Medical certificate for boarding

18 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Based on my reading of that insurance it is horrendously short of the requirement. That million baht figure doesn't apply to the most common medical requirements, such as hospitalization for pneumonia.  That would only be considered "medical treatment" and be limited to 50k. You'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 days in a private hospital before it ran out.

The larger amount is only for ailments that are "incurable". Pneumonia can be treated and therefore doesn't qualify.

The million is death or permanent disability payout, the 100k is medical. Is how I understand it.

Again, it's for the various extended family, prevents later brewing asked.

thanks 

32 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Based on my reading of that insurance it is horrendously short of the requirement. That million baht figure doesn't apply to the most common medical requirements, such as hospitalization for pneumonia.  That would only be considered "medical treatment" and be limited to 50k. You'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 days in a private hospital before it ran out.

The larger amount is only for ailments that are "incurable". Pneumonia can be treated and therefore doesn't qualify.

thanks 

I never read the details:(

But it is more to have something to show in case I am asked in the street (one never knows) as I live in Bkk. 

I have a private insurance from my country and I  guess they would be obliged to cover that 

Today, 19 MArch, in France, Charles de Gaulle airport Paris, my Belgium friend was going back to Bangkok, and did not get its boarding pass as he did not have Covid-19 Certificate. Staff told him to go embassy to get it (not clear which embassy, Thai I think). Of course he can't have it there. He did not board, stuck in airport, no restaurant, found a pricey hotel without food ... well the mess. So yes today at midday in France, Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport, this was a requirement for Quatar airline. He is now waiting for a friend to go to pick him. Until he find a way to go back, but he is not optimistic for sure.

I dont know much more, as I did not speak to him directly, but true story.

Just for information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Total cluster<deleted> Thailand.  Once again

Well that was all about Wednesday... as we dawn on Friday I expect it will be a new requirement or re-instating of the old. . 

Total joke.. all the announcements.  All the things it says have to happen.. I arrive with all my health stuff and T8 filled out..  and.. 

Nothing !! No temperature check.  No app to install..  No 14 day self isolation.. No questions on my travel history.. zero screening whatsoever.  Nada !!! 

Here's you 90 day, welcome to Thailand. 

On the one hand great it was easy for me, but shouldn't there be like something ??   

Empty airport..

Edited by LivinLOS

6 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Total joke.. all the announcements.  All the things it says have to happen.. I arrive with all my health stuff and T8 filled out..  and.. 

Nothing !! No temperature check.  No app to install..  No 14 day self isolation.. No questions on my travel history.. zero screening whatsoever.  Nada !!! 

Here's you 90 day, welcome to Thailand. 

On the one hand great it was easy for me, but shouldn't there be like something ??   

Empty airport..

I wont link BP again (see I am remembering ????  !!) but if you google "Officials snub claim of lax health screening at airport" you will get an article where immigration and claiming another FB user who posted my exact experience was 'mistaken' and it was all a 'miss understanding' as per usual. 

Just to emphasise.. Thats a flat out lie. There was no health control officer, no T8, no tracking app to install, no person allocated to check up on my self isolation etc.. 

I will of course self isolate, its the right thing to do, but claims that there is anything in place to enforce or screen this is flat out fabrication. 

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sometimes they just watch a screen to see whether passengers have a fever and you may not have noticed them ?

No.. Its not just a temperature check. People from countries of 'ongoing infection zones' of which I have been in many in the last few days, are supposed to have a health screen on arrival by a disease control officer including 1) checking last 14 day travel history 2) TM8 form which also tracks recent flights, seats sat in, etc 3) tracking app on the phone 4) daily contact with an assigned health officer to check symptoms / home isolation / and ongoing channel of communication in case of infection. 

Plus I was looking out for any non obvious cameras so unless they were hidden like spy cams at a distance again I call BS !! 

Someone I know who arrived via Phuket had all this happen and gets his daily call and is being monitored to check his home isolation. Someone on the same flight as me yesterday but who didnt have a connecting flight so had to exit airside in bangkok also had it happen, but deleted the app etc straight after. 

Edited by LivinLOS

Just now, Smc75 said:

Here's the current version of the Health certificate required for visitors to Thailand https://move2thailand.com/question/how-does-a-health-certificate-to-visit-thailand-look-like/

yeah thats what Thai air used as an example.. Note the reference to direct testing not only symptomatic examination. I have also been sent an Austrian one and its the same in that it has to have a test result. 

Certainly as far as the uk goes, there is no way to be tested without having qualifying symptoms and anyone with symptoms wouldnt be allowed to board. Secondly the UK GP and a hospital both said that NHS guidelines were that they would not issue any kind of fit to fly notice and hence they could not provide this. Perhaps private medicine could but my brother spent hours on the phone while I was fleeing to bupa and private doctors to be told 'no chance' of a COVID test. 

