V. Extension running out, all flights canceled & borders closing - what to do?

Hi guys, 

I'm currently here on a SETV that just was extended with 30 days. Yesterday my airline canceled all flights to Thailand, until further notice. 

Recent news also tells me that the Cambodian and Malaysian border is closed for border runs (also confirmed with 2 agents). 

I'm unable to fly home and I'm unable to go to another country. I dont want to overstay and break the law as I do want to return...

What should I do? 

My plan was for a Border run on the 15th of April. That very border run then extended for 1 time, and then heading back to Sweden on the 14th of june. 

I am being told that my embassy would help me verifying that my flight is canceled. However, I have not received a response yet and I'm really worried that they will not. Why? Because my flight home was not within my 90 days (SETV + Extension). My extension ends in april 16th and my flight home was ("needs to be") in June. Would they extend for 2 months for me? Doubt it. However, these are special times. 

Edited by aldriglikvid

you find a way to get a ticket home or get locked up if caught on overstay.  believe me there will be no sympathy for this. 

"I'm unable to go to another country" completely untrue. 

Edited by at15
  • Like 1

As of now, you still have a lot of options to go to other countries. That as well as re-book, change or buy a new ticket home to Sweden with other airline is still available. That is your choices right now. neither have all borders and embassies closed, so there is also a small option for another visa. All borders have not closed so you might be able to get a 30 day exempt somewhere.

If it would come to that all options are gone, when your visa expire, there will of course be possible to extend permission to stay at immigration offices. Probably for a sum of 1900 baht.

???

Yesterday my airline canceled all flights to Thailand, until further notice. 

so pick another airline

Recent news also tells me that the Cambodian and Malaysian border is closed for border runs (also confirmed with 2 agents). 

Malaysia yes border closed to you , BUT for Swedish passport, you can fly just about everywhere else

I'm unable to fly home and I'm unable to go to another country. I dont want to overstay and break the law as I do want to return...

??? as above

Your not stuck or seem to be any problmes other than ur airline canceled its flights.

You just need book  a new flight

• Like 1

If you are staying here the Cambodia crossings are not closed for anybody.
"CAMBODIA – published 14.03.2020

Effective from 17.03.2020:
All passengers who in the past 14 days have been to, or are originating from France, Germany, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter or transit Cambodia. This restriction applies for 30 days.
- This does not apply to nationals of Cambodia or residents of Cambodia."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Laos and Myanmar are also open.

• Like 1

Update: My embassy will write a recommendation letter to extend my current extension. 

Two close friends (Italian and French) got their letters this monday and had each one successful extension (on top of their current extension) yesterday. 

Seems as Immigration is prepared for this outcome. 

I apologize for making some of you offended. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Update: My embassy will write a recommendation letter to extend my current extension. 

This merely pushes the problem down the road 30 days, when the situation is likely to be worse.

Book a ticket today, go home ASAP. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This merely pushes the problem down the road 30 days, when the situation is likely to be worse.

If the first 30 days was not enough then another one could be applied for. There is no limit on the number of 30 day extensions that can be applied for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1