Movement of visitors from high-risk areas to be tracked with mandatory sim and app

webfact

Pure fake news.

What is shocking... is not that an inane thai "official" launches into the air a inane "idea" (that's their function, their raison d'être).

What is shocking is that.... you talk about it.

On this forum.

????

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Because it's just a show (although a bad one).

3 hours ago, Foghorn said:

I’ve got 2 iPads that I use but my mobile is a Nokia it cost me about  600 baht 8 years ago ,ain’t got no apps or what  just a phone   I don’t go out with my iPads and there are not got sim slots.    Just saying

Good for you. 

So what would you do if you were coming from one of the high-risk countries and expected to be stamped in, that's what we were discussing, wasn't it, not how many iPads you've got?

What I do find odd is there seems to be some people who claim that they are happy to appreciate and use the technology of iPads, two of them in your case, but then claim that they don't have a smartphone...very strange.  Why would you want two iPads and but an eight-year Nokia?  Doesn't sound credible to me but it must be true if you said it, I suppose.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

What do you want,a medal, or likes?

As for worlds most undemocratic country, have you fact checked that?

1 - I want nothing at all, other than just letting people know. Facebook is good for that kind of thing, as is the TVF you are reading.

2 - You believe the democratic election was democratic, with half the seats already decided by the military-imposed constitution? Care to come up with a more undemocratic democracy? I'm interested to know. I might have missed something.

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Care to come up with a more undemocratic democracy?

Sure.  When the West decides to 'recognize' someone who isn't the president of a country...as the president of that country.
Neo-Democracy:  We want to overthrow your banana republic, so we now will dictate who we recognize as The President (Prime Minister, etc).  

Under the right circumstance, and if Thailand had anything the West actually wanted but Thailand wouldn't give it up - could happen here too. 

Edited by connda

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Care to come up with a more undemocratic democracy? I'm interested to know. I might have missed something.

Another example.

Associate Press reports that Joe Biden is the winner of the Illinois Presidental Primary!!!  The day before the primary.  (no, not a rigged system).  Story picked up from WCIA.

Station WCIA aired the results during a Monday showing of The Price Is Right, indicating Biden defeating Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) by over 93,000 votes.

"While watching The Price is Right our station accidentally runs tomorrow’s election results … its [sic] Monday our election in Illinois is tomorrow," said Sherry Daughtery, who posted a video of the incident. 

11 hours ago, johnray said:

Most of the Thai people are mixed Chinese.  We should really track them to see if they are buying wombats at the wet market.

That would be the underground market, wouldn't it? 

22 hours ago, ParkerN said:

These people are a shambles. This is just another hare-brained scheme someone thought up while sitting on the po during their morning constitutional. Give it 2 or 3 days and it will disappear back where it came from.

3 out of 10 for bright idea, 1 out of 10 for practicality and usefulness, just another half-assed scheme thought up by a 3rd-world mentality trying hard to make a name for himself.

3rd world? I didn't think Thailand ranked that high on intelligence yet...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I don't know about other countries but there is currently no advice from the UK government saying that their citizens shouldn't come here. I just got a GOV.UK email giving an update on Travel to Thailand. All it says, is that travellers from the UK should be aware of the restrictions in place here, it even mentions this new app.

Well that didn't take long to change. Just got a new email this morning.

As countries respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including travel and border restrictions, the FCO advises British nationals against all but essential international travel.

So now UK citizens aren't supposed to travel anywhere in the world, let alone Thailand.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, webfact said:

“The sim card will be used together with the AOT Airports application, which will help track the position of users for 14 days to verify that they remain in quarantine,”

And if the visitor does not have a smart phone will one be provided?  There are people in this world who have not got on the "smart phone" bandwagon.