90 day reporting is daft with all this going on

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Laws are about to change around the world in order to cope with Corona so I'm sure Thailand can make changes too

28 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Dont hold your breath

The problem with his post is when he wrote law and used it in a wide general term. Laws can only be changed by the parliament or what ever a country calls the equivalent of it.

People say law when they should of said regulations, ministerial orders and etc under the law that can changed a lot easier than the law itself.

• Like 1

When filing by mail...

What is document #3?

3. Notification of staying is over 90 days (if the notification has been more than 90 days).  See a sample notification receipt.

Following the link leads to "file not found".

Is that one's previous "Receipt of Notification" (includes next report date)? And if so, do you mail in a copy or the original?

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is that one's previous "Receipt of Notification" (includes next report date)? And if so, do you mail in a copy or the original?

Yes and it has to be the original. Make a copy to keep in case it got lost someway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes and it has to be the original. Make a copy to keep in case it got lost someway.

And if you left/re-entered the country, thereby resetting your 90-day counter beyond the previous report/notification of receipt, do you still need to include your most recent receipt?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And if you left/re-entered the country, thereby resetting your 90-day counter beyond the previous report/notification of receipt, do you still need to include your most recent receipt?

Personally I get rid of it in some misplaced belief  an IO will see it another day and try to fine me! Of course it has never happened. 

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to do reports by mail. I have done them by mail and have never been able to do online reporting due to a new passport and an old entry to the country.

The reason for not being able to do them online when you get a new passport is that there is no record of it in the database the online system checks that is created with info from your last entry into the country.

so you're saying you can't do it if you have renewed 'incountry' and haven't left and returned using the new one?

On 3/15/2020 at 8:16 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Laws are about to change around the world in order to cope with Corona so I'm sure Thailand can make changes too

And then change back the next day their really good at that!!!!!!!!

On 3/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The agent will do it for me but i have to go to see them, so I haven't registered for online reporting

Painless experience with the agent, dropped off the passport 2 minutes and picked up the next day, no need to risk a busy immigration office

13 hours ago, Hockeybik said:
On 3/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Why? You can do it per mail / online

Not if you are within 14 days for mail and 7 for online plus, online has not been working.

The Immigration website contradicts itself:-

1. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

2. Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

I have just posted mine as I am taking the Govts advice on Corona Virus and am avoiding large gatherings and public venues.... aka Immigration CW!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

25 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The Immigration website contradicts itself:-

1. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

2. Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

Not at all.

1. Is for reporting in person.

2. Is for by mail.

• Thanks 1