No reason to panic, PM Prayut says, as people stock up on supplies

webfact

4 hours ago, englishoak said:

I have,  meanwhile the official WHO figure is 114...... they havnt "screened" that number... only taken sporadic temp readings whereas as everyone now knows it takes 2 weeks to even incubate Covid19... in other words the claim of screening millions is all but useless. 

It isn't useless, they found 5,638 PUI cases, laboratory results revealed that 3,897 cases returned negative for the COVID-19 virus, and results are pending for remaining 1,741 PUI. There are more and more people screened (and tested when they fail) by the day.

Was for a meeting in a government building last week and got screened. Today they started at my office building too. 

"He (Prayut) added that the government was not slow in dealing with the situation but the ministers had to think about the consequences before taking action"

This is pure bunkum. Thais thinking about consequences resulting from their actions.. Joke!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It isn't useless, they found 5,638 PUI cases, laboratory results revealed that 3,897 cases returned negative for the COVID-19 virus, and results are pending for remaining 1,741 PUI. There are more and more people screened (and tested when they fail) by the day.

Was for a meeting in a government building last week and got screened. Today they started at my office building too. 

Like I said their claimed millions screened is useless data and, you work for what dept in government  ? must be nice getting a free test  :whistling: .. they cost between 3,000 and 20,000 bht in the hospitals for joe shmo.... 

Least now we know why your so pro gov here. Thanks.

PS hope you test negative, and i mean that .. 

16 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Like I said their claimed millions screened is useless data and, you work for what dept in government  ? must be nice getting a free test  :whistling: .. they cost between 3,000 and 20,000 bht in the hospitals for joe shmo.... 

Least now we know why your so pro gov here. Thanks.

PS hope you test negative, and i mean that .. 

You can't read properly again. That I have a meeting with the government doesn't mean I work for them. My company does projects with them. I don't get free tests but have a good health insurance paid for by my company.

5 hours ago, englishoak said:

I have,  meanwhile the official WHO figure is 114...... they havnt "screened" that number... only taken sporadic temp readings whereas as everyone now knows it takes 2 weeks to even incubate Covid19... in other words the claim of screening millions is all but useless. 

That's complete rowlocks. Show no symptoms in two weeks and you simply haven't got it. You got quarantine period mixed up with incubation, purposefully or accidentally.

Symptoms usually show in 3-8 days.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

That's complete rowlocks. Show no symptoms in two weeks and you simply haven't got it. You got quarantine period mixed up with incubation, purposefully or accidentally.

Symptoms usually show in 3-8 days.

Chill out, flysoiboy, I of course meant up to 14 days but couldnt edit in time. ...  btw usually isnt good enough or it wouldnt be 14 days quarantine and some reports even push that to 27 days incubation before symptoms so go figure .. a lot of conflicting data is out there and so far all they have is 2 months worth. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

By "screened," do you mean someone waved the thermometer at you and took your temperature???  Notwithstanding the fact that people can be infected with the virus, be contagious and have absolutely no outward symptoms in the early going....

• Like 1

While I cannot deny seeing more people walking the streets with big packs of toilet paper they've just bought at the Big C nearby, all the stores I've been to including that one are still very well stocked, so I'd say we're nowhere near a panic yet.

13 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Being sold to the Chinese by a friend of a govt member 

Chinese don't need them any more.

67863 fully recovered, 9997 still in hospital. They can manufacture enough of their own now everybody is back at work.

In countries that are taking swift action, the rate of infection  doubles every 8 to 10 days and it can be longer. In countries doing virtually nothing, infections will double every 4 to 6 days. This means that in Thailand, virtually all citizens will have the virus within about 8 weeks.

Most people won't be too bothered. However the numbers of vulnerable people will be about 3 to 4 million. Without hospitalisation a large proportion will die. The idea of drastic action is to stop a big number being seriously ill at the same time, as the health system cannot cope with hundreds of thousands needing intensive care and ventilators. There is just not enough critical care beds or ventilators to go around.

Your health insurance won't save you if there are no available beds. 

