Covid-19: All entertainment venues, nightclubs, massage parlors in Bangkok to be closed for 14 days

webfact

44 minutes ago, z42 said:

But that said, the time frame is something else, how long can people living hand to mouth survive for with no chance to earn a baht.

About two days. Then, they'll be on the lookout for "Walking ATMs" to solve their problem.

1 minute ago, Metapod said:

well, i guess i just need to turn a negative into a positive.

stocking up on healthy food at home and just going to stay home and do nothing but work out and eat good.

going to be a boring month but eh

month? this will be going on for at least another 6 months

27 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Good start.

Everyone will just come to Pattaya.

That's what I would do if I were a tourist.

Its probably not going to be so good when all the bars and restaurants are closed.

But people may have the beach to themselves.

Would you want to be caught there in a lockdown if it starts?

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i have to assume my description is what most normal well adjusted tourists and human beings do.

i have no actual empirical experience with this.  

So were you riding this horse along the road to Damascus then - when there was a thunderbolt which knocked you from the saddle, and a voice from the clouds spoke unto NCC1701A saying; "Go home, lock yourself away and <deleted> no more..."?

Edited by JAG

1 hour ago, dcsw53 said:

If he is willing to do this for Bangkok, the axe will fall on Phuket and Pattaya as well. Stand by Isaan massive repatriations about to happen !!

This would be a surefire way for the virus to escalate quickly from stage 2 to stage 3. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

so it is safe to get a one hour oil massage from another human being who is spending all day in extremely close contact with tourists from all of the world? faces sometimes just inches apart for a hour? head massage with your head in their lap while they are bent over you breathing in each others expelled virus?

rows of tourist lined up in a room right next to each other getting foot massages? 

I would say very safe. Compare to rush hour train, any crowded market, a busy restaurant, a hospital waiting room, a taxi, a McDonald's, or a girl in contact with how many people in her entire day? How often does she wash her hands and body? 

I think panic is causing the real damage here. Be afraid or don't be afraid. The choice is yours. It won't change anything other then the ability of the immune system to cope. 

If you order food you still can't trust it, wipe brown your water bottles! Close vents to the outside world!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yep no longer than March 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

Happy isolation, I'm going out for a coffee.

this will be going on for years. thailand economy will be completely decimated- the bar and restaurant industry in thailand that cater to farangs with farang prices will be destroyed. it will be a different thailand once all this is over that's for sure