All Pattaya entertainment venues to close for 14 days

webfact

3 hours ago, fishtank said:

It will take more than disinfectant to clean that place.

I can only imagine the Chao Praya river will be cleaner as well with suspicious, floating, genetic material being absent there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dogfish180 said:

I swear this government just watch the international news in the evening, and then copy what they thought they saw, with very little logic. Where are all of the bar girls and staff going now? Home to stay with their elderly parents!!! Very wise ????

shutdowns have created disruptions world wide. suppose all have to take the bittler pill.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry, this thread was not for you personal pleasure.

Close 14 days, or not close 14 days? Nobody says it will solve the problem, but it must surely be better with closing 14 days than no days. That´s common sense to me. However, please let me hear how you figured out the common sense in your post.

Logic imo is closing down places with a high number of infected. Hence,no logic in closing down Pattaya just because they closed down BKK. When you have a so called local virus transmission, the number of infected will increase even during a 14 days shutdown because of for example shopping and going to restaurants. People will still go to the local market or postoffice and also buy street food. It would have been better to close the borders. 

• Like 1

I have just walked from Jomtien monkey statue to Foodland,both lady massage parlours on the right hand side were open and touting for business.Heard the blind massage is open too.Was it fake news or are the Thais just taking no notice of the decree?

58 minutes ago, smiggley said:

So restaurants and shopping centres are exempt, WHY??? I can only presume you can not spread the virus in these croaded places.

Yep!  Why do something correctly when you can do it only half-way!  

Welcome to Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robert888d said:

I have just walked from Jomtien monkey statue to Foodland,both lady massage parlours on the right hand side were open and touting for business.Heard the blind massage is open too.Was it fake news or are the Thais just taking no notice of the decree?

I think a lot of venues will be open, until the put the military in to enforce it. It will take some time and for the virus to spread more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khunpa said:

I think a lot of venues will be open, until the put the military in to enforce it. It will take some time and for the virus to spread more.

Yes, I am expecting military on the streets too.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, swissie said:

Surely, health officials have recommended a 4 to 6 week "closure" (like everywhere else). But the TAT could not possibly go with that.
A 2 week "closure" is about as useful as closing the barn door after the horse has bolted out of the barn before.

Where do i get my beer ? usually there is a lock in a bar somewhere, or ladyboys hanging around in the shadows , or a drunk 20 year old girl looking for customers sounds like fun 

24 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

So everyone will be piling into restaurants, defeating the object ... as you get more people in restaurants than you do bars in many cases ????????????
and the idea behind it is  reducing the amount of personal in close proximity 

This is what I’ll be doing 

3 hours ago, banglay said:

I think this will be a good excuse for a lot of bars that struggle during low season to close down and send staff home and blame the COVID19 and then open during high season again .. it make sense 

Pattaya, high season, oxymoron.

53 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Logic imo is closing down places with a high number of infected. Hence,no logic in closing down Pattaya just because they closed down BKK. When you have a so called local virus transmission, the number of infected will increase even during a 14 days shutdown because of for example shopping and going to restaurants. People will still go to the local market or postoffice and also buy street food. It would have been better to close the borders. 

Sorry, you can´t change you stance after you posted. You stated that 14 days closure does nothing. I stated that it will be better than not closing at all. That I am right in that case, is just something you will have to live with. Never said it was going to solve the problem, but I said it is a part of solving that will lead to a smaller amount of infected persons.

Just to amuse you. What do you think happens if Bangkok close down and not Pattaya? You do not think many people will move to Pattaya and party, and that leads to more infections in Pattaya? Before you answer, you better ask yourself how ignorant you want to look.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Quick call to the sign writer to change name from XXXX bar to XXXX bar/restaurant, and put a few sandwiches on show for sale ! 

Good one,and no doubt the bars owned,part owned or controlled by 'Pattaya's finest' will no doubt do that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I just spoke to my wife on the phone.  It seems that the Chinese whispers of the virus originating from the US and planted on the Chinese are now doing the rounds.  She saw this on the news! This government are truly stuck in China’s pocket.

Conspiracy is the Chinese stole it from a Canadian lab and took it to Wuhan. And you tell me what type of news she saw and where your wife is at?