Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the United States to fight coronavirus

webfact

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

On a more somber note, the stock market now more accurately reflects the kind of job the POTUS has been doing these past three years. 

It's apparent and very obvious you don't know what your talking about! 

"The coronavirus outbreak and the fear that it could become a pandemic is crushing stocks. The Dow fell 1,000 points in back-to-back days in what it the worst week for stocks since the 2008 financial crisis, leading many to wonder if this could become a full-on stock market crash".

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/history-of-stock-market-crashes-14702941

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Us is #8 now, but will be #5 soon. And possibly #4. The extent to which this stunningly incompetent administration is handling this, they could become #2 quite easily. Now, wouldn't that be something? And they always claim to be #1! I have long been saying the US health care system is nowhere near as good as they like to say. However, there are alot of very good, and very earnest doctors and technicians out there, that are simply waiting to get their hands on those long promised, but undelivered kits. How far from the truth Mike Pence has strayed on this one. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Why haven't  the media shown disdain or criticism in the past and especially the present on  the flu since it dwarfs the death toll of CV, 12k, this flu season in the USA ! 

They are hyping the CR and it's obvious! 

Have you seen anybody praise the POTUS for his efforts  in restricting  China travel, or praising the task force for their efforts other then  the GOP and  non msm sources, No! 

The dems and msm should be setting aside their differences. What have they done to support the POTUS  and  government departments in its efforts in fighting this virus, except to blame!  What does that accomplish, but more animosity !

"Right now, most Americans are simply fed up. 

The combination of myriad, simultaneous crises (coronavirus pandemic, the stock market free fall, election hacking and freakish weather events), a peevish hyperpartisan Congress that is stalled, and an increasingly politicized and hysterical opinion-based media have created a vicious and anxiety-ridden culture". 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/487061-in-a-divided-america-misery-is-looking-for-company

Ok, since you refuse to read anything from the MSM, how about this from Fox News...

[“At best, this could be 10 times worse than a bad flu season,” she said. “At worst, it could result in a pandemic that claims the lives of millions of Americans.”]

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-outbreak-worst-could-claim-millions-expert-warns

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

555555.....Trump is quick to take credit for the market going up, he can surely be man enough to take credit when it tanks. 

lol He should take credit when its his efforts that brought about the the strongest economy which was reflected in the pre CV

Unfortunately, he has no control of the Dow futures and the world economy  and what every expert has said is the reason for the stock crash.

You can continue with your opinion !  While I show sources in my previous post

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 4:16 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed there is nothing to worry about.

i mean, you can't stop all life and work and travel because of a virus.

it is just imposible.

way more people will die because of the unprecedented economic crisis that 

this travel and movement ban will create, than from this virus.

it is the idiots from the WHO who drive the world crazy.

they are too hysteric and academic. 

you can't stop life in order to stop a virus from spreading.

soon they will realise it and all will go back to normal, with new 

virus in the air.

Sounds a bit like someone defining the black plague.  Yes, all the swordmakers stop working so many more people lost their lives.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

However, there are alot of very good, and very earnest doctors and technicians out there, that are simply waiting to get their hands on those long promised, but undelivered kits.

whats a kit gonna do when folks should take responsiblity for themselves and the communtiy by washing their hands, avoiding crowds, staying home if  theyare sick.

Someone starts feeling a fever? Stay Home. Call your doc. Wash your hands. You will get tested. But testing matters not if folks with filthy germ encrusted hands go out spewing on healthy folks. Nobody wants any germs, no matter what it is, and I would rather have the Chinese Flu than a dose of some Consumption.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest from the U.S.:

An Australian government minister tested positive for the virus just days after meeting with Ivanka Trump and other U.S. officials.

Peter Dutton, the home affairs minister, said he woke up with a fever and sore throat Friday and would be checking into a hospital. Last week, Dutton was photographed standing directly next to the president’s daughter and a few feet away from U.S. Attorney General William P. Barr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/13/coronavirus-latest-news/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Why haven't  the media shown disdain or criticism in the past and especially the present on  the flu since it dwarfs the death toll of CV, 12k, this flu season in the USA ! 

They are hyping the CR and it's obvious! 

Have you seen anybody praise the POTUS for his efforts  in restricting  China travel, or praising the task force for their efforts other then  the GOP and  non msm sources, No! 

The dems and msm should be setting aside their differences. What have they done to support the POTUS  and  government departments in its efforts in fighting this virus, except to blame!  What does that accomplish, but more animosity !

"Right now, most Americans are simply fed up. 

The combination of myriad, simultaneous crises (coronavirus pandemic, the stock market free fall, election hacking and freakish weather events), a peevish hyperpartisan Congress that is stalled, and an increasingly politicized and hysterical opinion-based media have created a vicious and anxiety-ridden culture". 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/487061-in-a-divided-america-misery-is-looking-for-company

Well, he’s just reaping what he sowed. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Logosone said:

Since the chief UK medical adviser has publicly stated that the UK has between 5000 and 10000 cases and is merely 'behind the curve' in terms of infections one has to say Trump's decision to exclude the UK looks like a major mistake.