Take vitamin C at the rate of 40mg per kilo of body weight and spread the dose over the day. Take about 4000/5000 of vitamin D daily. Various mushrooms have anti viral properties. Build up your immune system. Avoid crowds. Wash your hands carefully and often.

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

So who gets the blame for the Chinese Wuhan virus pandemic?

Hint: the answer is hidden in the name of the virus...

You need to consult the Japanese on that one. They have some very interesting ideas on it.

In the meantime I'd keep your head down.

14 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Chill out, flysoiboy, I of course meant up to 14 days but couldnt edit in time. ...  btw usually isnt good enough or it wouldnt be 14 days quarantine and some reports even push that to 27 days incubation before symptoms so go figure .. a lot of conflicting data is out there and so far all they have is 2 months worth. 

I'm sorry, that's just word soup.

1 minute ago, Bugsy777 said:

Most people won't be too bothered. However the numbers of vulnerable people will be about 3 to 4 million. Without hospitalisation a large proportion will die. The idea of drastic action is to stop a big number being seriously ill at the same time, as the health system cannot cope with hundreds of thousands needing intensive care and ventilators. There is just not enough critical care beds or ventilators to go around.

I would like to see the science and stats behind that assumption.

The majority of person under 65 have recovered with treatment and monitoring.

The majority of those who have died are older, poor immune sytems and possibly co-mordidities 

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Even if your unfounded statement would be true, you should never panic but keep thinking. This may be hard for some people.

Specially for you, hence your comment . The whole world is locking down and taking messures but here there's no need to panic because the government is not acting slow they are just thinking(slow) . Do you still really think the nr's they are bringing out are the right ones ???? The only place you can get tested proparly is bkk what about every other city ??? Fritssickink ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It all well and good for Prayut ask people not to panic, but he needs to get out of his Office and open his eyes.

This Morning I and the Missus had to go to the main Amphur Office at Banglamung, which serves all the Pattaya area.

We arrived at 8.00 am, and were there for an Hour or so.

I only witnessed 8 people from an estimated 100+ foot fall actually use  the provided hand sanitizer which was situated directly inside the entrance door, so was in plain site, and there was no excuse not to use it.

With an attitude such as this, whether its from ignorance of the facts, laziness or just apathy, Thailand is heading for a big fall for sure.

The Government to need to do some TV awareness things, and maybe on Mobile Ads Etc to make these people aware of their responsibilities toward their fellow citizens.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Last time they said there was plenty of masks it was a lie. Ok guys it's officially time to panic buying! 

Why waste your time and money. Masks offer little protection  against virus infections.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51729647

Panic buying of food and household goods is plain dumb. If everybody just shopped normally, there would be plenty of everything for everyone. Duh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Read the document properly:

Of the 5,638 PUI cases, laboratory results revealed that 3,897 cases returned negative for the COVID-19 virus, and results are pending for remaining 1,741 PUI

"And this is only the recorded ones.. you can x 10 to x 20 that at least that arnt yet recorded... "

That is just spreading fake news, read the document properly again:

that among 34,399 flights, there were a total of 3,787,108 passengers screened. Among those, 247 people met the case definition criteria of patients under investigation (PUI). For the screening protocol outside the airports, 118,654 people from 786 ships were screened at sea ports between 1 January and 13 March 2020 and two people met the PUI criteria. There were 1,360,331 people screened at ground ports between 1 February to 13 March 2020. Between 30 January to 13 March 2020, a total of 104,784 people who were renewing their passports were screened at the Government Complex

Just on flights alone thats 3,787,108 screened in 70 days

= 54,100 per day

= 2250 per hour

= 37 per minute

= approx 1 every 2 seconds

That's pretty quick screening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

While I cannot deny seeing more people walking the streets with big packs of toilet paper they've just bought at the Big C nearby, all the stores I've been to including that one are still very well stocked, so I'd say we're nowhere near a panic yet.

So I can not advertise my 24 pack of Northern double rolls for a leer jet yet then is what your telling me......darn I thought I had a sure thing when i looked in my pantry and saw the cache my fiancee bought last month.....

• Haha 1