Medical certificate for boarding

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-thailand-public-health-ministry-updated-covid-19-control-measures-for-travellers/

From the way this looks both categories require papers 48 hours before you are allowed to board a plane and $100,000 in insurance needed where you board. There is no way to get this document from a doctor since tests are very hard to come by

On 3/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, ryanhull said:

'The new measure requires all nationalities arriving in the kingdom to show a medical certificate, issued no more than three days prior to their arrival, have purchased an insurance plan for COVID-19 and giving consent to allow authorities to install a monitoring application on their smart phone.'

????

Yes read the same. So where do you get an insurance plan for this virus and a medical certificate?

5 hours ago, Destined said:

Can anyone read this announcement in thai from CAAT? Seems to concern introduction of medical certificate requirements.

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/48678

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-thailand-public-health-ministry-updated-covid-19-control-measures-for-travellers/

This seems to be more updated and detailed. All requirements for all countries look the same.

21 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

jeeez,

is this what the generals have come up with?

not sure that medics have a licence number in all countries

but;

for the vast majority of the hundreds of millions citizens in Europe it would be impossible to

obtain such a certificate

there quite simply aren't any kiosks around where you can go and have yourself tested

i  mentioned only the Uk not Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurup

I hope it is wrong, as no doctor in the UK will sign that, nor will they give you a covid-19 test, i notice from 7 April Thai are reducing flights to 1 a day from london, there is nothing on The Thai airways website yet or embassy. but have not read of anyone being refused boarding from London yet

23 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

what is the medical certificate supposed to certify?

That any authorities are dumb enough to think that a 3  day  old cert = youll be  fine despite the fact you could get infected 1  second after the test

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

wife  bought some Thai insurance yesterday for 150 baht cover 100k baht so why do others need  $100000

Some airlines are asking for proof of minimum USD 100,000 insurance cover before they give you a boarding pass for a flight to Thailand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Some airlines are asking for proof of minimum USD 100,000 insurance cover before they give you a boarding pass for a flight to Thailand.

What does proof of insurance look like? Same question for the medical certificate?

What is to prevent someone from presenting these docs that are fake (i.e. produced on one's home computer), and getting away with it? Are the airlines, or even Thai Immigration, able to refute any documents that are presented to them?

4 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

What does proof of insurance look like? Same question for the medical certificate?

I have not seen any standard guidelines for the proof of insurance requested by some airlines. I suggest you ask the airline you intend to use for your flight to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I have not seen any standard guidelines for the proof of insurance requested by some airlines. I suggest you ask the airline you intend to use for your flight to Thailand.

I'm not planning on going anywhere (most especially to Thailand). I was merely asking a rhetorical question.

I returned from the US yesterday via Taipei to CNX, after cutting my trip short; and they've instituted a new process upon arrival that seems to intend to capture all of your data in the AOT database.  This new process requires the passenger to a) have a working mobile device, b) is an Apple device because you have to download the AOT app from the Apple Store, and c) and answer all the questions with troublesome drop down menus; and all the while the CAT Wifi sucks.  After 30 minutes of trying to fill out this questionnaire I was given a paper form to fill out in lieu of.

I arrived from Taipei with only 20 passengers on the airplane and the only international flight that had arrived.  Can't imagine the horror if multiple arrivals with more passengers on board arrived the same time to these new processes...

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Yes read the same. So where do you get an insurance plan for this virus and a medical certificate?

A little different by geography, I spent the last 2 days calling travel/health insurance providers here in Sydney about short-term insurance for 10 days in Thailand. I called both mainstream known insurers and more local insurance companies.

Every company I called gave me the same answer 'there is now an industry policy that all offerings totally exclude any cover/claims in regard to Covid 19 and the policy applies to all destinations without exception.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, scorecard said:

A little different by geography, I spent the last 2 days calling travel/health insurance providers here in Sydney about short-term insurance for 10 days in Thailand. I called both mainstream known insurers and more local insurance companies.

Every company I called gave me the same answer 'there is now an industry policy that all offerings totally exclude any cover/claims in regard to Covid 19 and the policy applies to all destinations without exception.

