Covid-19: All entertainment venues, nightclubs, massage parlors in Bangkok to be closed for 14 days

webfact

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is the correct definition, although *Happy endinged * (which has the same meaning) would be incorrect

Not according to dictionary dot com. I thought twice about searching for that.

"The stimulation of one's own..."

• Like 2

What about the night markets? There's a large night market with about 120 food vendors and 50 non-food vendors that caters each evening 16:00-24:00 to a few thousand customers (who mill about shoulder to shoulder) about a block from my apartment in Bangkok. Locals in my neighborhood say those aren't being shut down at all. 

Edited by JCP108
hearing voices

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

Panic and hysteria on all fronts.

This is insanity at its best and everybody that agrees should maybe just get some facts !

Because the one thing missing in this whole thingy is facts !!!

The fact is this has the potential to kill far more the the oft quoted flu victims, far more transmissible with people being asymptomatic for much longer- it's DANGEROUS! Taking measures over due to contain the spread is not panic or hysteria.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrwinner said:

it will be a different thailand once all this is over that's for sure 

Different world, the shifts in trade and geopolitics will be very interesting. I don't mind as long as there's quality information available, change is a fact of life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Irrespective of how dangerous the virus is, this is the right move and should do its bit to help contain the virus.

But that said, the time frame is something else, how long can people living hand to mouth survive for with no chance to earn a baht.

These sectors will highlight just how important the tourism sectors are. And i would hope that those envelope collectors go easy during this unprecedented crisis.

The country is going to take a seriously long time to recover from this I suspect. The fallout could well be that final straw, hope not though. 

Wishing all people here the best of health

Why yammer on about how this will show the importance of the tourist sector?

Everything affected will have been frequented primarily by locals, why make it about tourists?

8 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Irrespective of how dangerous the virus is, this is the right move and should do its bit to help contain the virus.

Friday after work the masses from Bangkok will come to party

in Hua hin,cha-am Pattaya,kanchanaburi and other tourists places closeby.

Traffic will be terrible with many accidents of course and Sunday they (most)

will head back either having virus left behind or picked some up.

Great idea government?I think not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

don't worry everybody its only temporary :coffee1:

Temporary ,  yep we are just visitors ...

However that said , i do the 800K , route , bought house , car etc....

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Before you get too excited, or convinced that it is all over, just consider that the economic damage caused by the type of lockdown we may be looking at, will inevitably lead to a depression. There will likely be a global one anyway. Either way the investment funds to redevelop the "entertainment zones" are unlikely to be available. Much cheaper to unlock the doors, dust them off, restaff them ( their will be no shortage of available "talent" ) and start up again.

Washington Square bit the dust because it was populated by gruesome geriatrics - both the bar staff and their clientele - or so I am informed!

Washington square bit the dust because it was redeveloped.

• Like 1

BREAKING - this ban has now included Pattaya to cover from tomorrow until AT LEAST the end of the month:

The announcement affects all bars, cinemas, sports venues, karaoke bars, nightclubs, beer bars, massage parlors, “gentlemen’s clubs,” et al, regardless of their size.

13 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

No... have been reported.

So you think they are faking the dead people numbers who are dying of virus? Like hundreds of dead tourists and Thai people are dying of the virus and somehow don’t get counted?  You are a fine sample of how scare mongering is OTT on this forum. What’s up with guys over 60? 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, mrwinner said:

this will be going on for years. thailand economy will be completely decimated- the bar and restaurant industry in thailand that cater to farangs with farang prices will be destroyed. it will be a different thailand once all this is over that's for sure 

I’m in Phuket now. You would think by reading TVF it’s dead. I’m not even in Patong I’m in Karon. It’s the busiest I’ve ever seen. My resort facing the sea is packed. At breakfast the room is filled. Restaurants are filled the breach is busy. The tourists here are mainly well heeled younger Russians at least 75%. They are friendly and having a great time. There is a large group of African Americans here at my hotel as well all spending a lot. I’ve seen and / or heard no Chinese and a good amount of Thai tourists are here and the rest are European and it seems Americans. I’m glad I came here for 9 days. If I listened to posters here I’d be in my condo in BKK hiding under a table. The situation in Thailand is nothing like Europe. I’m not watching CNN. Life will go on and I’ll be living it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, if all these people can not go to their job, how do they buy food and pay their bills?

There will be approximately 10.000.000 people unemployed.

Not to forget, the do not have an unemployed insurance as in Europe and further the most don't have any saving, rather then depth for their iPhone to pay. Also, many even don't have a fridge. So, how will they do?

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Look at his smug little punch bag of a face !!

I try not to focus on a person's physical/facial expression/appearance, particularly from a file photo. I prefer to pay more attention to their behaviors and actions.

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I’m in Phuket now. You would think by reading TVF it’s dead. I’m not even in Patong I’m in Karon. It’s the busiest I’ve ever seen. My resort facing the sea is packed. At breakfast the room is filled. Restaurants are filled the breach is busy. The tourists here are mainly well heeled younger Russians at least 75%. They are friendly and having a great time. There is a large group of African Americans here at my hotel as well all spending a lot. I’ve seen and / or heard no Chinese and a good amount of Thai tourists are here and the rest are European and it seems Americans. I’m glad I came here for 9 days. If I listened to posters here I’d be in my condo in BKK hiding under a table. The situation in Thailand is nothing like Europe. I’m not watching CNN. Life will go on and I’ll be living it. 

Good post. Enjoy.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1