[Photos] Deserted Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

40 minutes ago, samsensam said:

come on OP, looks like those photos are taken at night when passenger number are always low. if you want to make a valid point you need a baseline for comparison; photos taken at the same time of day at different dates - as reputable news organisations do as a matter of course.

This was 9pm, we've seen similar photos at 11am and 3 pm...thats surely enough comparison, accept it, no one is travelling

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Staged photo shoot. More fake news. Lines labelled R and T are used normally by non mains stream airlines, like S7, Aeroflot so there wouldnt be heaps of people unless a flight was scheduled.

I flew Qatar a bit after midnight Thursday (Friday?) and 'R' is where I checked in for the flight. 

• Like 1

And now that the Australian government came out with the measures last night thinks will even get bleeker as no sane airline will fly into a country that a 14 days mandatory  quarantine, i for one had to cancel my upcoming trip to Oz and now wait to see what TG will do about refund or allow open ended rebooking in the future...

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Because like all airports it has quiet times. Baggage will look deserted between flights anyway and the 'upper end' of departures is also less busy. But, yes, I've not seen it like that since it opened. 

March 4th photos taking a friend to Swampy to fly back to USA after a month visiting me here Time 9:30 PM and of course this area had people arrive that filled small area of people leaving on that flight but the rest of the airport had very few people. Never seen it like that. Usually have to double park in the parking lot with the break off in case they have to move the car, this time plenty of parking spaces.

89739651_199511551317654_8899355310292992000_n.jpg

90392115_2482383462091326_8986288708244209664_n.jpg

89894444_607074543484816_6985268706372747264_n.jpg

Edited by Tony125

1 hour ago, Da Nang said:

Today Finnair HEL→BKK→HEL three flights every day.

From 01.04 zero (0)

Finnair just announced they will be cutting 90% of their flights. Given that Finland today announced it will be closing it's borders, the BKK flight is likely on that list.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finnair_slashing_capacity_by_90_from_1_april/11259244

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/coronavirus_latest_272_cases_confirmed_in_finland_schools_to_close_finnair_and_tallink_cut_back_services/11249610

The company's only intercontinental route that will continue during the period of restricted operations will be to Tokyo.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1