Nice surprise at Jomtien Immigration

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Apparently the marriage extensions can sometimes have you facing the dragon lady. 

I hear so often this ,but when i changed from retirement to marriage ,she was as nice as pie to me and the wife , she talked and smiled  all the time ,as i have said before i just sat and smiled ,let the wife talk 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

can sometimes have you facing the dragon lady. 

Sometimes ? she is always there whenever I go in..always finds something wrong with my paperwork..this year it was the bank book hadn't been updated for a while so the bank aggregated the entries..had to go back and get a full 3 month statement from the bank also  the 2 sets of documents where to be arranged in a very specific order,sign every page,get new queue number wait again..I always look dumb,just can't help myself ????

17 minutes ago, johng said:

Sometimes ? she is always there whenever I go in..always finds something wrong with my paperwork..this year it was the bank book hadn't been updated for a while so the bank aggregated the entries..had to go back and get a full 3 month statement from the bank also  the 2 sets of documents where to be arranged in a very specific order,sign every page,get new queue number wait again..I always look dumb,just can't help myself ????

So what! These are the requirements. If your BB is not updated over a longer period, it does not prove the 2-months before rule. And yes, you have to sign each of the thousand copies - what a mess!

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So what!

its never knowing  "what" the exact requirements are !

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

And yes, you have to sign each of the thousand copies - what a mess!

Ahh so you have seen my signature ????

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

its what i did before changing ,,just needed a few little things and some photocopies on the day ,but hell its only once a year ,i think i can manage that????

Easily managed. I check about the latest requirements (mostly the same) and just change the dates on the forms on my computer and print out a set. Sign 'em all, hit the bank on the way to Jomtien, and it all goes smoothly. And I'm prepared for a wait, go have a bite & a cold one, read a book, listen to some MP3s, catch up on some phone calls, answer email and surf around. Why some find it so difficult and even throw away money agents I dunno.

15 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Which sections would that be? Yesterday and the day before I made the retirement extension, the 90-day-report, the re-entry permit and a certificate of residency each on different desks and was treated at all of them professionally and politely.

I was always treated professionially and politely by the Tourist and TM-30 desks as well.  Like you, I assumed those with issues must just not have their stuff together.

But then, I got married to a Thai, and experienced the visa-change and marriage desks, who do not follow the official list of requirements and are anything put polite.  I met every official requirement to the letter, but it made NO difference.

Yet, if you go next door and pay an agent a bunch of money, the "unpublished requirements" vanish, along with many of the "real" requirements.  That's not how I define "professional."

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I always renew my one-year extension of staying early but I always get the new one expiring on the same date as the old one except for one year it looks like you got shorted it was up in May and they gave you till March 30 TIT

Where does it show March 30th? I see the stamp May 24th, 2021 and the application date is March 12th, 2020.

23 hours ago, dabhand said:

Best I had done,at Jomtien, was about 40 days before expiry date. So your 73 days is quite a result. Well done.

Nothing ventured..........

Did they maybe confuse MAR with MAY and still went through with it? I have never heard about a renewal earlier than 45 days at Jomtien Immigration and that was with a very good reason. 

23 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

That's not really useful information, without naming the desk/service.  It's night and day from one to the other.

Exactly, especially if you compare desk 7 (conversion/change of visa) with desk 8 (retirement extension). 

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

That's not really useful information, without naming the desk/service.  It's night and day from one to the other.

I have used many desks/areas.  I am on retirement visa.  Do the 90 day,  TM30.  Have gotten re-entry permits.  I have gotten address certified for my drivers license and bought a motorbike.  All good.  Never any problems  But I always come with many copies and try to bring what is needed. Talk nicely and smile is always good advise.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Which sections would that be? Yesterday and the day before I made the retirement extension, the 90-day-report, the re-entry permit and a certificate of residency each on different desks and was treated at all of them professionally and politely.

Yes, whenever I've gone to Jomtien for whatever purpose I've found everyone to be accommodating and pleasant. I've never understood why some people have so much difficulty.

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Did they maybe confuse MAR with MAY and still went through with it? I have never heard about a renewal earlier than 45 days at Jomtien Immigration and that was with a very good reason. 

Doubt that as the reentry permit is dated exactly the same. I gave them no reason just submited the paperwork and they accepted and processed it.

I find it one of the better offices.

Have also been treated professionally.

It is usually super busy in a small space.

One would have to ask themselves:  Would you want to work there?

I think they do the best they can considering.

7 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

Never tried to present the right paperwork? 

Yes I try to present the right paperwork every time...the trouble (and whole point) is you dont know exactly what is the correct paperwork (this year) untill she has gone through meticulously checking what you presented...I read this forum and take note of other people's experiences which helps a lot anticipating...but every time there is "something"