Who are you hoping will fly you from Australia to Thailand (and back)? - https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/qantas-grounds-international-flights-stands-down-two-thirds-of-staff-20200319-p54bmh.html

12 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I have a booking on AirAsia. I called the AA office in KL 2 days ago, they shared that AA now has a policy to reduce their international flights to one flight per week (locations which have total lockdown excluded from this policy), and with this policy reviewed as needed in terms of passenger numbers and in terms of observing government policies.

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, Gumballl said:

What is to prevent someone from presenting these docs that are fake (i.e. produced on one's home computer), and getting away with it? Are the airlines, or even Thai Immigration, able to refute any documents that are presented to them?

People anywhere, anytime can produce fake documents. In many cases / situations there's trust that the documents presented are genuine and often severe penalties if caught presenting fake documents.

In reality total proof that all documents are genuine would slow the world down to a crawl and would take enormous resources, unworkable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destined said:

Can anyone read this announcement in thai from CAAT? Seems to concern introduction of medical certificate requirements.

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/48678

It simply references the MoPH list for which countries which despite press reports to the country has not yet been updated. Though I suspect it soon will be.

It makes it clear that it is people traveling from (or having been in, in the last 14 days), the listed countries are affected. Not based on citizenship as wrongly reporting in some Thai media.

• Like 1

Richard Barrow yesterday.. He scrambled to the airport and got a seat in EVA. 

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has already uploaded the guidelines. It starts at midnight on Saturday, Thai time. People coming from Disease Infected Zones of the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak and from Ongoing Local Transmission Areas have to show health certificate and insurance before being allowed to board. And they “must be subject to quarantine” in Thailand. Look out for updated list of countries from the Ministry of Public Health soon. But I’m sure it will be the same list as above.

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20.pdf?fbclid=IwAR17xr-7IY65qguII3ra40src1Py_5RuiaqIuvYzirnYcSxfsuIpLkoT0bs

55 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

How reliable is this? Seems that yesterdays order has propagated to official sources, such as the UK Gov website.

2 hours ago, belfast3 said:

How reliable is this? Seems that yesterdays order has propagated to official sources, such as the UK Gov website.

I've seen official Tokyo Thai Embassy documents that verify this. All the Thai expat community in Japan is up in arms about this on social media. It is official, and also requires proof of health insurance coverage of USD 100,000 for both foreigners and Thais.

4 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

What a total mess.  

Once again Thailand, the total inability to create a workable rule, communicate it in a top down manner, and stick to it, seems entirely impossible in this culture

It'll (hopefully) be a different rule tomorrow once they realise there is no such thing as a covid-19 medical certificate for a healthy person. 

3 minutes ago, belfast3 said:

It'll (hopefully) be a different rule tomorrow once they realise there is no such thing as a covid-19 medical certificate for a healthy person. 

That's not quite true though. 

There's is such a thing, it's just going to be very very difficult to obtain. So much so that airlines would likely pull the flights.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:56 PM, LivinLOS said:

https://www.frank.co.th/en/corona-virus-insurance

450 for half mil and 850 for a mil, for a year. 

I have insured a bunch of the extended family so I dont get caught in the desperation of hospital bill requests. 

hey 

Are you sure about this? because I have just bought one online from the link above and once payment was made I got the following message : Thank you for your payment Your policy is being processing (written this way) and will be delivered within 15 working days Welcome to the Frank family

Also a phone number attached but no reply (mind you it is kind of late )

Your policy is being processing and will be delivered within 15 working days.

Thank you for your payment!

Your policy is being processing and will be delivered within 15 working days.

Welcome t

If you would like to call us, you can at 02-106-5800.

14 minutes ago, alyx said:

I should add that the cover is a fraction of the 100,000 usd required

Based on my reading of that insurance it is horrendously short of the requirement. That million baht figure doesn't apply to the most common medical requirements, such as hospitalization for pneumonia.  That would only be considered "medical treatment" and be limited to 50k. You'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 days in a private hospital before it ran out.

The larger amount is only for ailments that are "incurable". Pneumonia can be treated and therefore doesn't qualify.