Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 82

rooster59

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does these mean for those that transit through S. Korea, this is a must if coming from say the United States.  I am confused. In order to get the certificate of medical clearance it saysValid document for COVID-19 lab test.  Now how in the hell is one supposed to get that if you can not get tested.  Guess they just signed there end as an Airline (Korean Air).......

I believe it is Thailand enforcing this not Korea

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does these mean for those that transit through S. Korea, this is a must if coming from say the United States.  I am confused. In order to get the certificate of medical clearance it saysValid document for COVID-19 lab test.  Now how in the hell is one supposed to get that if you can not get tested.  Guess they just signed there end as an Airline (Korean Air).......

Let me help with the confusion... don't travel if you can avoid it. Airlines, governments are up in arms about what to do. Including Thailand which has been like the keystone cops in dealing with this thing. The response to the problem is volatile and constantly changing as things progress. Best to not travel right now and avoid problems during travel. I had to cancel my trip to the states this month... Korean air constantly changed their flight schedules on me and then finally altogether cancelled Incheon to LAX

Edited by likerdup1

8 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Let me help with the confusion... don't travel if you can avoid it. Airlines, governments are up in arms about what to do. Including Thailand which has been like the keystone cops in dealing with this thing. The response to the problem is volatile and constantly changing as things progress. Best to not travel right now and avoid problems during travel. I had to cancel my trip to the states this month... Korean air constantly changed their flight schedules on me and then finally altogether cancelled Incheon to LAX

And in another development to illustrate just how confused the Thai government is in how to respond to the problem.. they have reversed some of the the travel restrictions just 24 hours after issuing them. A new three stooges episode could be made...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/03/12/govt-cancels-order-cancelling-visa-on-arrivals/

This, in my opinion is an alert to continue to be aware and watch out and be careful about what you are doing while in LOS. Avoid crowded places, wash hands, the usual common sense hygiene as advised by the CDC.

The Thai Gov does not know the appropriate response to the problem nor has adequate resources to properly deal with it.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does these mean for those that transit through S. Korea, this is a must if coming from say the United States.

From the KoreanAir website: Thailand

• Anyone who has departed from South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy or Iran must prepare the followings. (as of Mar 10, this is not applied to passengers transiting through those countries)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Don’t worry. He won’t be going to prison for computer crimes as he’s officially been confirmed to have covid19. Thank god, huh. 

He must feel relieved to only be in the hospital for CV -- and not facing a govt. Computer Crimes Act prosecution... Lucky guy!!!  :crazy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Misty said:

Front page story in today's Bangkok Post. The headline is:  "Actor Matthew Deane has coronavirus"  The article says Matthew Deane also owns a Muay Thai gym (now closed) and tested positive at Ramathibodi Hospital. Channel 3 has closed a floor where Matthew worked.  Meanwhile, his positive test is not confirmed in Thailand because two tests are required.

His case seems to be one of the confirmed ones that the MoPH finally announced today, as mentioned in one of the OP articles now in this thread (one that I think was added after the original OP posting).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

Which reports? Where did they appear?

The daily situation reports from the Thai Dept of Disease Control that are posted in EN, sometimes a day or two after the same docs are posted in TH.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

Also, for a look at how things are now compared to one month back, you can look at the post I did below looking at the DDC's own data.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, Timwin said:

Coronavirus does not survive nowhere nearly as well in hot and humid 30 C than in below 10 C, the optimum. That is why we are not seeing Thailand becoming a new Italy or any tropical countries suffering a major epidemic. There will be cases but not in huge numbers. Community spreading is much more difficult here due to climate. 

Rising numbers in Malaysia, Indo, Brazil etc beg to differ. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You could go back and re-read the very first line of the notice ........the bit about transit passengers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Covid19 is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS.

There are reports of a kid getting it from a autographed photo of a athlete who tested positive.

All the politicians who acted like nothing was wrong or met unknowingly with Covid19 positive people are all dropping like flies now all over the world.

Seattle hospitals saying they are one day away from becoming Italy. Totally overwhelmed.

those of you who are still out in the bars with another person sitting right next to you are helping spread this <deleted>.

Traveling right now unnecessary should be a criminal offense. 

i could not imagine being in Crazy House Bangkok during this time. the number of south Koreans, Japanese, AU, UK, EU, USA types in there is off the scale.         

I read that you can get it by just talking to someone ... use the phone is better

What about your gik's ... ? Not too boring ...?

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bermondburi said:

Rising numbers in Malaysia, Indo, Brazil etc beg to differ. 

