Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 82

rooster59

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

anybody seeing what they are doing in Manila prior to the lock down.

troops are being deployed.

I've got a friend in Santa Rosa just outside of Manila. Everyone is actually quite scared where she is. Total lockdown

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does these mean for those that transit through S. Korea, this is a must if coming from say the United States.  I am confused. In order to get the certificate of medical clearance it saysValid document for COVID-19 lab test.  Now how in the hell is one supposed to get that if you can not get tested.  Guess they just signed there end as an Airline (Korean Air).......

There was another post here the other day where someone had the interpretation of how they're supposedly handling transit passengers, though I can't personally vouch for the accuracy of this.

As best as I recall it, supposedly, if you're just transiting one of the airports in those countries and are staying 12 hours or less, they won't impose those requirements (or at least they're not supposed to). But if you're staying in one of those listed countries for airport transit longer than 12 hours, then supposedly they will impose those requirements.

2 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Phuket airport readies to roll out COVID-19 entry requirements --12MAR2020

Any persons arriving from any of the six risk areas who fail to present a valid medical certificate also will not be allowed to enter the country, Mr Thanee confirmed.

Asked whether the medical certificate requirement applied to travellers who only transited via any of the six risk areas, Mr Thanee said, “All transit [passengers] from risk countries also must have certificate.

Asked how that was possible while the passengers were in transit, Mr Thanee replied, “That is the passenger’s responsibility. My responsibility is to protect against the spread of the virus.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-readies-to-roll-out-covid-19-entry-requirements-75249.php#30167

BTWCAAT_LINK1.jpg.1b1db578ba24474ad149b2f0663171d5.jpg

You cant make this shiite up, another one making his own rules and has his own interpretations...

11 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

82 cases?

Each person gives it to 2-3 people on average.

82 people give it to 164-246 people.

164-246 people give it to 328-738 people.

328-738 people give it to 656-2,214 people.

656-2,214 people give it to 1,312-6,642 people.

1,312-6,642 people give it to 2624-19,926 people.

Shall I go on? ????

Not in Thailand.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, stbkk said:

My son knows a student there, and he says they have 2 cases there alone. He also has a friend at another university who have a case. So my sons is personally aware of 3 out of less than 100 cases in the whole country! I really do believe the figures, honest!

I think part of what's going on with that.... is the lag time between when a person gets an initial positive test at any old hospital, and then sometime thereafter, gets a subsequent confirming / official test done by one of a couple of designated Thai govt. labs...

People who get that initial positive test are beginning to talk about their results publicly, as occurred with the Thai TV actor guy, before the final confirming test is done and then subsequently included in the Thai govt's daily CV updates.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i am watching the melt down in the States and actually feel pretty safe here.  oh the irony

I need advice for coming back to Thailand: do you think that by mid-April they'll let me in? I don't think I can get out of here (the US) before then. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think part of what's going on with that.... is the lag time between when a person gets an initial positive test at any old hospital, and then sometime thereafter, gets a subsequent confirming / official test done by one of a couple of designated Thai govt. labs...

People who get that initial positive test are beginning to talk about their results publicly, as occurred with the Thai TV actor guy, before the final confirming test is done and then subsequently included in the Thai govt's daily CV updates.

Obviously that's enough for this government to threaten you with a computer crime act, just telling the truth can get you in trouble......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

With the lack of testing and reporting here it's best to assume corona virus is everywhere and take precautions per the medical experts. I'd ignore what Thais say. US seems behind the curve, maybe Chinese and South Korean know the most. I'm going with UK advice

I'm sure Boris 'Wash Hands ' Johnson is out of his depth....

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

He must feel relieved to only be in the hospital for CV -- and not facing a govt. Computer Crimes Act prosecution... Lucky guy!!!  :crazy:

The same people who were threatening him are now praising him for his transparency. You couldn’t make this nonsense up. 

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

Here's something creepy I noticed earlier

Corona Virus is an anagram for CARNIVOROUS????

