Covid-19: All entertainment venues, nightclubs, massage parlors in Bangkok to be closed for 14 days

webfact

Of course what's gonna happen is that they might save case numbers in Bangkok, Pattaya etc. by sending the problem back to Isaan, my home, and the home of all the poor people.

Thanks very much Prayut Chan-o-cha

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Agreed. The economic consequences worldwide will be far more severe than the virus. See this bowl of sugar. Now imagine taking one grain of sugar out. That is the chance of anything nasty happening to you due to the virus. The chance of dying from that one grain is infinitely smaller than that. Have a nice day.

Sugar.jpg

Methinks your numbers are off.

Now show us 100 grains of sugar, and seperat 1 to 3 grains as dead.

Then take 60 grains as infected, the remaining 40 or less you can leave in the bowl.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Prayut must be happy with that big smile on his face , he now knows there won't be any mass protests against him going on for a while . Lucky dumb .... I hope it will hit him as hard and even 10 times harder then it will hit the rest of the country . 

Just in the nick of time, otherwise i'd of bet the game was on in April.....

5 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Methinks your numbers are off.

Now show us 100 grains of sugar, and seperat 1 to 3 grains as dead.

Then take 60 grains as infected, the remaining 40 or less you can leave in the bowl.

Then deduct the number of cases, fatal and non-fatal, from the 7.53 billion people that live on the planet and see what number you get.

36 minutes ago, JohnnyChristo said:

Anybody wonder how china stopped it virtually overnight?

also so certain the president of china visited the epicentre. 
To add to the strange run of events how come Russia right next door only had 1 case??

It has crossed my mind whether this was planned. Probably not but possible

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Experts say we can't catch it twice, but there could be some exceptions

This article quotes a couple of Japanese and a chinese who caught it twice but then goes on to explain that with testing the chances of getting a false positive/negative exist so my understanding is that it is not 100% certain you cannot catch it twice but likely as your body should create an immunity .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/#6b5d97765c0f

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Experts say we can't catch it twice, but there could be some exceptions

This article quotes a couple of Japanese and a chinese who caught it twice but then goes on to explain that with testing the chances of getting a false positive/negative exist so my understanding is that it is not 100% certain you cannot catch it twice but likely as your body should create an immunity .

all depends on how thorough a job the lab scientist creators did back in Wuhan? 

- as to the design-engineering of the weapon

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, brain150 said:

Panic and hysteria on all fronts.

This is insanity at its best and everybody that agrees should maybe just get some facts !

Because the one thing missing in this whole thingy is facts !!!

World-wide media-led panic. 150,000 people die every day on this planet. By comparison this 'pandemic' is a very small issue which has been exaggerated out of all proportion. Businesses and jobs are going to disappear in huge numbers. All for nothing.

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

Businesses and jobs are going to disappear in huge numbers. All for nothing.

It won't be all for nothing...

Some people will make a lot of money out of this and gain a lot more power...

Obviously the masses will suffer but they aren't important in the big "game of life" ????

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Agreed. The economic consequences worldwide will be far more severe than the virus. See this bowl of sugar. Now imagine taking one grain of sugar out. That is the chance of anything nasty happening to you due to the virus. The chance of dying from that one grain is infinitely smaller than that. Have a nice day.

Sugar.jpg

Funny way of doing the math, we are not sugar grains in a bowl of sugar. Some live in Antartica, some live in NYC, some live in Bangkok, some live in middleofnowhere Isaan or Texas. How you do you get infected when there is nobody around as opposed to when you're stuck on BTS at rush hour, that depends... This comparison is simply absurd  and nonsensical.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Are you any realtion to burma bill?

The correct answer is 7.33 billion who are not infected. Less than 200,000 are, at this point. Unless you think that every government in the world is conspiring to hide the figures, and social media is also censored. Then the figure might be anything that anyone wants to pull out of the air.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, z42 said:

Irrespective of how dangerous the virus is, this is the right move and should do its bit to help contain the virus.

