Medical certificate for boarding

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

For those who do not live in the capital city.

Regarding a medical Certificate

It should be possible to get such a document saying that you do not carry the Batwuhan- virus from your local hospital.

I'm only assuming that such a formal document with stamp and signature of a doctor should be helpful. 

Does anybody know if such a document would be accepted? One way the other, they'll soon want one from all of us, right?

Let's hope for the best. 

Read above.. No UK hospital will provide that which is being demanded. 

The Thai embassy is doing it for Thai citizens as a work around. No clarity on if they will do it for non Thais.. 

I just ran for the next plane, quite possibly ended up being the last one. 

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

After midnight today March 21st if entering Thailand you will need.

image.png.f055088f5a0e8abf762742b3ab63e6cd.png

Source: https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Infographic-Summary-of-Practical-Guidelines-for-passengers.pdf

Are these restrictions for entering land boarders as well?...If so I can see it being a big problem for guys doing their multi Non O or multi Tourist visa in/out boarder runs in the near future being stranded at any land crossing denied entry in Thailand. I'm sure we will get reports from the ground in the upcoming days.

13 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Are these restrictions for entering land boarders as well?...If so I can see it being a big problem for guys doing their multi Non O or multi Tourist visa in/out boarder runs in the near future being stranded at any land crossing denied entry in Thailand. I'm sure we will get reports from the ground in the upcoming days.

I cannot predict what will happen at this time.

If here they would probably let you leave at a land border crossing if you cannot re-enter.

Many border crossing may be closed for entry to the country other than for Thais.

Crossings to Malaysia are closed at this time. Laos and Myanmar are closed for all intents and purposes unless you have a visa for entry.

8 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Many that are on lock down Denmark is a prime example, sending military planes worldwide to bring back stranded Danes. 

Stranded ones who want to get back is one thing, and I expect they would be quarantined on return. I was thinking of how about 5-6 weeks back there was the mad rush and special flights to get citizens back to their home country from Wuhan and nearby areas. It is beginning to look as if they may have been better off where they were. 

4 hours ago, time2093 said:

Land borders in the region are closing also.. 

Laos, Malaysia is locked or locking.. Myanmaar not allowing anyone without a pre applied visa.. Cambodia I hear visa runs all being cancelled ??

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Stranded ones who want to get back is one thing, and I expect they would be quarantined on return. I was thinking of how about 5-6 weeks back there was the mad rush and special flights to get citizens back to their home country from Wuhan and nearby areas. It is beginning to look as if they may have been better off where they were. 

When someone suggested Thailand send planes to repatriate its people, you scoffed and asked which other western country is doing that (many in fact). 

But the bigger point is.. yes many countries are going out of thier way to make emergency methods to repatriate thier citizens. However Thailand is doing the opposite

Can you name any country in the world denying its citizens the right to return home in this time of crisis ?? 

32 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Can you name any country in the world denying its citizens the right to return home in this time of crisis ?? 

Eqypt, India, Peru, KSA and a few others do so by banning all flights. 

Do Thai Nationals need the health insurance?

Doesn't matter what Nationality someone is when it comes to virus propagation, more about where they have been.. 

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Eqypt, India, Peru, KSA and a few others do so by banning all flights. 

Do Thai Nationals need the health insurance?

Doesn't matter what Nationality someone is when it comes to virus propagation, more about where they have been.. 

A quick scan of flightradar shows passenger planes arriving and departing those countries right now. 

The fact remains, Thailand is creating bureaucratic hurdles to deny its citizens the constitutional right to return to thier home country.  I know of no other country in the world doing this, in fact almost all are doing the precise opposite, trying to get thier people home. 

5 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

The fact remains, Thailand is creating bureaucratic hurdles to deny its citizens the constitutional right to return to thier home country.  I know of no other country in the world doing this, in fact almost all are doing the precise opposite, trying to get thier people home. 

Living in Thailand is the world's greatest privilege, even for Thais

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

A quick scan of flightradar shows passenger planes arriving and departing those countries right now. 

I expect this to be 'clarified' soon, it is common here announcements get ratified. Still keeping infected people out is important in these times. US citizens are being denied constitutional liberties too.

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bit related. We have several Thai friends currently in Japan. (popular with Thai since they are visa exempt) Anyway currently they are having great trouble obtaining the "medical". For starters my Thai other half is telling me it cost 3000baht and it's difficult for them to get info. 