7 minutes ago, Smc75 said:

You are right. And there's also a questionnaire to be filled in by visitors to Thailand.

Not sure if thats separate to or just the T8 form. 

I DL'ed it, had it pre written, but no one bothered to ask for it. 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

No.. Its not just a temperature check. People from countries of 'ongoing infection zones' of which I have been in many in the last few days, are supposed to have a health screen on arrival by a disease control officer including 1) checking last 14 day travel history 2) TM8 form which also tracks recent flights, seats sat in, etc 3) tracking app on the phone 4) daily contact with an assigned health officer to check symptoms / home isolation / and ongoing channel of communication in case of infection. 

Plus I was looking out for any non obvious cameras so unless they were hidden like spy cams at a distance again I call BS !! 

Someone I know who arrived via Phuket had all this happen and gets his daily call and is being monitored to check his home isolation. Someone on the same flight as me yesterday but who didnt have a connecting flight so had to exit airside in bangkok also had it happen, but deleted the app etc straight after. 

No wonder Thailand is reporting 50/60 cases every day now. Next week it will be 200 and following week it will overwhellm their health system. A complete travel ban is the only solution. India had a complete travel ban for two weeks now and imposed a complete commerical flight ban from tomorrow and the new cases are trickling now.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

No wonder Thailand is reporting 50/60 cases every day now. Next week it will be 200 and following week it will overwhellm their health system. A complete travel ban is the only solution. India had a complete travel ban for two weeks now and imposed a complete commerical flight ban from tomorrow and the new cases are trickling now.

Read this interview.. The Dr is very explicit in how he answers the questions 'thai style'.. 

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citylife-articles/is-chiang-mai-ready-infectious-disease-expert-gives-some-answers/?fbclid=IwAR3DgTfByd2O7VYOOcMBF_Tiu3CPsRzJvVNcTEoCJDAqJ4pns_tTe5M9U68

Right now the official number for coronavirus cases in Chiang Mai, according to the CMPHO is one person infected. Surely that can’t be right. Do you know how many people are being tested and tell us where and how to get tests?

Dr. Poramed: All information has to come from the CMPHO and if they say that there is one case here in Chiang Mai then that is what I have to say

So what has your team been working on?

Dr. Poramed: Apart from preparing ourselves and working with others to help them prepare themselves, we have also been setting up these two units I mentioned. Then there is treatment.

Citylife: You mean the one patient so far?

Dr. Poramed: [Laughs].

This is a helpful discussion.  As someone in the process of trying to procure a medical certificate, I would like to know if anyone has experience in whether doctors have been willing to certify that "that the passengers pose no risk of being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19)" per the most recent guidance and if so how.   It's one thing to certify that the test results say one is negative (per the prior form) but another to make the assertion referenced in the new guidance.  CAAT COVID rules

well the app for a long term visa includes a doctor report that one does not have diseases to include leprosy and elephantiasis.

Back when, when I took a printed page of that query to at least 6 clinics and dr offices, the best I got was confused looks and sorry we cannot sign that... leprosy and elephantiasis - really.

So Tland has decided that effectively killing 20% of their GDP (tourism) is OK to do based upon 1 or 2 WuFlu deaths. I've given up trying to convince any of the loony-toons to compare deaths to total population numbers. There's no helping the stupid. Bye

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

well the app for a long term visa includes a doctor report that one does not have diseases to include leprosy and elephantiasis.

Back when, when I took a printed page of that query to at least 6 clinics and dr offices, the best I got was confused looks and sorry we cannot sign that... leprosy and elephantiasis - really.

So Tland has decided that effectively killing 20% of their GDP (tourism) is OK to do based upon 1 or 2 WuFlu deaths. I've given up trying to convince any of the loony-toons to compare deaths to total population numbers. There's no helping the stupid. Bye

So your posting this rubbish up against every health advice the world has provided. I love self confidence. The flip side is embarrassing ignorance. 

Do some research Glen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jonas67 said:

This is a helpful discussion.  As someone in the process of trying to procure a medical certificate, I would like to know if anyone has experience in whether doctors have been willing to certify that "that the passengers pose no risk of being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19)" per the most recent guidance and if so how.   It's one thing to certify that the test results say one is negative (per the prior form) but another to make the assertion referenced in the new guidance.  CAAT COVID rules

After scrambling for 4 days running from europe (after being told on monday by the Thai run embassy in Holland that they would post my passport back to me in 5 days !!!) I bailed on Europe beating the french and belgian closures by hours... and ended up getting a on the spot visa issued in wales wed.. I then booked the next connection I could find and arrived this morning.. Wed afternoon in the UK I (and my brother etc everyone calling and on hold hours at a time) spent all day speaking to GP's, hospitals, private hospitals, bupa, etc... As well as airlines and everyone else who put you on hold for hours at a time !! 