But that said, the time frame is something else, how long can people living hand to mouth survive for with no chance to earn a baht.

These sectors will highlight just how important the tourism sectors are. And i would hope that those envelope collectors go easy during this unprecedented crisis.

The country is going to take a seriously long time to recover from this I suspect. The fallout could well be that final straw, hope not though. 

Wishing all people here the best of health

These sectors will highlight just how important the tourism sectors are. And i would hope that those envelope collectors go easy during this unprecedented crisis.

There will be a lot òf BIB mortgages not getting paid,get ready for a lot of Firesale properties hitting the market!!! Its a Buyers Market now!

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The correct answer is 7.33 billion who are not infected. Less than 200,000 are, at this point. Unless you think that every government in the world is conspiring to hide the figures, and social media is also censored. Then the figure might be anything that anyone wants to pull out of the air.

Im sticking with 6 thanks.

Good move, and it seems many business outside of Bangkok are also doing it. Some restaurants in Hua Hin are closing voluntarily, for example. The place we bought food at yesterday said they would remain closed for at least two weeks.

8 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I’m in Phuket now. You would think by reading TVF it’s dead. I’m not even in Patong I’m in Karon. It’s the busiest I’ve ever seen. My resort facing the sea is packed. At breakfast the room is filled. Restaurants are filled the breach is busy. The tourists here are mainly well heeled younger Russians at least 75%. They are friendly and having a great time. There is a large group of African Americans here at my hotel as well all spending a lot. I’ve seen and / or heard no Chinese and a good amount of Thai tourists are here and the rest are European and it seems Americans. I’m glad I came here for 9 days. If I listened to posters here I’d be in my condo in BKK hiding under a table. The situation in Thailand is nothing like Europe. I’m not watching CNN. Life will go on and I’ll be living it. 

I’m in Phuket now... I’ve never seen it this dead, at this time of year, ever. Admittedly, I’ve only lived here for a dozen years... that said, I’m loving it and this years songkran will be the best ever... deserted!

All we have to do is figure out how to keep the domestic travelers hiding under their kitchen tables in their Bangkok condos. ????

36 minutes ago, jany123 said:

I’m in Phuket now... I’ve never seen it this dead, at this time of year, ever. Admittedly, I’ve only lived here for a dozen years... that said, I’m loving it and this years songkran will be the best ever... deserted!

All we have to do is figure out how to keep the domestic travelers hiding under their kitchen tables in their Bangkok condos. ????

Where do you live ? Karon is the busiest I’ve seen in years!  I’ll be in Patong tomorrow unfortunately but now many things will be closed due to today’s news. I’m sure you don’t live in Karon because I would call you out on this. My wide body plane was 90 % full from BKK. The Hilton Karon breakfast time is packed , lobby is packed and tons of people on the beach. So where do you live basing your quietest in years ?  Maybe I’ll go check it out. 

Edited by alex8912

20 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Where do you live ? Karon is the busiest I’ve seen in years!  I’ll be in Patong tomorrow unfortunately but now many things will be closed due to today’s news. I’m sure you don’t live in Karon because I would call you out on this. My wide body plane was 90 % full from BKK. The Hilton Karon breakfast time is packed , lobby is packed and tons of people on the beach. So where do you live basing your quietest in years ?  Maybe I’ll go check it out. 

Rawai. But it’s not that big an island, if you have a car... Log onto the nai harn beach cameras... you can do it from where you sit. At this time of year, it’s usually hard to find somewhere to fall over... not so now.

But do come check it out. Nai harn is the best beach hereabouts, and the roads are empty. Enjoy

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

And... if you decide to stay in our deserted town, vs return to your Bangkok condos table, pm me and I can organize a cheap pool villa for a couple of months.

57 minutes ago, jany123 said:

And... if you decide to stay in our deserted town, vs return to your Bangkok condos table, pm me and I can organize a cheap pool villa for a couple of months.

I have to go back to the states April 17( I think if it’s still there ) if not I’ll hit you up. I like PHUKET and my table is uncomfortable.