Covid-19: ALL fake news! Don't share reports of foreigners dying in Thailand - it's rubbish, say Thais

webfact

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

All the non-Thai stations that broadcast on 'True' have been censored. France 24, Aljazeera, RT etc. As soon as a news thread about Thailand is about to be shown it is blocked; with a message apologising and that normal service will soon resume.

Really? Can we get another confirnation of this? If so, it would mean a serious escalation of Thailand starting to use China's commie playbook.

• Confused 1

"Petchaburi: A hospital was closed and deep cleaned after the death of a foreigner from Covid-19. Yes, a foreigner had been to China and died after falling unconscious from chest pains. But an a check revealed no Covid-19."

Seems a bit drastic to close a hospital down and deep clean it just because a foreigner who had been to China died after falling unconscious from chest pains - overkill or being a bit niggardly with the truth?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

Thais are big blabbermouths. No wonder the 'ghosts' got caught so easily. Under the current circumstances, you'd have to be a moron to post your flight details and then a picture of eating out at a chain restaurant a day later. Besides, who cares?! Thais think their 'friends' care you are eating out at Sukishi? Who gives a <deleted>? What's next, sharing a picture of you on the can? I say to these 'ghosts' and any of the other social media users: get a life! Don't you realize Facebook is actually a tool for surveillance and that anything you post there becomes public instantly? Gosh. Not very bright these 'ghosts'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

All the non-Thai stations that broadcast on 'True' have been censored. France 24, Aljazeera, RT etc. As soon as a news thread about Thailand is about to be shown it is blocked; with a message apologising and that normal service will soon resume.

Really? Since when? This is frightening.

Just last week in Laos, a country known to have even less freedom of the press than Thailand, all these channels (RT, France 24, Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN etc.) were available. Many hotels in Laos use True...but probably not the hotels I stayed in (or I didn't notice).

However, at this time Laos is mysteriously quiet regarding the virus situation...all we know is that they have sealed off the Golden Triangle border to Chinese and Burmese, and all China crossings have been shut with the exception of the main Boten/Mohan crossing, which no longer offers visa on arrival to anyone and is only open for essential trade and travel. The Vietnamese are screening travelers coming across the Lao and Cambodian borders. Aside from that, Laos is still pretty much 'business as usual'.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

I have just returned from Thailand with the amount of Chinese tourists in December I believe it to be real news not fake at all.

That was December. Indeed there were a lot of Chinese traveling in Thailand then. I saw Chinese cars (now required to be accompanied by a guide) for the first time in over a year. One group was doing like a 10 country tour - they were headed into Myanmar from Mae Sot when I saw them on their last day in Thailand. Their final destination before heading home was India, I believe. Now they'd lucky to be allowed into any of the countries they visited just a few months ago - Thailand being the latest to make it more difficult - no more visas on arrival, for visas in advance a medical certificate is now required to get a visa AND another one to get on a plane to Thailand. No wonder visitors from China have since dried up. The only ones left are those that arrived some time ago and are waiting things out in Thailand.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, his name is Anutin, and he has absolutely no experience in the field of health. To say he is in way over his head, would be one of the truly great understatements. He is an engineer. Knows nothing about medicine. His appointment, like 98% of Thai ministerial appointments, was based entirely on cronyism, and had nothing to do with merit. That is the Thai army. A true BOB (bottom of the barrel) organization. 

Anuthin is heir to a major construction company fortune. His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport. An engineer, Anuthin served as president of Sino-Thai. He has over the years been a member of many political parties such as the National Development Party, Thai Rai, and the Bhumjaithai Party. 

i heard that Trump is working on his MD?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. I recall reading at least one country is releasing a lot of less heinous criminals for that reason. Of course if the people being released are already infected, that wouldn't be good. 

I'm starting to think the subset of experts that are saying it's likely that the majority of the world will be infected are correct. The remainder that wouldn't be will have dodged it until a vaccine that comes out which might take 18 months.

The tactics now appear to be delaying cases rather than containment so that health care systems aren't too overwhelmed at one time.

Yes, that is being clearly articulated by the Australian government, control the volume of infected persons to not overwhelm the acute care facilities necessary for the most vulnerable. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

You are doubting it , but in the same time your sure the numbers are higher ???????? common wich one is it make up your mind . 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Petchaburi: A hospital was closed and deep cleaned after the death of a foreigner from Covid-19. Yes, a foreigner had been to China and died after falling unconscious from chest pains. But an a check revealed no Covid-19.

Speaks volumes, who closes a hospital for a deep clean after a death, for no good reason?

2 hours ago, smedly said:

when people you know have an illness and go to hospital who is it that tells what their illness is e.g. they have a lung infection, well a doctor of course, and if they die - what "exactly" they died of - a lung infection whether in hospital or at home - well a doctor, who is going to tell you if they tested them for covid 19 ?....did they or didn't they ?, do you think doctors here will say what they are instructed to say ?

No. I do not. They are not pets or dogs. They are medical professionals, and many take their jobs and people's lives very seriously. The army is weak and hapless. Few are afraid of them. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You are doubting it , but in the same time your sure the numbers are higher ???????? common wich one is it make up your mind . 

The numbers are higher no doubt. 11 new cases were just reported. But, not to the extent many on this forum claim. It is just not possible. We would know. Thais cannot keep this a secret, if relatives are very sick or dying. The doctors would not cooperate with this hapless administration. The army is weak.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. I do not. They are not pets or dogs. They are medical professionals, and many take their jobs and people's lives very seriously. The army is weak and hapless. Few are afraid of them. 

I see

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I just got back from visiting some people in Nong Plalai prison. I am told that an entire wing has been emptied of people to house 8 inmates suspected of having the virus. I am hoping that they are just sick with something else, because if it gets going in there, thousands will get it in no time, given they are packed in like sardines. Keeping the lid on that one would be extremely tough.

Don't worry, the Thai government will hide and deny anyone has the virus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I would bet that the Thai government are monitoring all the social media sites and blocking anything with the word virus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. I recall reading at least one country is releasing a lot of less heinous criminals for that reason. Of course if the people being released are already infected, that wouldn't be good. 

I'm starting to think the subset of experts that are saying it's likely that the majority of the world will be infected are correct. The remainder that wouldn't be will have dodged it until a vaccine that comes out which might take 18 months.

The tactics now appear to be delaying cases rather than containment so that health care systems aren't too overwhelmed at one time.

Given there is no vaccine for the common cold, which is itself a form or corona virus, how sure are you there will be a vaccine?

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thailand has a fake news department?  Are they responsible for eradicating it spreading or? 

They got a fake News Department for one reason only ,To stop the Real news and than publish the fake news because they don't want the Public to know how bad the Real news is . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1