If you assign each letter a number in order of the alphabet - you have next weeks lottery number !!  Please buy a ticket for me .. we go 50/50 !

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

82 cases?

Shall I go on? ????

No, please dont. We've got plenty of freak amateur virology going on as it is.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Phuket airport readies to roll out COVID-19 entry requirements --12MAR2020

Any persons arriving from any of the six risk areas who fail to present a valid medical certificate also will not be allowed to enter the country, Mr Thanee confirmed.

Asked whether the medical certificate requirement applied to travellers who only transited via any of the six risk areas, Mr Thanee said, “All transit [passengers] from risk countries also must have certificate.

Asked how that was possible while the passengers were in transit, Mr Thanee replied, “That is the passenger’s responsibility. My responsibility is to protect against the spread of the virus.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-readies-to-roll-out-covid-19-entry-requirements-75249.php#30167

BTWCAAT_LINK1.jpg.1b1db578ba24474ad149b2f0663171d5.jpg

I is a certified medical doctor and I is holding medical licence number.......Who came up with that?

48 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

82 cases?

Shall I go on? ????

Wow! Really?

Do you think we should let people know?

Edited by robsamui
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zhounan said:

The Power Structure of Thailand don-t care about citizens die, this can also be demonstrated by the deaths from road accidents for which no action is taken, or citizens falling ill with respiratory problems because of the shameful air quality.

In short, the Power Structure considers the subordinate social classes racially inferior, they consider them as animals that have to work, consume and die without bother.

What are you smoking ?

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

They are petrified of a mass panic.

Thais really worry about two things; viruses and tsunamis.

Thais worry about having no rice for breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack and dinner....
nothing else much bothers them!

Edited by hotchilli
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

That delay is more likely due to not being able to test at all.

yeah that is highly possible. I think the heat does play a roll of course, but it isn't so black and white, and there is obviously still the threat of epidemics in these countries. There are many other factors involved, but in general heat probably has prevented such countries from turning into a Wuhan. If Thailand was nation of 5 degrees C temperatures, not only would their road death count be through the roof (more than it already is) but with their farcical way of handling this virus, the country would be in tatters by now 

11 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Boy, that will be no easy feat - trying to get a health certificate from the country you are transiting through whilst waiting for your connection ! The loonies are finally running the asylum

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

He's doing ok so far, following the experts advice. It could be a lot worse and we have that waster Corbin as prime minister

The approach has been questionable. You can't rely 100% on mathematical models. Logic and looking at nations ahead of the UK such as Italy and Spain also should come into play. They talk about trying to flatten the curve of peak infection and push it back, but surely cancelling social gatherings / events, and closing schools would limit contagion. 

Well you heard it here first - Bitcoin ( sinking fast)  has been replaced by toilet rolls - maybe the world should wake up to those hoses found in many Thai houses .

The situation has gone mad - how many millions die each year from  malaria? Nobody cares - it’s Africa and poor countries.

The markets have gone mad - well they were a trifle over inflated- thank Heavens I only ever relied  on cash . It’s because this is having an impact on the rich countries.

Personally - it’s the revenge of the planet and Pangolins.

They are an endangered species - yet the Chinese kill millions of them- the only mammal with scales - just to make soup/ useless traditional medicine .

They feel pain and stress.

The chances of catching this virus are minute here in Thailand .

If the result of this - is that the Chinese stop slaughtering the world’s wide life - millions of sharks, tokays , pangolins etc 

Good 

A fact of life - we all die . 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Timwin said:

Coronavirus does not survive nowhere nearly as well in hot and humid 30 C than in below 10 C, the optimum. That is why we are not seeing Thailand becoming a new Italy or any tropical countries suffering a major epidemic. There will be cases but not in huge numbers. Community spreading is much more difficult here due to climate. 

My I remind you that the average body temperature is 37 degrees C. You are living in a dream.

• Like 1