believe it when the next day it came up on their phones and my laptop adverts for those things. Big Brother is definitely here, with a vengeance.

• Like 2

And if you fly domestically from an independant airport like Samui Airport owned by Bangkok Air, 

you are departing a country with a serious COVID-19 infestation and arriving at an AOT airport.

On arriving at Swampy, where we KNOW and immigration official is infested....

do you need this app to show you are safe from

a disease only possibly CAUGHT in Thailand?

Haven't left the country in over a year, but have to fly to Bkk. Whats the buzz?

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still people out there without smartphones. A store to buy on arrival?

Yes indeed - I still have my simple 3G Samsung mobile. I wonder who is going to implement this at "points of entry" - Immigration, Tourist Police, Security staff, Uncle Tom Cobly and all??? So what do I say - sorry mate cannot do and wait for the response!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The information can be provided through immigration form TM8 or an application developed by the National Science and Technology Development Agency that can be downloaded from Thursday.

"and then the parachute opens and the phone lands at the airport! What do you think?" 

b5c758aa974f0625ceae6a362633c02f.jpg.db46c1cb7cf91f85300b74105531369d.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you had a smartphone you’d be able to do all of the above much easier & with more choice...

Girls:TF, Badoo, Tinder. WeChat etc...

Food:Grab, FoodPanda etc...

Taxi:Grab

plus a myriad of other things (online Banking/shopping, pay bills, book tickets etc... 

honestly don’t know how I would cope without one, e.g. I’m island hoping for 3 weeks, left the laptop at hone just need my mobile & chromecast stick Incase I want to watch a bit of Netflix/Amazon Prime on the hotel TV).

You used to cope without one didn't you?  The privacy, data mining, is what turns me off from using one.  never had one.  May get one some day when my 3g voice and text only flip top gives out or the networks stop supporting 3g as they did for my old 2g phone. 

Nothing says welcome to Thailand better than having to install an app with GPS tracking active. I'm just wondering how much will it take to keep the last tourist out, IOs shooting with live ammo when you arrive? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

You used to cope without one didn't you?  The privacy, data mining, is what turns me off from using one.  never had one.  May get one some day when my 3g voice and text only flip top gives out or the networks stop supporting 3g as they did for my old 2g phone. 

Yep, used to cope fine without one just like my ancestors coped without electricity, running water, inside toilet, sliced bread etc... ???? 

Joking aside, I understand people’s concerns around privacy with the AOT app & will only be loading it on my old smartphone that I use when traveling, just wanted to highlight the fact that these devices can be useful tools 

I’m sure you could pick up a cheap Android device for 1-2000 THB, worth it for Google Maps alone.

Edited by Mike Teavee

2 hours ago, balo said:

My understanding is the app is not mandatory, so for you folks without a smart phone just fill out a form when you arrive.

The problem is lack of clarity. Also the saying "lost in translation" comes to mind.

For example "medical certificate" to most westerners would certificate provided by medical practitioner. However it might just mean a form you fill in and sign.

3 weeks ago flying into Saigon we all were handed form to fill in on the plane. X box statement. Today I fly there again, on return Monday I have no idea what they require here in Thailand. Think I will print out a tm8 to take with me. However it's hard to know what they want.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anotify said:

What's wrong with a paper form  ?

The virus lives on it :coffee1:

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Isn't all this info already on the TM6?

As already pointed out , no.

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

And does this App automatically send the data to a system, or do you have to hand your virus laden phone to Immigration?

Yes and yes, fill it in, submit - data goes into system, show confirmation screen to IO.

--

Bottom line, print T8, fill in before landing, hand to IO ... ignore app unless/until they 100% enforce it. So far doesn't look like the IOs know what to do with the T8 as a guy was handed his back yesterday 555

40 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The virus lives on it :coffee1:

As already pointed out , no.

Yes and yes, fill it in, submit - data goes into system, show confirmation screen to IO.

--

Bottom line, print T8, fill in before landing, hand to IO ... ignore app unless/until they 100% enforce it. So far doesn't look like the IOs know what to do with the T8 as a guy was handed his back yesterday 555

A p**s up in a brewery springs to mind.

• Haha 2