I think the virus has mutated to be more virulent and heat resistant as if late. There was a long period in hot countries with next to no cases, but now they are finally shooting up. Just a hunch though. Also checking death to recovery rates in EU / US is scary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

Of the 5,173 PUI cases, laboratory results revealed that 3,490 cases returned negative for the COVID-19 virus, and results are pending for remaining 1,683 PUI.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no69-120363.pdf

The "real" figures are hidden in the report. Fact is that Thailand is extremely slow in testing.

In the early goings of this, they were running a backlog of a couple hundred PUI cases awaiting test results... Then that backlog began to get some attention in the TH news media, specifically the BKK Post. They then publicly promised they'd eliminate the backlog, and then promptly stopped publicly reporting the backlog data for much of February. (That's one way of eliminating a problem...)

Now in the past week or two, without any explanation that's at least made it into any of the EN language news sources, the daily backlog number is appearing in their daily status reports again. And instead of a few hundred as at the beginning, now it's in the 1700 to 1900 range depending on the particular day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeN said:

You could go back and re-read the very first line of the notice ........the bit about transit passengers.

• Anyone who has departed from South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy or Iran must prepare the followings. (as of Mar 10, this is not applied to passengers transiting through those countries)
   1) Vaild document for COVID-19 lab test result (negative)
   2) Medical certificate issued within 48 hours to prove that they are negative for COVID-19 : must use the following designated forms in English

Download 1(General Passengers) Open in new window    /  Download 2(Nationals of Thailand who overstayed in Korea and returning back to Thailand) Open in new window 

3) Foreign nationals (except for nationals of Thailand) must present a health insurance document that covers at least amount of 100,000 US dollars.
• All passengers entering Thailand should be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

the bit about transit passengers, found it at the end of the first line, sorry I glossed over it in my haste looking at the medical certificate....

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

I've got a cough just reading this thread

Don't read the PM2.5 threads or you'll get a fever too and then you're toast, off to the tent city in Buriram for two weeks.

Edited by DrTuner

7 minutes ago, Mung said:

I think the virus has mutated to be more virulent and heat resistant as if late. There was a long period in hot countries with next to no cases, but now they are finally shooting up. Just a hunch though. Also checking death to recovery rates in EU / US is scary

That delay is more likely due to not being able to test at all.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Covid19 is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS.

There are reports of a kid getting it from a autographed photo of a athlete who tested positive.

All the politicians who acted like nothing was wrong or met unknowingly with Covid19 positive people are all dropping like flies now all over the world.

Seattle hospitals saying they are one day away from becoming Italy. Totally overwhelmed.

those of you who are still out in the bars with another person sitting right next to you are helping spread this <deleted>.

Traveling right now unnecessary should be a criminal offense. 

i could not imagine being in Crazy House Bangkok during this time. the number of south Koreans, Japanese, AU, UK, EU, USA types in there is off the scale.         

Where or what is crazy house Bangkok - a gay bath house? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand reported seven new coronavirus cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of cases in the Southeast Asian country to 82, health officials said

82 cases?

Each person gives it to 2-3 people on average.

82 people give it to 164-246 people.

164-246 people give it to 328-738 people.

328-738 people give it to 656-2,214 people.

656-2,214 people give it to 1,312-6,642 people.

1,312-6,642 people give it to 2624-19,926 people.

Shall I go on? ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

• Anyone who has departed from South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy or Iran must prepare the followings. (as of Mar 10, this is not applied to passengers transiting through those countries)
   1) Vaild document for COVID-19 lab test result (negative)
   2) Medical certificate issued within 48 hours to prove that they are negative for COVID-19 : must use the following designated forms in English

Download 1(General Passengers) Open in new window    /  Download 2(Nationals of Thailand who overstayed in Korea and returning back to Thailand) Open in new window 

3) Foreign nationals (except for nationals of Thailand) must present a health insurance document that covers at least amount of 100,000 US dollars.
• All passengers entering Thailand should be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

the bit about transit passengers, found it at the end of the first line, sorry I glossed over it in my haste looking at the medical certificate....

Phuket airport readies to roll out COVID-19 entry requirements --12MAR2020

Any persons arriving from any of the six risk areas who fail to present a valid medical certificate also will not be allowed to enter the country, Mr Thanee confirmed.

Asked whether the medical certificate requirement applied to travellers who only transited via any of the six risk areas, Mr Thanee said, “All transit [passengers] from risk countries also must have certificate.

Asked how that was possible while the passengers were in transit, Mr Thanee replied, “That is the passenger’s responsibility. My responsibility is to protect against the spread of the virus.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-readies-to-roll-out-covid-19-entry-requirements-75249.php#30167

BTWCAAT_LINK1.jpg.1b1db578ba24474ad149b2f0663171d5.jpg