Bit harsh of Thai authorities on its own citizens imo.

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Land borders in the region are closing also.. 

Laos, Malaysia is locked or locking.. Myanmaar not allowing anyone without a pre applied visa.. Cambodia I hear visa runs all being cancelled ??

Myanmar never allowed anyone except those with pre-applied visas anyway.  However, last I heard they had closed their land borders.

Re Cambodia: I think what you "heard" was someone who said that a service provider providing a car to the border would no longer do it.  Last I checked, the Cambodian border was closed to six nationalities (except possibly if those nationals had a pre-existing "ordinary" visa and had already extended it).  Other than that last I heard the Cambodian borders with Thailand are still open to other nationalities.

2 minutes ago, daeumtnaot said:

Myanmar never allowed anyone except those with pre-applied visas anyway.  However, last I heard they had closed their land borders.

Up till this week they allowed border crossing for visa renewals. 

Now they dont. 

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I expect this to be 'clarified' soon, it is common here announcements get ratified. Still keeping infected people out is important in these times. US citizens are being denied constitutional liberties too.

Its been posted in the last few hours to the IATA travel advisories. This is where the airlines look for the rules, not announcements on khaosod etc. 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 00:00 local time 22 March 2020:
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

3. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) must have a Health Certificate as well as Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 2 days prior to departure.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
4. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) must have a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
5. Passengers and crew members must present a completed T.8 health questionnaire to Health Control Office upon arrival.
6. Crew members not based in Thailand arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) will be quarantined at the hotel until next departure schedule.
7. Crew members based in Thailand arriving from China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China) will be quarantined at home until next departure schedule.
- This does not apply when they only transited through China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Italy, Korea (Rep.) or Macao (SAR China).
8. Based on the travel advisory restriction issued by United Arab Emirates Government, nationals of United Arab Emirates are not allowed to travel to Thailand.
9. Nationals of Bulgaria, Bhutan, China (People's Rep.), Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu and passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport can no longer obtain a visa on arrival.
10. Nationals of Italy are no longer visa exempt.

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Its been posted in the last few hours to the IATA travel advisories. This is where the airlines look for the rules, not announcements on khaosod etc. 

And that says not required by Thai Nationals!!!!

2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Up till this week they allowed border crossing for visa renewals. 

Now they dont. 

Are you talking about a land border?  As I mentioned, Myanmar has closed land borders.  

If you are also talking about flights into the country, it would also be useful to provide a source or at least point us in the right direction.

Just now, daeumtnaot said:

Are you talking about a land border?  As I mentioned, Myanmar has closed land borders.  

If you are also talking about flights into the country, it would also be useful to provide a source or at least point us in the right direction.

Entry via BORDER means by land.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Nepal. I read a news article about it a couple of days ago but find it strange.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

...Do Thai Nationals need the health insurance?...

Thai nationals do not need a health insurance policy to board a flight to Thailand. They are covered by the national "30 Baht" health scheme.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

...We have several Thai friends currently in Japan. (popular with Thai since they are visa exempt) Anyway currently they are having great trouble obtaining the "medical"...

Are you talking about the Thai embassy's "fit to travel" certification?

Thanks for the info Sefton. haven't been on ThaiVisa for a while. Glad to see you still active on the forums and giving comprehensive crucial info. You're doing the lord's work.

Looks like I'm officially homeless now. I'm currently working offshore Argentina and I won't be able to return to my family in Thailand so I have to try to at least return to my home country, which will be an interesting endeavor considering it will be a month from now and things could be even worse then. I'm working with a crew of 70 and nobody can get to and from the work site(Argentina is closed) so our 5 week shift may turn into a 3 month one!

Edited by ChoakMyDee
spelling

13 hours ago, ChoakMyDee said:

Thanks for the info Sefton. haven't been on ThaiVisa for a while. Glad to see you still active on the forums and giving comprehensive crucial info. You're doing the lord's work.

Looks like I'm officially homeless now. I'm currently working offshore Argentina and I won't be able to return to my family in Thailand so I have to try to at least return to my home country, which will be an interesting endeavor considering it will be a month from now and things could be even worse then. I'm working with a crew of 70 and nobody can get to and from the work site(Argentina is closed) so our 5 week shift may turn into a 3 month one!

Your not alone, I have a friend on an oil rig (what does he do !!) and another in Nigeria who may have to remain there for the duration. 

Neither have any home other than Thailand.