Medical certificate for boarding

I just read this 

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200317135259988?fbclid=IwAR2YTjg8_0wyCsIU-ZRGbZQu3eIU0ANyv7eAoRDwBqGHBSPCblHgCvumnFg

Due to board Finn Air on Thursday morning. A friend was denied in Hong Kong but just came in via KL, but that was known and this sounds like everyone and effective immediate. 

My local doctors say they cannot issue anything like this. ideas ??

• Like 2

It is only needed for those from these countries.

"BANGKOK(NNT)-The government has announced that citizens of and those arriving from South Korea, Italy, Iran, as well as China and two of its territories Macau and Hong Kong, are to experience the kingdom’s most stringent screening."

Not sure how accurate the article is.

Latest info can be found here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only needed for those from these countries.

"BANGKOK(NNT)-The government has announced that citizens of and those arriving from South Korea, Italy, Iran, as well as China and two of its territories Macau and Hong Kong, are to experience the kingdom’s most stringent screening."

Not sure how accurate the article is.

Latest info can be found here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

While I would like to agree, and hope it to be the case, I note the Thai section is dated the 13th. 

Thai visa itself is running a thread seemingly counter. 

'The new measure requires all nationalities arriving in the kingdom to show a medical certificate, issued no more than three days prior to their arrival, have purchased an insurance plan for COVID-19 and giving consent to allow authorities to install a monitoring application on their smart phone.'

:(

• Like 1

This is the National News Bureau of Thailand, saying it.. 

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200317135259988?fbclid=IwAR1frfGLUGgAeF4FvH_IjMx3DrTd9kSilNNhOVWFU1hJLzo9TItpuyoTr9M

I do however believe they are wrong, just wish they would get thier act together on such an important fact as this can even cause airlines to not fly, block passengers etc. 

Resources worth reading. 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/Q&A_Measures_Travelers_160320.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0sB703j358xYaNGLO31hxmRtPDWRwDpRe0relIAc3ovkJEzCYiOW8P8_c

The UK is not a Disease infected Zone but it is a ongoing local transmission area. The information there would imply the 14 day self isolation, with a TM8 and a communication with a health officer (possibly apps on phone and tracking) is the likely outcome. 

At this stage its anyones bet.. I am hearing my airline will not even confirm the plane will be flying in 48 hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Basically saying don't come, as both those requirements won't be possible

Right now you can purchase Travel Guard from AIG 
https://www.travelguard.com/travel-news/coronavirus-advisory

Am I covered if I contract Coronavirus? 

If you contract Coronavirus prior to your departure, you would be covered for Trip Cancellation if there is a confirmed diagnosis, including proof of illness from your doctor that states you are medically unable to travel at the time of departure. If you become ill with Coronavirus while on a covered trip, you would be covered for Medical Expense and Trip Interruption/Curtailment benefits if there is a confirmed diagnosis, including proof of illness from a doctor. These coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy. Please click here to access a copy of your insurance policy.

Agree the health cert is impossible, no way to be tested simply to get a flight and UK GPs told me today they will not issue any form of fit to fly documentation. 

2 hours ago, ryanhull said:

'The new measure requires all nationalities arriving in the kingdom to show a medical certificate, issued no more than three days prior to their arrival, have purchased an insurance plan for COVID-19 and giving consent to allow authorities to install a monitoring application on their smart phone.'

????

what is the medical certificate supposed to certify?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Right now you can purchase Travel Guard from AIG 
https://www.travelguard.com/travel-news/coronavirus-advisory

Am I covered if I contract Coronavirus? 

If you contract Coronavirus prior to your departure, you would be covered for Trip Cancellation if there is a confirmed diagnosis, including proof of illness from your doctor that states you are medically unable to travel at the time of departure. If you become ill with Coronavirus while on a covered trip, you would be covered for Medical Expense and Trip Interruption/Curtailment benefits if there is a confirmed diagnosis, including proof of illness from a doctor. These coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy. Please click here to access a copy of your insurance policy.

Agree the health cert is impossible, no way to be tested simply to get a flight and UK GPs told me today they will not issue any form of fit to fly documentation. 

this maybe for policies already purchased, new policies they'd be crazy to include

31 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

what is the medical certificate supposed to certify?

that u  were  fine  3  days  ago  but  then  at  2  days 11hours 59  minutes  u  got  the  virus..................its useless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So when does this requirement come into effect, or is it wrong? People reporting they arrived at Thai airports without needing the medical certificate.

Is there any proper announcement or is it all super vague and contradictory?

• Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

there was a thread the other day where Corona virus insurance was available for 150-300 baht, 50k baht cover, of course useless except may satisfy immigration

Staff at work have been discussing the 150b one... its for Thai nationals only.

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

for the vast majority of the hundreds of millions citizens in Europe it would be impossible to

obtain such a certificate

Let's hope, for our European members sake, it stays the way it is - not a requirement (unless coming in from Italy of course).

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

A post containing a link to and a screenshot of a article on the Bangkok Post has been removed.

Forum Rule

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

there was a thread the other day where Corona virus insurance was available for 150-300 baht, 50k baht cover, of course useless except may satisfy immigration

https://www.frank.co.th/en/corona-virus-insurance

450 for half mil and 850 for a mil, for a year. 

I have insured a bunch of the extended family so I dont get caught in the desperation of hospital bill requests. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks LivinLOS, I'm considering doing the same thing for the relatives up the jungle. Having read the Frank policy details, I'm a bit confused by the coverage details. "illness with serious conditions or diseases caused by a corona virus infection" is covered up to 1M and "Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))" is covered up to 50K.  Are these not one and the same or am I missing something? 

9 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

jeeez,

is this what the generals have come up with?

not sure that medics have a licence number in all countries

but;

for the vast majority of the hundreds of millions citizens in Europe it would be impossible to

obtain such a certificate

there quite simply aren't any kiosks around where you can go and have yourself tested

If you are a national of a country from whom this health certificate is requested I suggest to avoid all unnecessary travel to Thailand. Possibly, your country's government has already published a travel advisory to this effect.

5 hours ago, phetchy said:

Thanks LivinLOS, I'm considering doing the same thing for the relatives up the jungle. Having read the Frank policy details, I'm a bit confused by the coverage details. "illness with serious conditions or diseases caused by a corona virus infection" is covered up to 1M and "Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))" is covered up to 50K.  Are these not one and the same or am I missing something? 

They pay basic medical for 100k (on the 850b policy).. 

They pay advanced medical, for coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death that is a direct result from the Coronavirus where a physician has determined that there is no cure for which has been caused by a coronavirus, then you will be covered to 1 million baht.

Leads to the odd position where someone on a ventilator, in ICU, get sick.. Incurs 500k of costs, then if they die, the policy pays, if they dont die, its 100k cover. Thats what an agent said but makes for strange cover. 

• Thanks 1