Vietnam to Thailand entry

I am currently in Vietnam and have a flight booked to Thailand in 2 weeks time, I hope to stay in Thailand for 1 month, are there any travel restrictions in place ? I am a UK citizen

Thanks Bruce, I will continue to monitor the situation. We are going to "Jomtien" which I have been told by friends there that all is OK ?.  I know Vietnam have stopped the 14 day free entry into Vietnam so can now only come in on a Visa. 

Roy, I'm currently in Saigon. Fly back to Bangkok on Monday morning. Will post what is required then.

There was statement made by AOT seems there may be extra form to fill in. Possibly TM8. It also mentioned downloading an AOT app but that seems crazy and unworkable.

I checked with airlines at departure DMK, no one had any information.

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

That is the application form for a re-entry permit.

Yes. Realize that however there is current thread in "Thailand News" regarding AOT announcement. Some posts there referring to TM8. Along with AOT application where various info would be stored for entry to Thailand via airports controlled by AOT.

Reads like a fairytale.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It is a T8.

It is not a immigration form.

Yes thanks. I have just done a search "T8 form Thailand" and it gives much more clear explanation of AOT requirement. 

Can just submit the form on arrival. Most likely collected by clerks just prior to passport control.

At Saigon they formed lines to collect forms then you continued to immigration lines.. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

No restrictions yet but if I was you I would stay there and head to a nice beach area and relax.

Good point. You never know. But he needn't restrict himself to there. Being a UK citizen, he can get visa-free unrestricted entry to the UK. Book to MAN and just head to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Yeah. Great sites and the finest cuisine, legendary fish & chips. Pubs. Friendly natives. Beauty. 

I came from Hanoi to BKK on Wed. 11th and had no issues (except I put my non O visa number on the entry form where it asked for visa number, but the IO wanted the number on my re-entry permit there instead). Was not checked in any way, but I agree with the post above that anything can happen in two weeks.

So this is current take on things. If entering Thailand via ATO airports you need fill in T8 tick box form. Also with flight details address etc. Simple. Most likely handed out on plane..(was same for my flight DMK to Saigon Friday). 

The AOT app announcement was just confusing rubbish. 

As for the medical certificate (which would be difficult) that was only for "highly infected countries). Obviously China, Sth Korea, Italy, Iran etc.

However right now in Thaivisa news thread there have been SEVERAL countries added to that list. Including USA and several EU countries. 

Enjoy

21 hours ago, Enzian said:

but the IO wanted the number on my re-entry permit there instead).

it's always the re-entry permit if one has to use one to renter Thiland. If one has a visa and use the visa to enter Thailand, then a visa number must be entered in the entry form.