The GP made it VERY clear that 1) they were snowed under and non essentials like this were not welcome and 2) she checked and the NHS guidelines were they were not authorised to issue any kind of fit to fly notice whatsoever. UK hospitals said the same sort of thing (after hours on hold) and made it clear that there was no way to obtain a covid test without being symptomatic (and even then unlikely) and of course if you have symptoms no ones letting you on the plane anyway. Plus then there was the issue of delay time from testing to result to ticket purchase to travel. Bupa said same (no testing without symptoms and a private uk hospital repeated it) and I just ran for the airport to beat the deadline. 

I have basically been running on adrenaline, caffeine and 3 hours sleep a day since Monday, arrived to Chiang Mai a couple of hours ago. 

My prediction is the lack of these tests, will mean the airlines have empty planes and will cancel the routes. Its not workable and they are the ones left to police it, and pay the price of empty planes and or sending folks home if refused entry. 

Edited by LivinLOS
spelling
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

After scrambling for 4 days running from europe (after being told on monday by the Thai run embassy in Holland that they would post my passport back to me in 5 days !!!) I bailed on Europe beating the french and belgian closures by hours... and ended up getting a on the spot visa issued in wales wed.. I then booked the next connection I could find and arrived this morning.. Wed afternoon in the UK I (and my brother etc everyone calling and on hold hours at a time) spent all day speaking to GP's, hospitals, private hospitals, bupa, etc... As well as airlines and everyone else who put you on hold for hours at a time !! 

The GP made it VERY clear that 1) they were snowed under and non essentials like this were not welcome and 2) she checked and the NHS guidelines were they were not authorised to issue any kind of fit to fly notice whatsoever. UK hospitals said the same sort of thing (after hours on hold) and made it clear that there was no way to obtain a covid test without being symptomatic (and even then unlikely) and of course if you have symptoms no ones letting you on the plane anyway. Plus then there was the issue of delay time from testing to result to ticket purchase to travel. Bupa said same (no testing without symptoms and a private uk hospital repeated it) and I just ran for the airport to beat the deadline. 

I have basically been running on adrenaline, caffeine and 3 hours sleep a day since Monday, arrived to Chiang Mai a couple of hours ago. 

My prediction is the lack of these tests, will mean the airlines have empty planes and will cancel the routes. Its not workable and they are the ones left to police it, and pay the price of empty planes and or sending folks home if refused entry. 

Lucky you managed to just beat the clock back in.  Was in a similar fix myself on Wednesday.  Sure felt good to exit Immigration unscathed.  Many I fear won't be so lucky.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Al this to get to changnobyl, now there's a sound decision if I ever seen one!????????????????????????????????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, yang123 said:

Call me old-fashioned if you like, but why doesn't the Thai government charter a handful of otherwise idle Thai Airways aircraft to fetch Thais home.  Medical check on arrival etc. ✈️✈️✈️

Which other western country is doing that.

Also what is your "medical check on arrival"? Temperature scan?

Is that a joke.

• Sad 1

For those who do not live in the capital city.

Regarding a medical Certificate

It should be possible to get such a document saying that you do not carry the Batwuhan- virus from your local hospital.

I'm only assuming that such a formal document with stamp and signature of a doctor should be helpful. 

Does anybody know if such a document would be accepted? One way the other, they'll soon want one from all of us, right?

Let's hope for the best. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Can we send the Batwuhan virus back to where it came from, pease?

12 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

For those who do not live in the capital city.

Regarding a medical Certificate

It should be possible to get such a document saying that you do not carry the Batwuhan- virus from your local hospital.

I'm only assuming that such a formal document with stamp and signature of a doctor should be helpful. 

Does anybody know if such a document would be accepted? One way the other, they'll soon want one from all of us, right?

Let's hope for the best. 

No one knows what would be acceptable as it is not clearly defined. BTW it is not possible within 72 hours prior flying.

Thai are are slow train crash.

Its amazing these announcements do not have a fact check. Need run it past someone with a brain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which other western country is doing that.

Also what is your "medical check on arrival"? Temperature scan?

Is that a joke.

Many that are on lock down Denmark is a prime example, sending military planes worldwide to bring back stranded Danes. 

However the issue is Thailand is actively blocking returning Thais, not simply 'not helping them'.