Pattaya Video: British pensioner badly hurt in fall down hole in poorly lit street

webfact

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Indeed and I've fallen into some deep holes down Soi/6 .. So be careful out there ..

I find tying my ankles to something suitable prevents disasters like this...........:clap2:

• Haha 2

A similar thing almost happened to me in Hat Yai about 9 years ago. Walking at night, pitch black, huge hole in pavement and no barriers. Luckily I spotted it at the last minute.

Thais seem to have a sixth sense for pavement hazards. Never seen my wife trip or fall but often happens to me.

20 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

If the foreigner hadn't be here, the accident wouldn't have happened.

That's so existential. Kierkegaard?

20 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's the foreigner's fault. Thais don't make mistakes. 

As is obvious, foreigners make mistakes all the time. But it's never their fault.

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry for the guy ,but honestly why did he not see the barriers? there are enough of them .

When I looked at the video I felt I might try negotiating the side where the holes were, purely not to be in the traffic. Unwise, and easy to slide in with all the loose sand. 

Just when you don't expect it that's Pattaya. I walked into a scaffolding bar over the pavement in Pattaya Klang and nearly lost an eye because of a electrical box hanging off a lamp post. It's no walk in the park there ! Take care my friends !

On 3/13/2020 at 1:16 PM, worgeordie said:

Poor b*gger,I hope they don't charge him for hospital bills,

the road is not just badly lit,its just about pitch black,

regards worgeordie

No they charged him for not having a work permit and working down a hole. I know him he can't believe it's online. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:32 PM, Muzzique said:

If someone started licking me at the airport after I arrived in Thailand from Wuhan (or anywhere), I guarantee the odds of being instantly hospitalized would be very high. 

depends on the gender, where she is licking and what she looks like.

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

nah, a go fund me will start..

"J" thanks everyone for their concern and is happily going along with his normal life,save for a couple of strategic plasters...a torch has been donated by Mr.DIY and he,s available most afternoons at his usual hostelry and anyone seeking autographs are welcome upon a 20 baht donation to his beer fund.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1