From the tone of Trumps announcement where he petulantly accused Europe of not doing enough and being to blame for US infections it seems the banning decision was made in anger, as a political decision, rather than being based on sound advice.

One would think that Trump is getting similar advice, that recorded cases are only one-tenth of actual cases. So he must have known what the UK figures were roughly.

So if he is protecting Americans from covid19 cases in Europe, why not from those in the UK? If they really have 10000 cases like the UK chief medical officer says how is the UK different?

Trump's ban is on those from the Schengen area. Schengen allows free movement, without passports or border checks for more than 400 million people across highly infected countries. The UK and Ireland are not in Schengen. 

That said, once the number of identified cases in the UK starts to rise rapidly, I'm sure Trump will extend his ban to the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

lol He should take credit when its his efforts that brought about the the strongest economy which was reflected in the pre CV

Unfortunately, he has no control of the Dow futures and the world economy  and what every expert has said is the reason for the stock crash.

You can continue with your opinion !  While I show sources in my previous post

Please define the strongest economy. Trump claimed the best growth figures ever on a Fox town hall the other day. Is that true?

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Trump's ban is on those from the Schengen area. Schengen allows free movement, without passports or border checks for more than 400 million people across highly infected countries. The UK and Ireland are not in Schengen. 

That said, once the number of identified cases in the UK starts to rise rapidly, I'm sure Trump will extend his ban to the UK. 

Soon we will start to see the true figures for US infections (Remember the US with c. 350 million is testing the same sort of numbers as Korea, and Trump refused additional funding to prepare for a pandemic).

Once the number of identified cases in the US starts to rise rapidly, I'm sure the rest of the world will extend their ban to the US. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The response in Germany is a disgrace, to be sure, but then look at what Profefssor John Ashton, former public health chief in England is saying, that Bahrain's response is better than the UK's, they're doing more texting, that huge mistakes were made in not screening people. He was just on sky news saying the UK does not have enough test kits.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-cases-john-ashton-nhs-hospital-covid-19-budget-a9396211.html

It's all well talking about the Schengen area, but if there are 10,000 cases in the UK, as the chief medical advisor in the uk has said, aren't there people flying to the US from London? Why are the cases in the UK not a danger for the US. I don't  comprehend the US logic here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

He's done people a favour here.

. Only 10,000 people tested in the USA to date. 

- An infected cruise ship docking and 3000 passenger sent all over America which wasn't picked up for 2 weeks. 

- Illegal immigrant who wont come forwards or go to hospital because of deportation fears.

- No welfare so they have to work even if they are sick.

. 44 million have no health insurance

. 38 million more with inadequate insurance

- $1000 cost for a Coronavirus test.

Come on..    

I think I'd rather go to Wuhan. It would be safer.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ivanka Trump is pictured with Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton (next to her in a black suit and pink tie) in this picture tweeted by the Australian embassy in the US. That's now two direct face to face contacts with confirmed positives with the Trump family. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-ivanka-trump-stood-with-peter-dutton-before-positive-test-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

Ivanka Trump, Dutton

Edited by URMySunshine

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I am not sure if you understand Schengen. It allows visitors from outside the area to move between the countries signed up to the agreement. It does not stop residents traveling to the UK. That said Trump does have three? golf courses in the UK.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Soon we will start to see the true figures for US infections (Remember the US with c. 350 million is testing the same sort of numbers as Korea, and Trump refused additional funding to prepare for a pandemic).

Once the number of identified cases in the US starts to rise rapidly, I'm sure the rest of the world will extend their ban to the US. 

The U.S. is still nowhere near testing all the people presenting with symptoms that should be tested, due to the continuing shortage of testing kits. But the trendline is already there (from today's New York Times):

1343666632_2020-03-1319_37_51.jpg.9ceefe5c279dda4615efc6b3a8a348ec.jpg

16 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Ivanka Trump is pictured with Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton (next to her in a black suit and pink tie) in this picture tweeted by the Australian embassy in the US. That's now two direct face to face contacts with confirmed positives with the Trump family. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-ivanka-trump-stood-with-peter-dutton-before-positive-test-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

Ivanka Trump, Dutton

Lots of heavy breathing going on there.... I'd be worried!  :biggrin:

27 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I am not sure if you understand Schengen. It allows visitors from outside the area to move between the countries signed up to the agreement. It does not stop residents traveling to the UK. That said Trump does have three? golf courses in the UK.

I think that's what Professor John Ashton was complaining about, that people who came to the UK from Italy have not been tested at all.

So I really don't get how the UK is excluded from the ban. The logic seems flawed.

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Lots of heavy breathing going on there.... I'd be worried!  :biggrin:

She'll be fine as she has a fine pair of lungs and coronavirus wouldn't dare  ! That short guy must have had a right eyeful when talking 'face to face'....Also good to see Ivanka taking a key role in helping US foreign policy given her vast experience and knowledge. She has no doubt inherited daddies genius in all things. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 2